Stop! Before you buy DJI mini 2 in South Africa
4081 4 2021-3-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
sibers
lvl.1
Flight distance : 560003 ft
South Africa

I recently purchased a DJI mini 2 in South Africa, lets say its a wonderful drone however at the time the shop where I purchased it did not have the flymore combo.
Thinking that I could purchase batteries at a later stage I could purchase one but boy was I wrong!

DJI do not sell or ship to South Africa nor do the "official" sellers stock spares for it so you are stuck if you find yourself needing to buy an extra battery or new props.

DJI needs to put pressure on the "suppliers" to start stocking spares for this product or change its import policy.

Im hoping I dont need new props soon as I will be sitting with a white elephant.

I am fully aware that the mini 1 battery works in the mini 2 however I would like the suppliers come to the party and offer a proper solution.
2021-3-18
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Hi there. We're sorry to know about this. We'll make sure to have this forwarded to the team.
By any chance, we have sorted out lists of our official retail stores that you may refer to and contact within your current location. Hope this helps.

2021-3-19
Use props
sibers
lvl.1
Flight distance : 560003 ft
South Africa

Good day,

Thank you for your feedback however I have already contacted these retail stores with the same answer form each of them that they can sell me a DJI mini 2 but no mini 2 batteries.
So in essence we can buy a Mini 2 but if it ever has a broken prop or battery then its considered as disposable due to no spares available.

Please put pressure on the suppliers to stock spares.
2021-3-21
Use props
I88K4S
lvl.2
Flight distance : 979094 ft
South Africa

Yup another South African here, I can confirm that none of the official distributors are carrying any spares for the Mini 2. I am lucky to have bought the flymore combo but it's going to be an issue when I need to replace props or batteries!
2021-5-7
Use props
kitty-hawk
New
Flight distance : 55197 ft
South Africa

I am also looking for mini 2 batteries and no one in SA seems to stock them? I contacted DJI this afternoon and the listed suppliers that DJI gave me don't have any batteries...yikes!
2021-10-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules