Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
szacs93
lvl.3
Flight distance : 4143743 ft
  • >>>
Hungary

Dear All!

I got mine FPV drone shortly after the launch event. I flew it a lot (nearly every day, with 3-6 batteries per day).
Today was a different day, I was flying in manual mode then all of a sudden my video feed got interrupted. Last time, when something similiar happened, it immediately stopped and started the RTH procedure, but not now, I pressed the stop button also, but nothing changed, then tried long pressing it for an RTH, but it was not coming back.

I was waiting there nearly 10 mins, but it was not far from me, about 500 metres away. I was lucky enough that I have the video from the Goggles.
Here is the video:

Please tell me what can I do now! (Btw I think it is in the lake now...)
Thanks in advance

Update:
logs uploaded to Airdata: https://app.airdata.com/share/lsogkh
more detials in the comments.
2021-3-21
Use props
frankymusik
First Officer
Flight distance : 27841053 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Hopefully that's covered by the device warranty ...
2021-3-21
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there szacs93. I am sorry to read and to know what happened to your DJI FPV. Since this unfortunate incident happened and you have lost the said drone. I would recommend for you to contact our DJI Support Team at https://www.dji.com/support?site=brandsite&from=nav for further assistance. We have a team that will do there best to help you and give out the best resolution for the said issue. Again, I am sorry for your loss and thank you for your understanding.
2021-3-21
Use props
djiuser_ZAKT26VAfDQ6
New
Flight distance : 57762 ft
United States

Something similar happened to me last night about 10pm. Flying my Mini with a full battery and no prior issues, the screen went black, connection lost and the drone flew backwards and upwards. None of the controls worked RTH didn’t work and 35 minutes later it shows up on “find my drone” 13 miles away in the ocean. Here’s screen shots of the log and the map.  I literally could not believe I was witnessing my drone just fly away and there was nothing I could do!
2021-3-22
Use props
Mark Blaide
lvl.4
Flight distance : 246014 ft
United States

Were you flying from inside your car?
2021-3-22
Use props
szacs93
lvl.3
  • >>>
Hungary

Mark Blaide Posted at 3-22 13:36
Were you flying from inside your car?

Yes, I always fly from the car if I go away. I can't fly with the Goggles on if I'm standing I have to sit. I think I know what you are about to say.
I know, that the car can cause issues with the range, but to be honest I immedietly got out of the car when the signal was weak.
The last message I saw was "Sensor system error" and I think it has nothing to do with the loss of signal.
2021-3-22
Use props
Lisa3 AKA Karen
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Another thread on sensor errors, maybe related to your incident?
https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... D767%26typeid%3D767
2021-3-22
Use props
szacs93
lvl.3
  • >>>
Hungary

Lisa3 AKA Karen Posted at 3-22 17:21
Another thread on sensor errors, maybe related to your incident?
https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=237875&extra=page%3D1%26filter%3Dtypeid%26typeid%3D767%26typeid%3D767

Thanks for the post it looks like a similiar issue.
2021-3-23
Use props
djiuser_8Z6jq1jOlV7A
lvl.1

United States

Man, what bad timing.
2021-3-23
Use props
szacs93
lvl.3
  • >>>
Hungary

Updates If someone is interested,
I uploaded the flight log to airdata: https://app.airdata.com/share/lsogkh
In which I can clearly see the "Sensor system error" message after the signal lost, and also a "Mode changed to Atti".

The support team analyzed my logs, and they provided me 30% discount of the next drone which I don't want to accept as I think it was not my fault.

I got this e-mail from the support:
"Dear customer,
Thank you for contacting DJI technical support. We have completed the data analysis for case number CAS-.... The analysis result is as follows:

1.    The aircraft worked under Manual Mode;
2.    Flight Time T=330 s, Relative Height H=3.4 m, Distance to Home Point D=478.1 m, the aircraft was flying to the right-front direction, and the flight log ended;
3.    The last coordinate: 48.0933121, 20.9041622.
Conclusion: Unable to figure out the cause of the accident based only on the flight record.

Based on the analysis of the available data, the flight was normal.

However, due to incomplete data, we cannot determine whether the aircraft later collided or what the exact cause of the accident was.

We deeply regret this incident. If you still can't find the lost device, we offer a 30% discount on the DJI FPV device (excluding the remote control and charger). The offer is valid for one month. Please let us know if you want to take advantage of this offer.

Thank you for your understanding and support."

To add to this mail I don't think the flight time was 330s instead it was 4x60 + 31s = 271s. Also the 3.4m was not the last position instead it was 7.2 based on the logs.
Also I won't accept this offer as it makes no sense. If the drone worked as per the manual this should have never happened.
2021-3-25
Use props
Whoreable
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1775299 ft
United States

szacs93 Posted at 3-25 04:07
Updates If someone is interested,
I uploaded the flight log to airdata: https://app.airdata.com/share/lsogkh
In which I can clearly see the "Sensor system error" message after the signal lost, and also a "Mode changed to Atti".

They have to cover their assets, if you cant prove the drone was lost other than heresay they should have doubt it was lost or broken..... cant charge a muder without a body same issues here... Take the 30% off the 700 craft and learn to fly better or more safely and not over water
2021-3-25
Use props
szacs93
lvl.3
  • >>>
Hungary

Whoreable Posted at 3-25 12:19
They have to cover their assets, if you cant prove the drone was lost other than heresay they should have doubt it was lost or broken..... cant charge a muder without a body same issues here... Take the 30% off the 700 craft and learn to fly better or more safely and not over water

I'm currently writing another post about what I found. I'm 99% sure it was an issue with the drone.
And also I have insurance for the goods which I buy, but they will also say it was a technical error which is not covered.
Anyway... thanks.
2021-3-25
Use props
Duane Degn
Second Officer
Flight distance : 622234 ft
United States

Whoreable Posted at 3-25 12:19

Sorry for going off topic but I just want to make sure people know the following is not true.

"cant charge a muder without a body same issues here"

It's not the first time I've seen this misunderstanding but I assure you, there have been plenty of people convicted of murder without the victims body being found.

I've also seen drones which have been replaced based on video and data logs. I don't think it's always necessary for the drone to be found. (However the example which comes to mind was not a DJI drone.)
2021-3-25
Use props
cootertwo
Second Officer
United States

Those power lines you were flying around, put out all kinds of interference. An example, if you stand under one of those super high power lines, like in your video, and you hold up an old florescent light bulb in your hand, it will glow from the power emitted from the power lines. VERY scarry stuff.
2021-3-27
Use props
SubVetUSA
lvl.1
United States

Another believer in the evil hatred of big transmission lines.  Ouch..
2021-3-27
Use props
sharonox
lvl.1

United States

Sorry to hear about your drone. Could you advise please how you download logs from goggles to the airdata site? I can take the log from goggles but airdata refuses to read the goggle log data format. Looks like you were able to do this since your drone was missing and only goggles data is available. Thank you.
2021-4-2
Use props
szacs93
lvl.3
  • >>>
Hungary

sharonox Posted at 4-2 18:57
Sorry to hear about your drone. Could you advise please how you download logs from goggles to the airdata site? I can take the log from goggles but airdata refuses to read the goggle log data format. Looks like you were able to do this since your drone was missing and only goggles data is available. Thank you.

Airdata uses the logs from the mobile devices (.txt files). You have to connect your Goggles to your device and then sync the logs. After that you will have to use these logs.
2021-4-2
Use props
eisenfliege
lvl.3
Germany

The enormous number of power lines and the fact that you are sitting in a Faraday cage make the electrical engineer in me scream. Anything can happen in an area of so many potential sources of electrical damping and reflections, also in combination with a water surface. I would never fly my drone with such conditions and would recommend it to anyone else!
2021-4-2
Use props
DroneJunkieQc
First Officer
Flight distance : 1015679 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Wow it went in water for sure. I wonder why it did not RTH ?
2021-4-3
Use props
DroneJunkieQc
First Officer
Flight distance : 1015679 ft
  • >>>
Canada

cootertwo Posted at 3-27 09:26
Those power lines you were flying around, put out all kinds of interference. An example, if you stand under one of those super high power lines, like in your video, and you hold up an old florescent light bulb in your hand, it will glow from the power emitted from the power lines. VERY scarry stuff.

I knew a light bulb lit up in a microwave, but I never knew it lit up under Power lines.
2021-4-3
Use props
sharonox
lvl.1

United States

szacs93 Posted at 4-2 21:27
Airdata uses the logs from the mobile devices (.txt files). You have to connect your Goggles to your device and then sync the logs. After that you will have to use these logs.

Thank you! I did not loose the FPV drone (yet), but have other drones missing. I am flying in the forest. It is important to be prepared while battery is not fully dead when missing.
2021-4-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules