5095 26 2021-3-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Spooky Spirits
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1204255 ft
  • >>>
United States

First off let me say that the motion controller is in no way a gimmick. I was shocked how much I liked it.

That being said, my compass blinks "error" briefly every few seconds. When I try to calibrate it the first step seems to go without a hitch. On completing step two it says "Calibration Failed" and I get a box asking me to recalibrate. I've also noticed that it says "Interference in area of MC" or something like that all the time. Happens in the house. Happens on the porch. Happens standing out in the middle of an empty corn field. Any ideas?
2021-3-23
Use props
djiuser_8Z6jq1jOlV7A
lvl.1

United States

I don't know why mine gets the interference thing as well. But the calibration failed was because the picture is wrong. Spin it like a key in a door.
2021-3-23
Use props
Spooky Spirits
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

djiuser_8Z6jq1jOlV7A Posted at 3-23 20:19
I don't know why mine gets the interference thing as well. But the calibration failed was because the picture is wrong. Spin it like a key in a door.

I just gave this a try... in a few different ways actually. Still fails on step two. I must be doing something wrong.
2021-3-24
Use props
djiuser_TnOV9VxjhZ5x
lvl.1

France

Hello,

i also have the same problem on my  motion controller ... kinda scarry during flights ...
I also tried many time calibration of the compass for the motion controller but i never managed to complet it.
I am interested if someone has a solution.
2021-3-24
Use props
Outie
lvl.4
Flight distance : 266926 ft
  • >>>
United States

Same here. Never able to complete a Compass calibration. It always failed despite trying to spin the controller like a door knob as suggested. It’ll proceed to step 2 where you are supposed to flip it and then at the end it just says Failed.

However, I can still use it normally with the Interference at your MC location message, and the control still works fine.
2021-3-24
Use props
dronie1965
First Officer
Flight distance : 24897940 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

There is already a post regarding this.
The callibration picture for step 1 in wrong.
You have to keep the mc more horizontal to do the first step of the calibration. Just like you turn a carkey or a doorkey movement
2021-3-24
Use props
Outie
lvl.4
Flight distance : 266926 ft
  • >>>
United States

dronie1965 Posted at 3-24 12:43
There is already a post regarding this.
The callibration picture for step 1 in wrong.
You have to keep the mc more horizontal to do the first step of the calibration. Just like you turn a carkey or a doorkey movement

It does not work. Tried multiple times.
2021-3-24
Use props
djiuser_4UeXaCskvPbW
New

Brazil

No Work for me
2021-3-24
Use props
djiuser_TnOV9VxjhZ5x
lvl.1

France

This is unfortunately not working for me :s
2021-3-24
Use props
Spooky Spirits
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

Yeah I've tried this every which way. There has to be something I'm doing wrong. Is it actually the FIRST step that's wrong? Can someone make a video of what the right way is? You'd be a hero.
2021-3-25
Use props
apwill44gmail.com
lvl.1
Flight distance : 263179 ft
United States

I had the same issues but was able to finally calibrate. This is what worked for me.  

1. Rebind the controller and drone. Press and hold the power button on both the aircraft and controller until the lights go into scanner mode. They will bind automatically.

2. After binding, power down everything. Power back up.

3. Start calibration with the controller by holding it parallel to the ground and turning it like a screwdriver.

4. Turn it end over end.

Hope this helps.
2021-3-25
Use props
Spooky Spirits
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

apwill44gmail.com Posted at 3-25 12:36
I had the same issues but was able to finally calibrate. This is what worked for me.  

1. Rebind the controller and drone. Press and hold the power button on both the aircraft and controller until the lights go into scanner mode. They will bind automatically.

Except for rebinding, I tried it this way. I will try it again after rebinding. Thank you for your advice.
2021-3-25
Use props
djiuser_TnOV9VxjhZ5x
lvl.1

France

Thanks for the procedure but even with rebinding it still doesn't work...
I may ask for a refund soon :s
2021-3-25
Use props
Spooky Spirits
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

I would've expected to hear from DJI support by now. Do they not read these forums?
2021-3-26
Use props
Spooky Spirits
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

Looks like the issue is ongoing.

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=237734
2021-3-28
Use props
Paul Smith
lvl.1

Australia

I have the same.e issue, replaced the mc but the problem is still there.
2021-3-29
Use props
Paul Smith
lvl.1

Australia

Fixed ...  go to an area with no metal , cars  fence ect.
Re pare the mc to the drone, go to calibrate compas, the first stage turn it like s screw driver , second stage turn like its a wheel infront of you clockwise.
Ignore both immages in the goggles.
2021-3-29
Use props
Spooky Spirits
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

Paul Smith Posted at 3-29 02:08
Fixed ...  go to an area with no metal , cars  fence ect.
Re pare the mc to the drone, go to calibrate compas, the first stage turn it like s screw driver , second stage turn like its a wheel infront of you clockwise.
Ignore both immages in the goggles.

I can't even begin to explain how many times I've tried this. Perhaps your new MC was the solution after all?
2021-3-29
Use props
DaBagBoy
lvl.1
Flight distance : 151135 ft
United States

bump same issues with interference and calibration
2021-3-31
Use props
TOW69
lvl.2
Flight distance : 341037 ft
United States

If I might ask Anyone with this MC issue

Please test and see how far away from you your bird will fly

Any support is much appreciated

Fly Safe
2021-4-3
Use props
TIAGOLHES
New

Brazil

SAME ISSUE HERE. Unbelievable that DJI takes years to develop a product and miss something as simple as this.. Have they not calibrate this in test and learned about wrong pictures before? I`m sorry, but spending 1k USD on a toy and we would expect basic mistakes like this to be triple checked.
2021-4-5
Use props
Spooky Spirits
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

Where the heck is DJI?
2021-4-6
Use props
IdahoRyan
lvl.1
United States

I posted a video I made at lunch today (in the other thread on this topic) on how I calibrate the motion controller.
I was having the same problem with not being able to calibrate the motion controller compass, but so far this has worked for me every time.  Just keep that arm extended

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... 4&page=1#pid2454256

Cheers,
Ryan
2021-4-6
Use props
Mark Blaide
lvl.4
Flight distance : 246014 ft
United States

IdahoRyan Posted at 4-6 15:11
I posted a video I made at lunch today (in the other thread on this topic) on how I calibrate the motion controller.
I was having the same problem with not being able to calibrate the motion controller compass, but so far this has worked for me every time.  Just keep that arm extended

This worked for me. Thanks!
2021-4-11
Use props
Plasmo
lvl.3
Flight distance : 17907 ft
United States

Paul Smith Posted at 3-29 01:54
I have the same.e issue, replaced the mc but the problem is still there.

You mentioned you 'replaced the mc' - did you get a new Motion Controller, and the "MC Interference" issue is still there?

Mine FPV also keeps showing "MC Interference" error pop up when using my Motion Controller.  It seems to run fine though, but not sure why this error keeps popping up.  
I move my arm slightly into a different position, and the error goes away (but i'm not sure if this is really doing anything).
2021-4-12
Use props
djiuser_tLbLHn5z1bZR
lvl.1
Flight distance : 105144 ft
United States

IdahoRyan Posted at 4-6 15:11
I posted a video I made at lunch today (in the other thread on this topic) on how I calibrate the motion controller.

This worked perfectly for me. I had tried everything for a month. Thank you so much.
2021-4-13
Use props
randstorm
lvl.1

United States

Another motion controller calibrate issue here. I have read and done all things and no fix. Can't calibrate so I will wait to use it til someone from dji answers this post with a fix. This bites. I'm not flying with a constant error. Please help us all this is a major issue that should be address
2021-4-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules