Data transfer through the USB port
631 3 2021-3-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
dreamaker99.wowway
lvl.2

United States

Can data be trasfered through the USB C port on the bottom of the Pocket 2, or isi t just for charging?
2021-3-25
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, dreamaker99.wowway. Thanks for reaching out! Yes, that port can be used for both file transfer and charging.
2021-3-26
Use props
dreamaker99.wowway
lvl.2

United States

So I know I am understanding this correctly. So if I hook a USB cable to the computer and then to the bottom port of the Pocket 2 then they should be able to communicate together. And if that is the case, why do you need a Smartphone to activate the Pocket 2, why can't you do it through the computer. I am trying to do some diagnostics to determine the problem, and whether the problem is me or the Pocket 2. Now if the bottom USB port can be use as data transfer, why doesn't the computer detect the camera.  

Thank You
2021-3-26
Use props
dreamaker99.wowway
lvl.2

United States

In addition, I was doing some messing around. Now I know there are USB power cables and USB data cables. Well to make sure I took a USB cable and hooked my Smartphone to my computer and coulds access my cell thought the computer. So that tells me it is a true data cable. So when I hook up the Pocket 2 to the computer and turn on the Pocket 2, the computer does Not see the Pocket 2. Now the question is, "Does the screen need to be unlocked to access the Pocket 2 through the USB port on the bottom?
2021-3-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules