Anyone from Malta or Gozo?
1456 9 2021-3-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
CCmmBB
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Hi all,

Are there any flyers out there from Malta or Gozo that can answer a few questions?
If so, could you help me with the below as I am from the UK but am looking to holiday in Gozo next year:

• Is the height limit for drones on Gozo the same as Malta ie Max 60 metres.
  • Can I fly the Mini 2 in Malta and Gozo with just the Operator Registration Number.
  • When looking at the online map of Gozo on tmcad.idronect, why are there small no fly zones around some of the very small islands.
  • Are the certification courses available online at all or do they have to be at the TM-CAD offices in Liga.
Any help at all would be much appreciated.
2021-3-26
Use props
kyalami
Second Officer
Flight distance : 17352513 ft
Sweden

Hi found this by searching in Google:

https://uavcoach.com/drone-laws- ... national%20aviation,listed%20below%20before%20doing%20so.&text=Why%20fly%20a%20drone%20in,great%20aerial%20shots%20like%20these!

Hope this is of some help.
2021-3-27
Use props
CCmmBB
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Hi kyalami,

I had already read the info on that page but unfortunately its generic European info.
Malta has some extra restrictions that i cant seem to fully confirm anywhere (or maybe my search skills are lacking )
2021-3-28
Use props
kyalami
Second Officer
Sweden

I assume that may have been here too?  https://www.transport.gov.mt/aviation/drones-2604  There are some addresses there that may assist you further.
2021-3-28
Use props
jonny007
Second Officer
Germany

CCmmBB Posted at 3-28 00:23
Hi kyalami,

I had already read the info on that page but unfortunately its generic European info.

If there's nothing to read anywhere that there are special regulations, how do you know that there are? ;-)
2021-3-28
Use props
kyalami
Second Officer
Sweden

I am just trying to help CCmmBB to find if there are any information to his questions and whare hi could look for this or ask these questions directly to the authorities..
2021-3-28
Use props
CCmmBB
lvl.1

United Kingdom

If there's nothing to read anywhere that there are special regulations, how do you know that there are? ;-)

I think that comment was directed at me, not you kyalami.

When you log into idronect it states "Flight Zone Max 60m" which is listed for Malta but I am not sure the same restriction applies to Gozo (never sure if Gozo is governed by Maltese law).
As far as i can make out you only need to register as an Operator (needs confirming).
Why are the tiny islands off limits as there is nothing on them and no people?
And finally, the A2 CofC and the DMARES course/test is currently online in the UK but appears to be "in person" in Malta. Is that still correct during the current lockdowns?

Hope that all makes sense.
2021-3-28
Use props
kyalami
Second Officer
Sweden

CCmmBB Posted at 3-28 05:58

I think that comment was directed at me, not you kyalami.

Hi,
I would write and ask them about your questions, as they say:  Any other questions should be addressed to drones.aviation@transport.gov.mt
2021-3-28
Use props
ulip
lvl.1
Flight distance : 975673 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Good Morning, your request was a while ago. Informations about special drone rules in Malta/Gozo are hard to find. Maybe i can help you ore others: the height limit in Gozo is 120m (OGL). As GB is no longer member of the EU you should check the conditions for registering on the website of "TM". Please note you have to create an account which costs 10 Euro for 2 months. You definitely need a drone insurance. The policy has to be uploaded on the website. Small no-fly-zones show nature reserves or military facilities etc. It´s quite easy to check and register flights on the active map: just draw in the zone you want to fly, complete it with date, time, purpose and proof of insurance. In the monitor window you can see if your flight can be approved automatically (green color) or if it has to be checked by "TM" which can take some hours.
By the way: Gozo is part of the Republic of Malta with the same government and laws...
2023-12-13
Use props
ulip
lvl.1
Flight distance : 975673 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Look at these screenshots how the TM works...

TM 1.jpg
2023-12-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules