Continuous Flying
936 5 2021-3-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
texgeekboy
lvl.2
Flight distance : 347024 ft
United States

How long (i.e., how many batteries) can this thing go through before overheating?  I just did 2 and the mini frame seemed excessively hot.  N.B., the second battery was for a mini 1 if that matters.
2021-3-26
Use props
GaryDoug
First Officer
Flight distance : 1264639 ft
  • >>>
United States

How hot? It does normally get well over 100F.
2021-3-26
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Don't worry about it.
DJI have demonstrated flying some of their drones for 72 hours straight without problems.
I've flown 8 batteries back to back several times.
2021-3-26
Use props
Huginn Kenningar
Second Officer
Flight distance : 49635259 ft
Spain

It will never overheat unless you don't fly. It's basically aircooled, so no air = no cooling.

I always turn it on, wait for satellites, then fly and as soon as I land i turn it off. It will always be cool that way, but If you leave it on over a table for long periods to transmit photos or videos via WiFi it will heat.

Just turn off the drone and use the SD card instead.
2021-3-26
Use props
texgeekboy
lvl.2
Flight distance : 347024 ft
United States

Thanks all, I really appreciate your posts.  As far as the temperature, I would guess it to be a bit over 120 F.  I do have a temperature probe, so I'll use it next time.

However, I must admit I messed up.  I have one of those small ARC strobes mounted in a 3d printed plastic holder I bought from Firehouse.  That unit gets mounted over the exhaust ports.  There's clearance, but there is some blockage.  I never noticed a problem after flying with one battery, but I guess the heat starts to build up with the second.

I will need to rethink my lighting options for something mounted on the arms.  Too bad, that light was great.
2021-3-26
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, texgeekboy. Thanks for reaching out and posting your inquiry. The DJI Mini 2 will normally heat up when being used but as long as you're flying within the Operating Temperature of 0° to 40°C (32° to 104°F) you should not be experiencing any overheating even with continuous flight.
2021-3-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules