what is "switch to DJI Digital Transmission" HELP!
3881 3 2021-3-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Serrini
lvl.1
Flight distance : 32953 ft
  • >>>
United States

Hey all...

Been flying for years but this is my first FPV system. I got the Fly more kit, so DJI googles, DJI controller and DJI FPV drone. All working great.

One question is that I was reading about enabling FCC mode (adding the naco.txt on the SD card...) but I'm completely confused about "switch to DJI Digital transmission" setting in the goggles. When I do that I loose connection to the drone. I've restarted and nothing. So not really sure if A) I can use it with this drone and B) what is the difference.

Thanks anyone who can shed some light! Rs.

2021-3-28
Use props
Buzzyone
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4647913 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

The naco.txt does not work with the DJI FPV Drone. This only works when the Goggles are being used with the DJI Air Unit, which is used for homebuilt FPV Drones and the DJI Digital FPV System.

In order to use the goggles with the DJI Air Unit you have to switch them to FPV System Mode in the about menu.

If you only have the DJI FPV Drone and remote with the V2 goggles then don't switch it to FPV System or you will lose the binding to the FPV Drone. Not the end of the world but you will have to re-bind it when you switch back.

There is NO FCC Hack that works well or simply with the V2 goggles/DJI FPV Drone.
Also - you are in the United States so the system will be in FCC mode anyway!
2021-3-28
Use props
Buzzyone
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4647913 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Having read your post again, it sounds like you have managed to switch your goggles to the FPV System, to connect to the FPV drone you will need to switch it back. If you are in the FPV system in the goggles, go to devices and select DJI FPV Drone, and then restart the goggles. They should syart with the FPV Drone system software which will have the italic text and red warning banner.

You will need to rebind the FPV Drone to the goggles first - Power up the drone, once its ready if you don't get an image then press and hold the battery button on the drone until it beeps and you get the battery lights flashing in sequence. On the goggles press the red bind button next to the power connector the goggles will beep and then bind to the drone, you then need to press the battery button again on the drone until it beeps and flashes the battery lights. Power up the remote and then press and hold the power button on the remote until it beeps and re-pairs to the drone.

Refer to page 14 in the User Manual for the drone.

https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/ ... _User_Manual_EN.pdf

&

https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/ ... s_V2_User_Guide.pdf

2021-3-28
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, Serrini. Thanks for reaching out! If you're only using a DJI FPV Drone with the DJI FPV Goggles v2, there's no need to switch to DJI Digital FPV System.  
2021-4-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules