Defective DJI FPV remote - DJI cant/wont assist
779 10 2021-3-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
CaptainChaos
lvl.1
Flight distance : 200259 ft
South Africa

I purchased a DJI combo FPV drone in the USA. Fedex to South Africa. Managed to activate the drone but the remote control gimbal dial doesnt work, hence its impossible to calibrate the drone and I cant use the product at all. Lots of to and fro with DJI...they gave me 7 days to ship the product back to the USA for evaluation, naturally this is impossible as the product contains batteries and will take more than 7 days to get there. In addition the courier costs to and from the USA exceed the value of product. I cannot obtain a new remote control from DJI, even at my own cost. So much for customer service or standing by your product.... DJI is a global company but behaves like a corner retailer.
Unacceptable behaviour in my opinion.
Case number #3449641 should anyone from DJI happen to read this.

#howtofirealoyalcustomer

defective remote control

defective remote control
2021-3-30
Use props
Estelle Lau
Second Officer
Flight distance : 38632 ft
  • >>>

DJI has no global warranty, that's why you can't get a replacement in South Africa when it was purchased in the USA.
2021-3-31
Use props
CaptainChaos
lvl.1
South Africa

Estelle Lau Posted at 3-31 00:21
DJI has no global warranty, that's why you can't get a replacement in South Africa when it was purchased in the USA.

Thanks, because they have no global warranty doesn't make selling defective products right.
This company lacks ethics...
2021-3-31
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Hi, we feel sorry to hear about the issues you encountered, I understand that must be frustrated for you. Sorry that the international warranty service is not supported, thus if you may need to claim warranty, the controller needs to be sent back to the US for service.
If you would love to purchase the controller directly, we will try to ask the corresponding team to see how to help.
However, we may not be able to ship the unit to South Africa, if the controller will be able to purchase in the US, a US receiving address is needed, if you have a friend in the US, you can ask him for help to receive the package and ship it to you.
2021-3-31
Use props
CaptainChaos
lvl.1
South Africa

DJI Susan Posted at 3-31 02:02
Hi, we feel sorry to hear about the issues you encountered, I understand that must be frustrated for you. Sorry that the international warranty service is not supported, thus if you may need to claim warranty, the controller needs to be sent back to the US for service.
If you would love to purchase the controller directly, we will try to ask the corresponding team to see how to help.
However, we may not be able to ship the unit to South Africa, if the controller will be able to purchase in the US, a US receiving address is needed, if you have a friend in the US, you can ask him for help to receive the package and ship it to you.

Thank you Susan, I don't have an address in the USA but perhaps DJI could ship a remote to ReadyMadeRC where I bought the product and they can send it to me?
I guess I will put the defective remote in the bin.
Its sad that the consumer needs to bear the brunt of DJI's global inefficiencies...I'm sure this will affect the purchasing decisions of others in future.
2021-3-31
Use props
djiuser_CZZNMRkeH8pl
lvl.1
Brazil

Hi, I am having the same same problem. Did you manage to solve? What did you do?
2021-10-8
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

djiuser_CZZNMRkeH8pl Posted at 10-8 16:25
Hi, I am having the same same problem. Did you manage to solve? What did you do?

Hello, there. Sorry for your inconvenience. May I have more details about your issue? Where did you buy the products and where do you live now? We will recommend you search for the local authorized repair center first. Here is the link: https://www.dji.com/service/repair/centers
If you have any questions, please feel free to talk.
2021-10-8
Use props
djiuser_CZZNMRkeH8pl
lvl.1
Brazil

DJI Wanda Posted at 10-8 18:04
Hello, there. Sorry for your inconvenience. May I have more details about your issue? Where did you buy the products and where do you live now? We will recommend you search for the local authorized repair center first. Here is the link: https://www.dji.com/service/repair/centers
If you have any questions, please feel free to talk.

I cannot complete the remote controller calibration. The sticks work correctly, but the dial doesn't. I rotate the dial but no movement appears on the screen. The DJI FPV is new. I just opened the box, activated and updated the firmware to the latest version (I tried to downgrade to test other versions, but the problem persists). After the connection between the controller and the drone, the gimbal starts to tilt up (46º) as if I moved the dial, but I didn't. As with the calibration screen, the dial simply doesn't work and doesn't move the gimbal. When I change the position of the C2 button, the gimbal adjusts correctly, but slowly tilts back up again. The remote control has the same issue with the DJI Virtual Flight virtual drone gimbal; it´starts to tilt up without touching in the dial.

I bought the drone in Brazil and I live here. I could not find service centers in this country.

2021-10-9
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

djiuser_CZZNMRkeH8pl Posted at 10-9 19:15
I cannot complete the remote controller calibration. The sticks work correctly, but the dial doesn't. I rotate the dial but no movement appears on the screen. The DJI FPV is new. I just opened the box, activated and updated the firmware to the latest version (I tried to downgrade to test other versions, but the problem persists). After the connection between the controller and the drone, the gimbal starts to tilt up (46º) as if I moved the dial, but I didn't. As with the calibration screen, the dial simply doesn't work and doesn't move the gimbal. When I change the position of the C2 button, the gimbal adjusts correctly, but slowly tilts back up again. The remote control has the same issue with the DJI Virtual Flight virtual drone gimbal; it´starts to tilt up without touching in the dial.

I bought the drone in Brazil and I live here. I could not find service centers in this country.

Hello, there. Sorry for your inconvenience. Could you please contact our support through email? They will tell you the information you need. Here is the link: https://www.dji.com/support?from=store_footer
2021-10-9
Use props
djiuser_CZZNMRkeH8pl
lvl.1
Brazil

DJI Wanda Posted at 10-9 22:50
Hello, there. Sorry for your inconvenience. Could you please contact our support through email? They will tell you the information you need. Here is the link: https://www.dji.com/support?from=store_footer

OK I will do it. Thank you very much!
2021-10-10
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

djiuser_CZZNMRkeH8pl Posted at 10-10 10:14
OK I will do it. Thank you very much!

You're most welcome. If there is anything else we can assist you with,  please feel free to let us know.
2021-10-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules