Altitude limit
791 3 2015-7-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
rrmike
lvl.1

United States

Is there any plan to let us get rid of the altitude limit in the DJI app?  I fly and record rock formations in the mountains and often want to take the drone on high flights, relative to the launch point, and this prevents me from doing that as well as setting a safe RTH altitude.  

We are already able to set it above the 400' limit, which I'm not actually exceeding because it's not based on AGL altitude but simply altitude relative to the launch point, so why not just let us set it to unlimited?

2015-7-15
Use props
REBELimgs
lvl.2
Flight distance : 46483 ft
United States

1600' not enough for what you need?
2015-7-15
Use props
farmertml
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Had a thought.. not sure if this works though.. can you land it somewhere near the upper limit then set the home point and take off again?  I know there would be a negative impact of this if you lost signal (but could change home point to dynamic with the controller.

Just a thought.
2015-7-15
Use props
sploodge
Second Officer
Flight distance : 809350 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I doubt the 500m limit will be removed. This is a policy from DJI HQ and I would think its a way to try and be proactive an avoid mandatory regulations being enforced.

Apart from very rare circumstances I cannot even think of reasons to take such a small object above 500m ( AGL ). There is no idea what the wind currents will be like and the risk of coming into contact with aircraft increases. Also remember the time it will not only take to get up but also down with the 3m/s limit. From 500m it would take over 3 minutes to come back down. Batteries dont last that long.

Anyway, like I said, doubt it will ever be removed or made to be disabled. Its a bummer for those who have valid reasons though..

2015-7-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules