Damn birds
1044 10 2021-3-31
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
AlansDronePics
First Officer
Flight distance : 814751 ft
Guernsey

It was a tense time taking this shot. Seagulls are prolific around the fort but today, they were way over the harbour on the right. It was dozens of puffins and other smaller birds that swarmed around the Mavic Pro today. They felt threatened and their nesting was disturbed, so it was all my fault, I shouldn't have been there.
I wanted to capture some video of the waves breaking against the Breakwater. The wind speed was a consistent 8-10 mph from the west (left) yet it managed to cause waves to break over the tall seawall. I seldom fly in a stronger wind, even though the drone can take twice that.
That is what makes the breaking waves so rare. very low wind but still high spray. I have seen less spray during 50+ mph storms
I took the stills from my video footage, in case someone wants to criticise the clarity of the image.

My new video project_4.jpg
Still 2.jpg
Still 3.jpg
Still 4.jpg
2021-3-31
Use props
Depp
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1868796 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Nice shots!
2021-3-31
Use props
AeroBear
lvl.1
Flight distance : 31588 ft
United States

Those are really beautiful!
2021-3-31
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
Flight distance : 6188465 ft
  • >>>
France

Lovely shots. Hopefully the birds will not have suffered prolonged stress from your momentary passage through their airspace
2021-3-31
Use props
AlansDronePics
First Officer
Guernsey

Blériot53 Posted at 3-31 07:55
Lovely shots. Hopefully the birds will not have suffered prolonged stress from your momentary passage through their airspace

I have noticed birds pass stress through their passage, momentarily. Specially seagulls who momentarily pause flight, urge, and eject with uncanny accuracy. They can hit the side of a freshly polished blue car without spilling a drop on the ground.
2021-3-31
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

They ruin your shot.
Do something about it!
Shoot them (in a photographic way)
2021-3-31
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
Flight distance : 6188465 ft
  • >>>
France

AlansDronePics Posted at 3-31 08:15
I have noticed birds pass stress through their passage, momentarily. Specially seagulls who momentarily pause flight, urge, and eject with uncanny accuracy. They can hit the side of a freshly polished blue car without spilling a drop on the ground.

That's evolution for you
2021-3-31
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Great Shots,  those gulls can be a real pain.      Did you know there are 50 species of gull,  but not one called a seagull.
2021-3-31
Use props
AlansDronePics
First Officer
Guernsey

Thank you for your comment. I appreciated the gull info. Not a lot of people know that.
But what about the late George Seagull and Steven Seagull?
2021-4-1
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Magnificent shots!    That really is some high spray.  
2021-4-1
Use props
NeonOrange
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2429462 ft
United States

Cool shots.
2021-4-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules