Range and MC interference
2393 6 2021-3-31
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DaBagBoy
lvl.1
Flight distance : 151135 ft
United States

I'm losing video transmission at about 600m when flying with the motion controller. So far it's consistently gone into RTH mode and flown up then back to me to re-establish video connection.
BUT I wondered how far I should be able to fly with the motion controller? and if the MC interference could be contributing to the cut outs?

2021-3-31
Use props
mc54
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1030 ft

United States

I'd be curious as to where the antennas are located in the motion controller and if they aren't as big or effective as the ones in the hand controller....
2021-3-31
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there DaBagBoy. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. Can you please try flying your DJI FPV to a different location to see if the issue will still persist? The DJI Motion Controller uses the OcuSync 3.0 image transmission technology, with the maximum flight distance of up to 10 km. Thank you.
2021-3-31
Use props
DaBagBoy
lvl.1
Flight distance : 151135 ft
United States

Thanks, I've been at 4 very different locations in the past few days and so far and have seen it at each location, I don't see the MC Interference notice with the remote controller only the motion controller
2021-4-1
Use props
Plasmo
lvl.3
Flight distance : 17907 ft
United States

DaBagBoy Posted at 4-1 05:25
Thanks, I've been at 4 very different locations in the past few days and so far and have seen it at each location, I don't see the MC Interference notice with the remote controller only the motion controller

My Motion Controller only allows me to go 1500 Ft in all directions.  I have tested this multiple times in different locations.  Is there a setting that unlocks further distance?  I do not have this range problem with the regular FPV controller that came with the combo kit.  
EDIT: I fixed the distance issue.  There is a security setting that needs to be disabled for the Motion Controller, which mine was locked at 1640ft max distance.  Unlock this, and it fixed my distanced issue.
2021-4-4
Use props
fans10a683c0
New

Nigeria

Hi, I am having the same issue, plus a further warning that "Country Code is not updated". Can you pleaee share with me how you solved the securtity feature problem. Thanks
2021-4-22
Use props
djiuser_TPJjC1801Kiz
New

United States

I’m having the exact problem as everyone else. With the motion controller I’m getting very limited distance as well as the interference message no matter where I fly. But I’m having no issues with the normal controller.
2021-6-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules