faulty design issue
544 10 2021-4-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_9suagLcP6AGK
lvl.1
United States

I was flying my Fpv drone in an open field and I had crashed it and the minute it crashed I lost signal! I ran to go find it and I end up finding the drone but the battery flew off the drone never to be seen again! I was wondering if anyone else has had this issue?
2021-4-2
Use props
Cavu Films
First Officer
Flight distance : 549295 ft
  • >>>
United States

I've seen other drones loose their batteries because they weren't fully seated in the drone. Not saying that was your case but just letting you know.
2021-4-2
Use props
Buzzyone
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4647913 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I had a small mishap with mine (basically a high speed run close to the ground, clipped a tuft of grass) the drone and the battery parted company. Not sure its a design problem I suspect more of a physics problem! Battery and drone were next to each other as the ground was very soft there was no damage.

How fast were you going, was the drone damaged? the battery would have continued in the direction you were travelling if it wasn't ejected vertically.

2021-4-2
Use props
Buster1
lvl.3
Flight distance : 677028 ft
United States

So you crashed, and after that you lost signal AND the battery flew off. And you’re saying this is a faulty design issue!?

You’re joking right?
2021-4-2
Use props
AlanHd
First Officer
Flight distance : 797365 ft
United Kingdom

Buster1 Posted at 4-2 12:53
So you crashed, and after that you lost signal AND the battery flew off. And you’re saying this is a faulty design issue!?

You’re joking right?

I thought it had turtle mode to flip itself back over in the event of a crash, that would be a bit hard to do if the batteries are being ejected when they crash.
2021-4-2
Use props
Duane Degn
Second Officer
Flight distance : 622234 ft
United States

Buzzyone Posted at 4-2 12:44
I had a small mishap with mine (basically a high speed run close to the ground, clipped a tuft of grass) the drone and the battery parted company. Not sure its a design problem I suspect more of a physics problem! Battery and drone were next to each other as the ground was very soft there was no damage.

How fast were you going, was the drone damaged? the battery would have continued in the direction you were travelling if it wasn't ejected vertically.

"Not sure its a design problem I suspect more of a physics problem!"

I agree. I personally don't think this sounds like a design issue.

The battery falling out in flight would certainly be a problem. I think batteries coming disconnected in a crash is a realatively common occurance with FPV quadcopters.
2021-4-2
Use props
djiuser_9suagLcP6AGK
lvl.1
United States

I was going probably about 20mph and crashed into a field of grass. My drone was undamaged and flies perfectly fine but the battery still missing.
2021-4-15
Use props
djiuser_9suagLcP6AGK
lvl.1
United States

Buster1 Posted at 4-2 12:53

You’re joking right?

I was going about 20mph, only was about 20-30ft up and it crashed into a field of tall grass. So no not joking. I've seen my friend crash his drone worse than mine and the battery did fly off but we were able to find it.
2021-4-15
Use props
djiuser_9suagLcP6AGK
lvl.1
United States

I was going probably about 20mph, the height it came down was about 20-35ft. I crashed into a field of grass. My drone was undamaged and flies perfectly fine but the battery still missing
2021-4-15
Use props
Buzzyone
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4647913 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

djiuser_9suagLcP6AGK Posted at 4-15 15:17
I was going probably about 20mph, the height it came down was about 20-35ft. I crashed into a field of grass. My drone was undamaged and flies perfectly fine but the battery still missing
I was flying my iFlight DC-3 it hit a tree and ejected the battery, as it then would not beep as the battery had gone I found neither battery or drone! FPV is cruel :-)
2021-4-15
Use props
tomekyo
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3226991 ft
Netherlands

it looks like you might adjust your expectations about flying drones and crashing. Especially the DJI Fpv ;-) you should be happy it is still in one piece ...
2021-4-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules