722 3 2021-4-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Eager2LearninSoCal
lvl.1
Flight distance : 8100 ft
United States

Hi all,

I've seen previous threads on this and it looks like when one gets this error message it's due to debris in cooling fan. I fly at the beach sometimes and even using a landing pad debris must have gotten in as when I tried to fly a few days ago (first flight after most recent beach trip) I got this error.

The fix seemed simple enough in watching Youtube videos of removing the top cover and clearing the debris on the fan (I can hear the fan trying to turn but it's kind of stuck on something). However call me crazy or I hope I'm not this dumb but I swear where my screws are/should be under the gimbal and camera it's encapsulated/completely covered by a metal or plastic casing so I can't remove it to my knowledge to be able to completely remove the top cover.

I got my Mavic Air back in Nov of '18 so I'm not sure if the design had changed where the screws are now accessible and previously they weren't. However some of the earlier threads I saw on this from people back in '18 experiencing this issue it seemed like the screw wasn't covered and had easy access to unscrew. So I'm a bit perplexed on next steps.

Thanks for any advice/suggestions on best way to move forward on this.

2021-4-4
Use props
Vofas
Second Officer
Flight distance : 200853 ft
Russia

Amazing. Can you show a photo?
2021-4-4
Use props
vg1
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1640367 ft
Poland

2021-4-6
Use props
Eager2LearninSoCal
lvl.1
Flight distance : 8100 ft
United States

Vofas Posted at 4-4 21:46
Amazing. Can you show a photo?

Yes, let me get that to you shortly. Want to get a good light and right angle to show what I'm talking about.
2021-4-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules