DJI OM4 w/ Nokia 8.3 5G
1181 2 2021-4-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
VeeGeeTea
New

Canada

The DJI OM4 app works on the device but it's locked to 16:9 aspect ratio instead of the full width of the device screen at 21:9.
Is there anyway to manually set the aspect ratio within the DJI MIMO app?

Also, using the device without the MIMO app works but lost the ability to track subject and the ability to zoom on the OM4.
Nokia 8.3 5G uses default Android 11, and has a modified Google Camera app to support 21:9.

It'd be great to see support for that 21:9 aspect ratio and framerate at either 24/30fps @ 4K resolution recording.
Thanks!
2021-4-5
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there VeeGeeTea. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. Upon checking the said mobile device ( Nokia 8.3 5G ) that your are trying to use on your DJI OM4 and with the DJI Mimo application. I am sorry to say that the said mobile device is not recommended for the said gimbal and with the said application. We would suggest using a recommended mobile device for the DJI OM4 and with the DJI Mimo application for compatibility and reliability purposes. There is a possibility that the Nokia 8.3 5G will be able to work on the DJI OM4 and with the DJI Mimo application. But however, since it's not yet optimized with the said gimbal and with the said application we cannot guaranteed if it will work all the time and if it will be able to run all the functions of the DJI Mimo application while using it on the DJI OM4. For reference I will post a link ( https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/ ... bility_List_en5.pdf ) where in you can find the list of recommended mobile devices for the DJI OM4. In addition, rest assured that our DJI R&D Team are continuously testing multiple devices to be added on the said list in the future. Thank you for your understanding and support.
2021-4-6
Use props
VeeGeeTea
New

Canada

DJI Stephen Posted at 4-6 01:02
Hello there VeeGeeTea. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. Upon checking the said mobile device ( Nokia 8.3 5G ) that your are trying to use on your DJI OM4 and with the DJI Mimo application. I am sorry to say that the said mobile device is not recommended for the said gimbal and with the said application. We would suggest using a recommended mobile device for the DJI OM4 and with the DJI Mimo application for compatibility and reliability purposes. There is a possibility that the Nokia 8.3 5G will be able to work on the DJI OM4 and with the DJI Mimo application. But however, since it's not yet optimized with the said gimbal and with the said application we cannot guaranteed if it will work all the time and if it will be able to run all the functions of the DJI Mimo application while using it on the DJI OM4. For reference I will post a link ( https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/DJI%20OM%204/DJI_OM_4_Mobile_Phone_Compatibility_List_en5.pdf ) where in you can find the list of recommended mobile devices for the DJI OM4. In addition, rest assured that our DJI R&D Team are continuously testing multiple devices to be added on the said list in the future. Thank you for your understanding and support.

Is there anyway to manually adjust the shutter speed and ISO settings as well as the white balance when shooting videos with the OM4 using the MIMO app, also the ability to limit the maximum digital zoom or use the optical zoom instead of digital zoom?
2021-4-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules