7598 15 2021-4-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
evgenyd
lvl.2
Flight distance : 283304 ft
  • >>>
Latvia

Yesterday I’ve lost my DJI FPV drone. There was bad signal, then drone decided to start landing on it’s own due to low battery (even though it was around 16%), rth didn’t work. Searching for it yesterday in the evening and today - no luck. Maybe there is any hack to see the current location? Find my drone doesnt work without the connection (battery is empty)

2021-4-7
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Sorry for your loss.
2021-4-7
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there evgenyd. I am sorry to watch and to know what happened to your DJI FPV. Since this unfortunate incident happened and you have lost the said drone. I would recommend for you to contact our DJI Support Team at https://www.dji.com/support?site=brandsite&from=nav for further assistance. We have a team that will do there best to help you and give out the best resolution for the said issue. Again, I am sorry for your loss and thank you for your understanding.
2021-4-7
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Oh no.  Really sorry. About 7 months ago I purchased and use the 3G Trackimo GPS tracker. it only weighs 1.4 ounces.  It's not cheap but neither are our drones.  This device doesn't depend on the drone's battery.
2021-4-7
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

That is sad to hear.
2021-4-7
Use props
CTT Channel
Second Officer
Flight distance : 7843156 ft
  • >>>
Thailand

DowntownRDB Posted at 4-7 04:09
Oh no.  Really sorry. About 7 months ago I purchased and use the 3G Trackimo GPS tracker. it only weighs 1.4 ounces.  It's not cheap but neither are our drones.  This device doesn't depend on the drone's battery.

Thanks for the tip, it's very interesting
2021-4-7
Use props
CTT Channel
Second Officer
Flight distance : 7843156 ft
  • >>>
Thailand

Oh ..., were you far from it ? Normally, when it starts to land you push the stick up then you should be able to bring it back to you... Except if you loose the connection.
2021-4-7
Use props
Buzzyone
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4647913 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

CTT Channel Posted at 4-7 09:49
Oh ..., were you far from it ? Normally, when it starts to land you push the stick up then you should be able to bring it back to you... Except if you loose the connection.

Unless the battery is critical then it just lands.
2021-4-7
Use props
Don Giovanni
lvl.1

Jamaica

Keep looking
2021-4-7
Use props
djiuser_d2aayN4FRqRw
lvl.1
Portugal

Must be on the top of does threes.
2021-4-7
Use props
Winkle
lvl.2
Canada

Here's what you can do.

1. Go to the Airdata UAV website (airdata.com), create a new account if you don't already have one.
2. Link your Airdata UAV account to your DJI account (go to My Account, on left menu side bar, look for DJI LOGIN under Data Retrieval and add your DJI login)
3. Connect your goggles to your phone, power on the goggles and start DJI Fly App
4. Sync the flight data by going to your profile in the app, and clicking on "More" at the bottom left side of the screen. You may need to wait a minute, but an option to upload your flight data should eventually pop up. Select it and it'll upload your flight data to your DJI account.
5. Go back to your Airdata account page, go to DJI LOGIN page again, and click on Sync button next to your account.
6. Go to My Flights page on Airdata, you should see all your flight data on there.
7. Go to the last flight where you lost your drone. It will show your entire flight path on a map plus a plethora of other data, go to the last point which should be where it landed, and your drone should be there.

If you need more help actually getting to said location, follow these steps.

1. Go to Google Maps on your PC. Click on the 3 lines on the top left corner of the screen to bring the menu bar up.
2. Go to Your Places, then click on Maps.
3. At the bottom of the menu bar, click on Create Map.
4. Go to the last location of your drone on this map as shown on the Airdata map of the last flight.
5. On the top bar, there are several icons, click on Add Marker, and place a marker on this Google Map at the last location of your drone.
6. Close the map. Open Google Maps app on your phone.
7. Bottom bar of Google Maps app, click on SAVED in the middle, scroll down and select MAPS at the bottom right corner of the screen
8. Select the map you created on your PC, you should now see the marker on Google Maps that you placed to indicate your last drone location, plus your real-time location using your phone's GPS.

Use this to reach the exact location of your drone and retrieve it.

Good luck!
2021-4-7
Use props
evgenyd
lvl.2
Flight distance : 283304 ft
  • >>>
Latvia

Winkle Posted at 4-7 17:05
Here's what you can do.

1. Go to the Airdata UAV website (airdata.com), create a new account if you don't already have one.

Thank you for the info! Was searching for it for many hours, gps signal drifts a lot in the forest and is very inaccurate.

Registered at that website too!

Going to the forest again today, but it was raining at night with -1 celsius. Dunno what is left of it
2021-4-7
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

CTT Channel Posted at 4-7 09:44
Thanks for the tip, it's very interesting

You're very welcome.  Sure hope you find your DJI FPV.  
2021-4-8
Use props
Winkle
lvl.2
Canada

evgenyd Posted at 4-7 20:35
Thank you for the info! Was searching for it for many hours, gps signal drifts a lot in the forest and is very inaccurate.

Registered at that website too!

Yeah, I realized that, GPS not great in forest due to the tree canopy but it's better then nothing.

Also, the last GPS coordinates from the drone should be relatively accurate as it should've started its landing procedure above tree cover or at least higher off the ground.

Best of luck, hope you find it and that it's fine!
2021-4-8
Use props
fans94846587
lvl.1
Flight distance : 44459 ft
  • >>>
United States

Connect goggles to your phone and launch the DJI Fly app, go to Profile then Find My Drone. For me it displays the last known position of the drone, haven't tested it in an actual lost drone scenario but seems to work. You can also view the flight logs from there.
2021-4-8
Use props
Tune345
lvl.3
Flight distance : 446138 ft
United States

sorry to hear the loss.....this made me wonder any special spray u can paint on the top of the drone so when you see it from another drones camera, it lights up?
2021-4-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules