Live view problem
581 7 2021-4-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
HKmap
lvl.1

Hong Kong

Hi DJI users,
I brought my pocket 2 recently and plan for biking video series.
I mounted it on a monopole for top-shot, at the same time I mounted a phone (Pocophone F1) on handle bar (landscape position) for live view.
Here is the big problem:
https://youtu.be/7pfKyRPhFX4

What you see above is a Live View capture from my phone.
When bike is stop, everything looks normal but "flipping" while riding.
The setting of DJI pocket 2 is a 4K 50p pro mode, but it doesn't matter on 2.7K and 1080.
The bike I rode is a public bike share or bike-share, i.e. no shock absorber, and tires are solid rubber.
If anyone encounter the same problem?
Is that phone problem?
Zero vibration tolerant ?

I tried another test in different day: flip my phone 180 degree upsidedown, same landscape position, but the image then upsidedown too. Again, same problem occurs while riding, however it seems less flip-over than before.
2021-4-7
Use props
John Walker
Second Officer
United Kingdom

This isn't really what the Pocket is designed for.  That's more of an Action Camera job.  The mechanical gimbal is not designed for that amount of vibration but I believe other users have found ways round it.
2021-4-7
Use props
HKmap
lvl.1

Hong Kong

John Walker Posted at 4-7 08:34
This isn't really what the Pocket is designed for.  That's more of an Action Camera job.  The mechanical gimbal is not designed for that amount of vibration but I believe other users have found ways round it.
Thanks for reading and reply.
The pocket 2 is doing very fine along on my riding.
Let me verify the problem is my phone because it mounted on the handle bar.
I need the phone as a monitor to read any information on screen, i.e. the recording status, minutes left, sound bar, exposure graph, etc.. (Another problem is external charging, external power, I will open a topic for that later) The only moment I can see when stop at a traffic light.
I mentioned the pocket 2 is fine because this device never get hurt. Monopole is attached on a backpack straight up and I wear the backpack, so any shock should be absorbed into my body directly.
The way I am recording is try to imitate "drone flying" top-shot-effect, and I tried different methods and this backpack with monopole is the best I could made so far, in terms of my budget and practical.
https://youtu.be/NV9SIUa4hig
2021-4-7
Use props
Blellow
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1311056 ft
  • >>>
United States

Wow, that is cool.  
2021-4-7
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there HKmap. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. Can you please try using a different recommended mobile device for us to be able to isolate the said issue? Upon checking the said mobile device ( MPocophone F1) that your are trying to use on your DJI Pocket 2 and with the DJI Mimo application. I am sorry to say that the said mobile device is not recommended for the said camera and with the said application. We would suggest using a recommended mobile device for the DJI Pocket 2 and with the DJI Mimo application for compatibility and reliability purposes. There is a possibility that the Pocophone F1 will be able to work on the DJI Pocket 2 and with the DJI Mimo application. But however, since it's not yet optimized with the said action camera and with the said application we cannot guaranteed if it will work all the time and if it will be able to run all the functions of the DJI Mimo application while using it on the DJI Pocket 2. For reference I will post a link where in you can check the recommended mobile devices for the DJI Pocket 2 . Thank you.

https://www.dji.com/pocket-2/downloads
2021-4-7
Use props
Ranjan
Second Officer
India

Try setting auto rotate to off then check if that solves the problem else there is an android app to force selected apps in landscape mode.
2021-4-7
Use props
HKmap
lvl.1

Hong Kong

DJI Stephen Posted at 4-7 19:31
Hello there HKmap. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. Can you please try using a different recommended mobile device for us to be able to isolate the said issue? Upon checking the said mobile device ( MPocophone F1) that your are trying to use on your DJI Pocket 2 and with the DJI Mimo application. I am sorry to say that the said mobile device is not recommended for the said camera and with the said application. We would suggest using a recommended mobile device for the DJI Pocket 2 and with the DJI Mimo application for compatibility and reliability purposes. There is a possibility that the Pocophone F1 will be able to work on the DJI Pocket 2 and with the DJI Mimo application. But however, since it's not yet optimized with the said action camera and with the said application we cannot guaranteed if it will work all the time and if it will be able to run all the functions of the DJI Mimo application while using it on the DJI Pocket 2. For reference I will post a link where in you can check the recommended mobile devices for the DJI Pocket 2 . Thank you.

https://www.dji.com/pocket-2/downloads
Noted and thanks.
I have a Gopro 7 and works well on its own apps for live view (only up to 2.7K). I suspect DJI Mimo got program something wrong.
Yes, another way is to upgrade a high-end phone, unfortunately, no money left after purchase your DJI product .
I ask DJI simulate a bike test like what I did and see if any similar situation or not.
2021-4-7
Use props
HKmap
lvl.1

Hong Kong

Ranjan Posted at 4-7 19:50
Try setting auto rotate to off then check if that solves the problem else there is an android app to force selected apps in landscape mode.

Good suggestion, I will try it on my upcoming bike trip. Thanks.
2021-4-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules