Rocksteady EIS stops working mid flight
2273 5 2021-4-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Rahhhul
lvl.1
Flight distance : 328402 ft

United Kingdom

I’ve been flying the DJI FPV drone for about a month now and when I first got it, I had some issues with the Rocksteady EIS. This is a video I uploaded at the start of March showing the issue .

Someone on a forum told me to re-calibrate the IMU, compass and gimbal from the goggle menus which I did and for the last few weeks I have been flying without any issues. This last week though, I have noticed the same glitches to do with the EIS have been occurring. I re-calibrated the IMU, compass and gimbal but still, the issue has persisted. This video I’ve uploaded showcases the issue in two of my most recent flights though this has been happening throughout the week. I had re-calibrated prior to these flights and these flights were taken back to back after a battery change. Also, just to note, this issue only is seen when watching back the footage on my computer. The feed to the goggles whilst in flight looks normal with no issues. I am also recording directly to the drone and the firmware for the drone, goggles and RC have been updated to the latest versions.

Both times, the first few minutes of flight are smooth and rocksteady works. However, during flight 1, rocksteady seems to stop working around the 1:00 mark. At 2:42 is where it gets really bad. For flight 2 which starts at 3:14, around 4:36 is where the EIS stops working. This makes the footage completely unusable as it’s very wobbly and there are constant split-second zoom-ins. As this is an issue that I’ve experienced in the past, I’m wondering if it is my drone that is faulty. If not, does anyone know anything I could do to fix this issue?

2021-4-8
Use props
FlyingSnoopy
lvl.4

Greece

To be honest it doesn't look like EIS error to me. Repeat the process with a high quality SD card. Also try to fly with EIS turned off. If you get this with EIS off, then its either SD card error or Camera Error. You could also try to change the video record format and codec
2021-4-8
Use props
Rahhhul
lvl.1
Flight distance : 328402 ft

United Kingdom

FlyingSnoopy Posted at 4-8 06:21
To be honest it doesn't look like EIS error to me. Repeat the process with a high quality SD card. Also try to fly with EIS turned off. If you get this with EIS off, then its either SD card error or Camera Error. You could also try to change the video record format and codec

The card I'm using is the SanDisk Extreme microSD Card 128GB which I bought with the drone from DJI. I've flown without EIS and the footage is wobbly but there aren't the split-second zoom-ins. I'll give the different codec a go though. I've been using H.265 only so far.
Prior to this last week and the first week that I got the drone, my flights have been without any video issues.
2021-4-8
Use props
Whoreable
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1775299 ft
United States

Go to camera>reset all
2021-4-8
Use props
tmaxttx
lvl.1
Saudi Arabia

I have the same problem, the (EIS) works on the first flight of the first five minutes exactly when the first battery is used and then stops after using the other batteries and the recording is shaky and cannot be used
2021-8-15
Use props
djiuser_ULOj7ZoSHtHF
lvl.2
Flight distance : 6135892 ft
Thailand

Codec doesn't matter, 4K will be h265 anyway.
You can try new SD card and new propellers just in case, but probably you'll have to send it to DJI.
Please don't harass birds and if you do don't post it publicly, that's not good for our hobby.
2021-8-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules