RS2 VERY bad built quality
3761 5 2021-4-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
pimmow
lvl.2
Netherlands

hi ive been using the rs2 for a while now; and am not happy at all with the build quality of the device. To start with; the 12 mm flimsy rods that come twith the focus motor are very amateuristic.
when connected to the camera plate; the focus motor pushes away the rod and motor from the camera; because the construction is way too light. when calibrating; the motor will move over the teeth when the lens is at its end. Also it is not possible to slide the camera back and forth, because the position of the tightening screw underneath the rod support is placed very unhandy. and since 12mm is a not professional size, it is not possible to connect the rod with focus motor to the hot shoe of the camera;which would be a much better option. why not use regular rods. The tightening screw on the focus motor itself already started slipping, you really have to tighten it very much in order to not let it turn over the rod. this will not last very long, and is slipping more every time i use it
The usb cables that come with the device; are too short (!?!) to use with a panasonic S1H. The start/stop function works sometimes, but most of the times it just does not.
also, both of the camera screws that come with the cameraplate, just fell apart. they have this small tool on it so you can tighten it by hand. Also, USELESS. they just fell apart, so you cant use them anymore, also not without that 'handy' part
Also, when the original DJI side handles are connected to the gimbal, the battery security connection screw cannot be loosened easily because it hits the horizontal bar.
It was just made as if somebody jus put some parts together and did not really think of it. Not to mention the lack of proper 12v out.
the 'hot shoe' that is on the external grip i bought to focus and put my monitor on,(also original DJI) has no security screw or something that prevents your monitor to slide of of it. this happened already two times.

So next time i wont buy DJI. they are obviously not germans, thats for sure...

Pim
2021-4-8
Use props
fans5e0e4445
lvl.2
  • >>>
Australia

And there’s me thinking I might return my RSC2 and upgrade to the RS2..
2021-4-12
Use props
pimmow
lvl.2
Netherlands

Oh Yeah and i forgot that the rubber from The external handle i bought is getting loose after 4 months of use. Cheap cheap cheap
2021-4-12
Use props
patlealfilms
lvl.1

United States

Yea, I'm having a major issue with the focus motor screw not getting tight enough to clamp down without moving back and forth on the rod once the motors start working on the camera threads... it's as if the circle area where the rod is to fit is too "loose" otherwise the motor would'nt move back when fully tightened... I might have got a bad build... versus a tight and snug fit the way it should be so that the dji focus motor wont move easy whichever way when it's fully tightened... major buzz kill.  Calling DJI tomm to discuss getting a motor replacement
2021-8-22
Use props
Egami
lvl.2

Sudan

patlealfilms Posted at 2021-8-22 22:30
Yea, I'm having a major issue with the focus motor screw not getting tight enough to clamp down without moving back and forth on the rod once the motors start working on the camera threads... it's as if the circle area where the rod is to fit is too "loose" otherwise the motor would'nt move back when fully tightened... I might have got a bad build... versus a tight and snug fit the way it should be so that the dji focus motor wont move easy whichever way when it's fully tightened... major buzz kill.  Calling DJI tomm to discuss getting a motor replacement

i have a similar issue , the clamp of  focus motor can not be tighten enough on the rod so when i start to use the focus wheel on the gimbal the focus gear detaches from the lens, have you found a solution ?
2022-1-22
Use props
Indio
Second Officer
Flight distance : 303373 ft
  • >>>
Austria

so there's a lot I can't understand.
the 12mm rod, however, I had already criticized when the part came out.

for this I also have a solution that works, because on a cold shoe mount I can not imagine that this works without wobbling.
and by using the lens strap there is also no slipping and loosening of the tooth connection.

how should the release lever  stick out somewhere?

the camera functions work with my blackmagic cameras without any problems and always.
even the cable, although the blackmagic are the widest and would not be balanced without offset, still sags slightly.

but as mentioned above, contact the service department.

2022-1-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules