[Feature Request] Standby/Safe mode
317 1 2021-4-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_lk8PCpxFn2DS
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1667 ft
United States

So I'm an unfortunate casualty of a lost drone (a few weeks ago) and just saw another post today with basically the same reason i couldn't recover it, where the drone did a forced landing due to low battery.*

I lost my drone in some thick trees and wasn't able to find my drone due to GPS drifting when using the find my drone tools. Anyways Idk how drained a battery is when this happens but rather than turning off if the drone can it go into some kind of low power mode, where the drone can do the following

• Send out a weak radio signal that goggles could use as a beacon to do some kind of Hot or cold search or directional compass.
  • beeping every 5 - 10 mins
  • Led flashing

Maybe convert `Find my drone` in the goggle into a menu of tools to help me track down a drone, such as trigger my drone to beep and flash, view the last 30 secs, etc.
honestly I rather damage my $150 battery, over draining it so i can find my drone than lose a $750 drone.

*My drone was actually a flyaway due to an IMU malfunction so was lucky to get a warranty replacement (not to be mistaken with Care refresh, flyaway is not covered for the FPV Drone).

2021-4-8
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there. Good day and thank you for posting these information here at DJI Forum. I will forward these information and this thread to the designated DJI department for further attention. All significant suggestions or requests will be implemented after the evaluation of the DJI Engineers. For the latest DJI FPV and DJI updates please stay tuned to our DJI official website at www.dji.com. Thank you.
2021-4-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules