908 6 2021-4-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
El_Toro_Supreme
New
Flight distance : 152064 ft
United States

There has to be a way to do this.
I've tried searching many different ways but I don't think I'm stumbling on the right keywords.
I'm building a new home and I want to get an aerial shot each week to document the progress.  I'll probably offer this as a service to my customers too.
I imagine there's a setting where I can go up like 40' and take the shot. Then the UAV remembers the altitude, direction and gimbal angle and replicate it with the touch of a button each time.  
This has to exist. Where is it?
2021-4-10
Use props
RobZilla
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1057844 ft
  • >>>
United States

Timelapse photos would be ideal, but nothing built-in to DJI Fly app to remember same GPS coordinates, camera angle, etc.  Separate app do this that would be ideal is DroneLink.

2021-4-10
Use props
El_Toro_Supreme
New
Flight distance : 152064 ft
United States

RobZilla Posted at 4-10 10:10
Timelapse photos would be ideal, but nothing built-in to DJI Fly app to remember same GPS coordinates, camera angle, etc.  Separate app do this that would be ideal is DroneLink.

Thanks @RobZilla!  I'll check it out
2021-4-10
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

This has been tried before using Litchi, but I have never seen a successful time lapse of many days that actually worked.
2021-4-10
Use props
GaryDoug
First Officer
Flight distance : 1264639 ft
  • >>>
United States

I would take the first photo and print it. Then try to visually duplicate the shot frame for subsequent photos. Specific and very visible landmarks would help.
2021-4-10
Use props
SuperWinnieperruna
lvl.4
Flight distance : 542083 ft
Spain

Take some reference like a specific tree, move to your prefered coordinates, take note of them, shot the picture and remake same process the next week
2021-4-10
Use props
Ian in London
First Officer
Flight distance : 8330187 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

You could use hyperlapse to run the same programmed flight over weeks and making a video, where you could also make the flight very short and take the photo at the end of the flight if you don't set the hyperlapse to RTH at the end of the mission.  That way it will be in the same position each time.
Your other alternative would simply be iiterally standing on the same spot, rising up vertically to the same height then remembering a particular landmark at the edge of your screen and taking the photos over time that way....
Cheers
Ian

2021-4-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules