Mavic Air 2 battery won't turn off after firmware update
4932 3 2021-4-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
LordErec
lvl.1
United States

I just did a firmware update to the latest version after not having used the drone for several months during the winter so it was probably more than version behind, and the RC firmware was also updated. The update looked like it worked fine (got the update success notification) and the remote reconnected to the aircraft successfully and everything looked good with the camera feed and everything, so I went to shut down the drone.

Upon pushing the battery button to shut it off, it played a different sound than normal and the battery was flashing each of the 4 LEDs in sequence and the drone never shut off (until I finally pulled the battery). The drone disconnected from the remote when I tried to shut it down, and I wasn't able to reconnect to it to see what state it might be in. After pulling the battery and starting it up again everything worked fine, and it was able to shut down normally.

Was there a battery firmware update in a recent update that could cause this issue, or is this some kind of firmware flash protection mode that prevent battery shutoff, and DJI forgot to put the command to remove that lock into the firmware update script?

Anyways, glad everything still works, but it was more than a bit concerning and was wondering if anyone else ran into this issue.

2021-4-10
Use props
JimDandy
lvl.4
Flight distance : 144649 ft
United States

Yes I have. Only if you don't power it down correctly. Do this: push the button once quickly and then release. Push the button a second time immediately after the first push and hold for a few seconds. I had the same problem you described when I would push once, wait a bit too long and push again and hold for longer than a few seconds. The battery would beep and flash as you described and not power down. So Speed up your button pushing and it should be fine. Let us know.
2021-4-10
Use props
Alex Ch
lvl.1

United States

I have same problem light is of but power not
2021-9-29
Use props
dradams
lvl.1

United States

Same problem. Solution worked. Thanks!