4919 7 2021-4-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
doglaboi
lvl.4
Flight distance : 766234 ft

Suriname

Hello guys,

Not sure if this has been covered but a few days ago when I was able to fly my Mini, I noticed it was wandering a bit off course. I pointed the gimbal at an object 1000m away and while flying it was going slightly off center. Does this mean the gimbal needs calibration or the drone itself is kinda going off center so to speak.
(I'll be uploading a video onto Youtube and put the link here)
2021-4-11
Use props
RedSky119
lvl.4
Canada

Doing a Compass and IMU calibration can sometimes fix the issue. IMU calibration should be done on a level surface. Was wondering if maybe the wind could also cause it to do that.
2021-4-11
Use props
Tuxtard
Second Officer
Flight distance : 9975610 ft
Serbia

This problem is usually related to camera yaw offset. Go to manual camera calibration settings and change its yaw until you get it to fly straight. If that doesn't help you can try controller calibration.
2021-4-11
Use props
doglaboi
lvl.4

Suriname

Looking at this clip the center of the frame is definitely off (not pointed at the small island in the middle of the river) but the center of my view finder was.....

Here's a screenshot of the manual gimbal calibration. The cross is what I'm following, but looking at the image you can also see a white line right at the "minus" signs which I assume is the center of the image. If it is the case then is my gimbal not aligned with the aircraft? I never crashed or anything, received it new.

2021-4-11
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there doglaboi. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. You may also try to calibrate the remote controller of your DJI Mavic Mini for us to be able to see if the issue will still persist. Thank you.
2021-4-11
Use props
Tuxtard
Second Officer
Flight distance : 9975610 ft
Serbia

doglaboi Posted at 4-11 14:31
Looking at this clip the center of the frame is definitely off (not pointed at the small island in the middle of the river) but the center of my view finder was.....

Here's a good video about this issue

2021-4-11
Use props
RePrEsEnT
lvl.4
Flight distance : 11984951 ft
Slovenia

I had the same issue. Just calibrate compass, IMU and RC. It has nothing to do with gimbal.
2021-4-12
Use props
doglaboi
lvl.4

Suriname

Calibrated gimbal, IMU. Compass. Still the same. Will calibrate controller next. If that doesn't help I'll try adjusting yaw. But is it normal to have a vertical line off-centered like in attached picture?

2021-4-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules