2021-4-12
Use props
sbonev
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3665279 ft
Switzerland

MM Pilot Posted at 4-12 03:30
very cool, how you did that?

Graded 26 raw files from the pano mode in photoshop. Stitching in ptgui, some photoshop content aware fill for the sky and thats it, then resizing to fit the limitations of skypixel site
2021-4-12
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there sbonev. Good day and thank you for posting this wonderful sphere you have created. Great work and thank you for your support. .
2021-4-12
Use props
videoeditman
Second Officer
Flight distance : 6713271 ft
United States

Sbonev, very nice sphere. Thanks for sharing!
2021-4-12
Use props
RobZilla
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1057844 ft
  • >>>
United States

Great shot of the castle and area!
2021-4-12
Use props
MM Pilot
Second Officer
Flight distance : 295161 ft
Germany

sbonev Posted at 4-12 03:49
Graded 26 raw files from the pano mode in photoshop. Stitching in ptgui, some photoshop content aware fill for the sky and thats it, then resizing to fit the limitations of skypixel site

ah ok cool thank you very much
2021-4-12
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Awesome sphere.
2021-4-12
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Lovely sphere!
2021-4-12
Use props
Sweefth.
lvl.2
Flight distance : 33586 ft
France

sbonev Posted at 4-12 03:49

Nice job ! I did it many times with many software (Microsoft ICE, Lightroom, Photoshop...) and many times, the ground is sketchy

Do you know how to fix this ?
2021-4-13
Use props
sbonev
Second Officer
Switzerland

Sweefth. Posted at 4-13 00:51
Nice job ! I did it many times with many software (Microsoft ICE, Lightroom, Photoshop...) and many times, the ground is sketchy

Do you know how to fix this ?

usually there are issues with water, as stitching programs cannot discern pattern. if you have it on the ground either the exposure is an issue or the stitching software is not good. or perhaps you lack 1 or 2 photos, not sure. usually that issue from your photo i get on the sky, and i fix it in photoshop with content aware fill.
2021-4-13
Use props
Sweefth.
lvl.2
France

Thx for answer. Indeed, I always have problem with water, but sometimes, there is no water and the problem is still there..
2021-4-13
Use props
ranrick
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 8743645 ft
  • >>>
Philippines

Once again, beautiful sphere!
2021-4-13
Use props
sbonev
Second Officer
Switzerland

Sweefth. Posted at 4-13 01:12
Thx for answer. Indeed, I always have problem with water, but sometimes, there is no water and the problem is still there..

if you are using the photos from the 360 pano mode of the mini 2, there is no way the ground to appear like that, most probably this is an issue of the stitching software and you should try a different one. have never had it on the ground level even with water. mostly happens in the air due to lack of enough images to stitch there.
2021-4-13
Use props
peiBear
lvl.2
Flight distance : 200906 ft
United States

Wow! This is amazing!
2021-4-13
Use props
Sweefth.
lvl.2
France

sbonev Posted at 4-13 08:47
if you are using the photos from the 360 pano mode of the mini 2, there is no way the ground to appear like that, most probably this is an issue of the stitching software and you should try a different one. have never had it on the ground level even with water. mostly happens in the air due to lack of enough images to stitch there.

What software do you use when pano is exported to get a sphere ? Maybe my problem is from there ?
2021-4-15
Use props
sbonev
Second Officer
Switzerland

Sweefth. Posted at 4-15 04:13
What software do you use when pano is exported to get a sphere ? Maybe my problem is from there ?

i use ptgui to stitch and photoshop for the sky fix
2021-4-15
Use props
Sweefth.
lvl.2
France

Ok.. maybe i should try PTgui

Because i tried with Lightroom again with this process : Select 26 images and merge to a panorama

Select Spherical (There is border problem)

So i fix this with this option (I tried without this option and same problem)

Fill the missing content in PS to get a 2:1 ratio image

Then go on a 360° software to see my image (Street View for this exemple). And here is the problem

Maybe i am doing wrong ?
2021-4-16
Use props
Sweefth.
lvl.2
France

I tried with PTGui and same problem.. Definitely can't do anything with my DNG files

2021-4-16
Use props
sbonev
Second Officer
Switzerland

Sweefth. Posted at 4-16 00:55
I tried with PTGui and same problem.. Definitely can't do anything with my DNG files

[view_image]

then the problem is with the photos. perhaps the pattern is too similar to stitch them correctly. try with another set of photos. and i always prefer to stitch the jpgs, the dngs in ptgui introduce some hazing in the horizon and the results were not to my liking, apart from that afterwards the tiff file gets too big for grading comfortably. if you have the jpgs uploaded somewhere i can give it a try to see if the ground will be the same in my edit. you can fix it though in photoshop with content aware or healing brush.
2021-4-16
Use props
Sweefth.
lvl.2
France

Thx for your helps, really ! I'll send you images in DM !

Edit : I tried with JPG and there is less problem... Can't figure out why DNG Pano has trouble
2021-4-16
Use props
sbonev
Second Officer
Switzerland

Sweefth. Posted at 4-16 02:12
Thx for your helps, really ! I'll send you images in DM !

Edit : I tried with JPG and there is less problem... Can't figure out why DNG Pano has trouble

on a glance there is no issue with the photos. it looks perfect in 3d in photoshop, so definitely something in your process or settings. photos are fine, dngs should render same result. the issues there are more on horizon level. so it shouldn't be any difference if jpgs or dngs used for pano creation.

2021-4-16
Use props
Sweefth.
lvl.2
France

sbonev Posted at 4-16 03:07
on a glance there is no issue with the photos. it looks perfect in 3d in photoshop, so definitely something in your process or settings. photos are fine, dngs should render same result. the issues there are more on horizon level. so it shouldn't be any difference if jpgs or dngs used for pano creation.

[view_image]

Thx for the test

Did you try with DNG ? JPG is doing well on PTGui (Not DNG) from my test, and in Lightroom both are bad
2021-4-16
Use props
sbonev
Second Officer
Switzerland

Sweefth. Posted at 4-16 03:26
Thx for the test

Did you try with DNG ? JPG is doing well on PTGui (Not DNG) from my test, and in Lightroom both are bad

no, but the result will be the same. lightroom is tricky. haven't been impressed by the results in neither lightroom nor photoshop, that's why i prefer ptgui.
2021-4-16
Use props
Sweefth.
lvl.2
France

Ok, Thank you for your help !

Yes, i tried everything in Lightroom (JPG & DNG) and in Photoshop (DNG & JPG) and always the same problem on the ground.

The only thing that is working, is PTGui with JPG images. Still have small bug sometimes, really don't know why. DNG in PTGui has the same problem in Photoshop and Lightroom...

I will try many settings to understand why

2021-4-16
Use props
sbonev
Second Officer
Switzerland

Sweefth. Posted at 4-16 04:18
Ok, Thank you for your help !

Yes, i tried everything in Lightroom (JPG & DNG) and in Photoshop (DNG & JPG) and always the same problem on the ground.

here is from the dngs. as predicted exactly the same. no settings changed, i used the default on ptgui - imported, aligned and exported. not sure why you get that result, where do you check it - in the  exported file or directly in the program?

2021-4-16
Use props
Sweefth.
lvl.2
France

sbonev Posted at 4-16 07:07
here is from the dngs. as predicted exactly the same. no settings changed, i used the default on ptgui - imported, aligned and exported. not sure why you get that result, where do you check it - in the  exported file or directly in the program?

I check in Photoshop, Skypixel and Street View

On your image, is there a bug here ? It's look like !

2021-4-16
Use props
sbonev
Second Officer
Switzerland

Sweefth. Posted at 4-16 07:43
I check in Photoshop, Skypixel and Street View

On your image, is there a bug here ? It's look like !

no, check your photos, this is exactly as it is in the shot pointing down the camera. and those screenshots are good only to be seen like that, pixel peeping is no good, as the quality is bad enough, you have to do it with the open panorama and i am telling you the ground is coming out just fine. if you use ptgui should be fine. in photoshop and lightroom the issue is they create panoramas and don't take into account the 360 view..
2021-4-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules