Akaso, GoPro or Osmo? Help!
816 6 2021-4-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
David.Battle
lvl.2
United States

Hi Team, I presently have an Akaso V50 (not one of the newer ones like the Elite or Pro) and it works OK but...well...not great.   I have been looking at reviews and just cannot decide what to get.   The Osmo Action, though dated, seems to be a great buy for the money at $200.  Am I right?  Certainly it's a huge upgrade over the Akaso, correct?  Thoughts?  Also, will they come out with the Osmo Action 2 the day after I buy it? ;p   Yes, of course.  LOL.
2021-4-14
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

chances you take in Life.  Rock Steady no questions asked.
2021-4-14
Use props
David.Battle
lvl.2
United States

Fishycomics Posted at 4-14 05:54
chances you take in Life.  Rock Steady no questions asked.

I ordered it and got the charging pack with 2 extra batteries.  Got the accessory kit with 50 pieces for $16 on Amazon with a code.  I should be GTG!
2021-4-14
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there David.Battle. Good day and thank you for these information you have given. I hope that our fellow DJI members can give out there valued suggestions with regards to this matter. In addition I will post link where in you can find the specifications and frequently asked questions for the DJI Osmo Action. Thank you.

https://www.dji.com/osmo-action?site=brandsite&from=nav
2021-4-14
Use props
johansenfoto
First Officer
Flight distance : 1173379 ft
  • >>>
Norway

Don't buy Gopro, there are so much trouble with them for the costs.
Osmo Action is really cheap and with the really good stabilization Rocksteady, you can't beat that for the price.

2021-4-14
Use props
tcoake
New

United States

David.Battle Posted at 4-14 06:52
I ordered it and got the charging pack with 2 extra batteries.  Got the accessory kit with 50 pieces for $16 on Amazon with a code.  I should be GTG!

I ordered the exact same thing you did. Got it in, charged the batteries, powered it up, went through some tutorials with registration. Powered it off to put the memory card in. It never powered back on. Tried everything I could find on the net which was pretty much nothing. Dji doesn’t provide ANY soft/hard reset if the screen isn’t working or lights blinking. I was really bummed on this one because at $200 I was going to buy several. Now, I’m just sending it back for return, not replacement, because in my troubleshooting endeavor I have realized that if you ever have so much as a glitch with this thing that you will be forced to send it to dji for service as they provide absolutely no solutions whatsoever. I have had good luck with their drones so far, but this product is no good. Software, or sequence of timed button presses, something should be enacted other than “Sorry for the inconvenience, .... send it in” . Oh, also, they replace it if its in the first 14 days!!! Seriously?! I saw this (even though mine broke in the first 5 mins) decided to go and buy the GoPro 9.

DJI — Customers like to have options, and resulting to send it back for service should ALWAYS be the last resort, not your first and last solution. The 14 day issue tells me/everyone else that you know you have issues and are unwilling to fix them unless its at the customers’ expense.
2021-4-17
Use props
David.Battle
lvl.2
United States

tcoake Posted at 4-17 16:26
I ordered the exact same thing you did. Got it in, charged the batteries, powered it up, went through some tutorials with registration. Powered it off to put the memory card in. It never powered back on. Tried everything I could find on the net which was pretty much nothing. Dji doesn’t provide ANY soft/hard reset if the screen isn’t working or lights blinking. I was really bummed on this one because at $200 I was going to buy several. Now, I’m just sending it back for return, not replacement, because in my troubleshooting endeavor I have realized that if you ever have so much as a glitch with this thing that you will be forced to send it to dji for service as they provide absolutely no solutions whatsoever. I have had good luck with their drones so far, but this product is no good. Software, or sequence of timed button presses, something should be enacted other than “Sorry for the inconvenience, .... send it in” . Oh, also, they replace it if its in the first 14 days!!! Seriously?! I saw this (even though mine broke in the first 5 mins) decided to go and buy the GoPro 9.

DJI — Customers like to have options, and resulting to send it back for service should ALWAYS be the last resort, not your first and last solution. The 14 day issue tells me/everyone else that you know you have issues and are unwilling to fix them unless its at the customers’ expense.

Man, that sucks.  I am glad this did not happen with me.  IN fact, y experience was the opposite.  I found the OSMO Action to be a HUGE upgrade over my Akaso V50 I had been using and it was pleasantly surprised at how well it worked.   I guess with anything you might have gotten a bad apple and that really sucks, especially considering how awesome I have found the unit to be so.  I already recorded and rendered my unboxing video.  Gonna put it up tomorrow morning.  I have been putting together the comparison videos and will follow with those this week.  But so far I am really happy with it.    For $200....definitely the best bang for your buck on an action camera.
2021-4-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules