DJI Googles - Corrective lenses
546 4 2021-4-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
big_fudge
lvl.1
Germany

Hello,
I have a question regarding the corrective lenses for the DJI Google 2. Currently they are available in 2, 4, 6 and 8 diopter strengths.

I currently wear glasses with just over 2 diopters. Since my eyes have gotten a little worse lately, I could also imagine that I now also need up to 2.5 to 3 diopters.

Unfortunately, I don't have any experience with lenses, so I don't know exactly what strength to buy. Rather the lenses with 2 diopters or should I rather buy the ones with 4 diopters. Or are the ones with 4 diopters much too strong for me?

Does anyone here have experience?

2021-4-14
Use props
Depp
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1868796 ft
  • >>>
Germany

I suggest getting the lesser lenses. I wear glasses (stronger ones for outside and watching the telly and less ones in the house). I have absolutely no problem seeing the inside of the goggles completely sharp with the lesser glasses. If you get stronger lenses you'll make your eyes get worse quickly.
2021-4-15
Use props
big_fudge
lvl.1
Germany

Depp Posted at 4-15 04:23
I suggest getting the lesser lenses. I wear glasses (stronger ones for outside and watching the telly and less ones in the house). I have absolutely no problem seeing the inside of the goggles completely sharp with the lesser glasses. If you get stronger lenses you'll make your eyes get worse quickly.

Hey, thanks so much for your feedback!  Then I will probably get the weaker lenses.

Are there others with similar experiences?
2021-4-15
Use props
Visual Air
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 2710115 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Just wish DJI actually had stock on these lenses.
2021-4-15
Use props
Buzzyone
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4647913 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

big_fudge Posted at 4-15 05:02
Hey, thanks so much for your feedback!  Then I will probably get the weaker lenses.

Are there others with similar experiences?
When I had the RE goggles I was told to go up one on what your prescription was, these were + values, the V2 goggles seem to have corrective lenses for myopia but not for longsightedness.

I resolved the issue by getting two sets one as my prescription and + for the other set. For these goggles there's no option for me :-(

It also seem the lenses are not available in some regions, there was a guy making them to match your prescription, sadly I don't have his details, he was in Germany I think.

https://rho-lens.com/tador/
2021-4-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules