2359 37 2021-4-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Henrik Olsen
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 2042385 ft
  • >>>
Denmark

Something is wrong with my DJI Air 2S as I see props showing in the frame.

In this video, I'm investigating this bug, to see where and when it happens, and if it can possibly be fixed.

Have you had similar issues? Kinda wonder what their QA department is doing?

2021-4-16
Use props
Suren
Captain
Flight distance : 13425892 ft
  • >>>
New Zealand

Have you tried a gimbal calibration? Not sure if it will help but worth a try.
2021-4-17
Use props
Henrik Olsen
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Denmark

Suren Posted at 4-17 01:00
Have you tried a gimbal calibration? Not sure if it will help but worth a try.

yes, it was the same before and after.. the strange part is this happens mostly in mastershots that is 1080p
2021-4-17
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Starting your drone from a hunk of metal is a real no no, flying from you car didn’t look like you had any VLOS . Everything about this flying is wrong and not within any guidelines. Yes you knew where your drone was but hadn’t clue if anything else was in the air. The props shot was most likely mastershot in fpv mode. RTFM...
2021-4-17
Use props
vg1
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1640367 ft
Poland

Thanks Henrik for the video. Can you check what the longest exposure time can be set manually for photos?
2021-4-17
Use props
DGCA3
lvl.4
Flight distance : 465062 ft
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 4-17 01:30
Starting your drone from a hunk of metal is a real no no, flying from you car didn’t look like you had any VLOS . Everything about this flying is wrong and not within any guidelines. Yes you knew where your drone was but hadn’t clue if anything else was in the air. The props shot was most likely mastershot in fpv mode. RTFM...

I used to wonder why people flew their drone while sitting in their car. And then I figured it out. It's so they can see the screen without any glare/reflection from the sky. So now I'm in the car at tine too. But you're right about metal and compass issues and all of that.
2021-4-17
Use props
Henrik Olsen
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Denmark

vg1 Posted at 4-17 03:35
Thanks Henrik for the video. Can you check what the longest exposure time can be set manually for photos?

I will check and get back to you
2021-4-17
Use props
Henrik Olsen
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Denmark

DGCA3 Posted at 4-17 04:31
I used to wonder why people flew their drone while sitting in their car. And then I figured it out. It's so they can see the screen without any glare/reflection from the sky. So now I'm in the car at tine too. But you're right about metal and compass issues and all of that.

It’s very convient when I make videos on the road, and this is rarely an issue with the distances I fly. One thing is certain this does not make props appear in the shots so not really related to the topic of the video
2021-4-17
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

DGCA3 Posted at 4-17 04:31

You know I read lots of stuff on this site regarding people not wanting to buy this drone because it doesn’t carry a C mark “Yet” but its becoming acceptable to fly when sitting in a car with little or no possible way of having VLOS, particularly those giving out this information on their you tube channels. I know and I’m not really concerned what others do or how or where the fly, but broadcasting breaking the rules in one video and then in other videos giving advice on flying within the rules is nothing short of hypocrisy. He’s fond of posting his videos here where others come to learn and always looking for the clicks, so if he gets criticized and doesn’t like it, then dont post.
2021-4-17
Use props
Oracle Miata
First Officer
Flight distance : 3759829 ft
  • >>>
United States

I haven’t had this issue... interesting.
2021-4-17
Use props
FB: GeoDrone4K
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2676129 ft
  • >>>
Romania

Have seen it at another youtuber...also props were in picture...what the hell...?
2021-4-17
Use props
TP-FPV
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1146821 ft
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 4-17 05:23
You know I read lots of stuff on this site regarding people not wanting to buy this drone because it doesn’t carry a C mark “Yet” but its becoming acceptable to fly when sitting in a car with little or no possible way of having VLOS, particularly those giving out this information on their you tube channels. I know and I’m not really concerned what others do or how or where the fly, but broadcasting breaking the rules in one video and then in other videos giving advice on flying within the rules is nothing short of hypocrisy. He’s fond of posting his videos here where others come to learn and always looking for the clicks, so if he gets criticized and doesn’t like it, then dont post.

Sometimes it's just best to mind your own! You have no idea if it was BVLOS. I certainly can't tell from the video. We don't need the "drone police" on here. I believe this forum I for "Helping one another"!
I would say move on to a different topic, perhaps on a different forum!
2021-4-17
Use props
Henrik Olsen
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Denmark

TP-FPV Posted at 4-17 07:27
Sometimes it's just best to mind your own! You have no idea if it was BVLOS. I certainly can't tell from the video. We don't need the "drone police" on here. I believe this forum I for "Helping one another"!
I would say move on to a different topic, perhaps on a different forum!

Well said :-) drone police  need to read up what vlos actually means before educating others :-)
2021-4-17
Use props
Henrik Olsen
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Denmark

Oracle Miata Posted at 4-17 05:40
I haven’t had this issue... interesting.

Have you tried to do master shots?
2021-4-17
Use props
Henrik Olsen
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Denmark

vg1 Posted at 4-17 03:35

8 seconds is the max
2021-4-17
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

TP-FPV Posted at 4-17 07:27
Sometimes it's just best to mind your own! You have no idea if it was BVLOS. I certainly can't tell from the video. We don't need the "drone police" on here. I believe this forum I for "Helping one another"!
I would say move on to a different topic, perhaps on a different forum!

Well this is an open forum, what are you the forum police ? I never said anything was BVLOS you need to look up what that is as well as your ignorant friend, who comes here for little else except clicks on his channel, indeed he has been known to mention the rules plenty of times himself.

One thing is for sure your friend was flying his drone through his remote and device not VLOS , maybe he will come back and give us the benefit of his knowledge on VLOS and BVLOS, but one thing is clear he was not flying VLOS and Stevie wonder would have spotted that.
2021-4-17
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Henrik Olsen Posted at 4-17 08:03
Well said :-) drone police  need to read up what vlos actually means before educating others :-)

I know exactly what VLOS is and I know where the rule apply’ s , if you want to post your videos for clicks on the forum except the comments you get , if they’re wrong then let us know how you managed to be flying Your drone VLOS in that video, I for one would be very interested to know how you manage this .
2021-4-17
Use props
vg1
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1640367 ft
Poland

Thanks for checking . In that case, incorrect information is on the manufacturer's website.

I am waiting for your next movies, you are doing them great. Greetings.
2021-4-17
Use props
Henrik Olsen
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Denmark

vg1 Posted at 4-17 10:36
Thanks for checking . In that case, incorrect information is on the manufacturer's website.

I am waiting for your next movies, you are doing them great. Greetings.

You are welcome I have a few more In the pipeline :-)
2021-4-17
Use props
TP-FPV
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1146821 ft
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 4-17 08:26
I know exactly what VLOS is and I know where the rule apply’ s , if you want to post your videos for clicks on the forum except the comments you get , if they’re wrong then let us know how you managed to be flying Your drone VLOS in that video, I for one would be very interested to know how you manage this .

You have absolutely NO idea what you are talking about!!!
YouTuber or not you weren’t there! You have no idea.
Are you sure there wasn’t a spotter off camera?
The wide open farm field looks pretty nice for his test and WHO knows a spotter may have been OFF camera.
Take your DRONE policing to a different thread, we don’t need your kind here.
2021-4-17
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

TP-FPV Posted at 4-17 11:11

Don’t be so much of an ignorant idiot, watch the video, as I said Stevie Wonder would figure it out. As someone who works commercially in this business I come across idiots like you and him who think they can do what they want and whatever comes down on the rest of us we should accept. Go troll someone else, this thread is not here to help anyone except the OP and clicks for his Chanel.
So quit being an idiot you’re not the forum police and as it goes your own contribution around here is little to shout about. Crawl back into the hole you crawled out of....
2021-4-17
Use props
Henrik Olsen
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Denmark

TP-FPV Posted at 4-17 11:11

It’s so funny I always run into people like this, and they keep going on like Duracell rabbits to get the last word, but not realizing their engagement help push the original post :-)

I don’t spend time on this and enjoy our great hobby instead :-)

2021-4-17
Use props
DGCA3
lvl.4
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 4-17 05:23
You know I read lots of stuff on this site regarding people not wanting to buy this drone because it doesn’t carry a C mark “Yet” but its becoming acceptable to fly when sitting in a car with little or no possible way of having VLOS, particularly those giving out this information on their you tube channels. I know and I’m not really concerned what others do or how or where the fly, but broadcasting breaking the rules in one video and then in other videos giving advice on flying within the rules is nothing short of hypocrisy. He’s fond of posting his videos here where others come to learn and always looking for the clicks, so if he gets criticized and doesn’t like it, then dont post.

I challenge you and anyone else to 'see' their drone once it's beyond just a few hundred feet. We can't. They're are tiny drones and they disappear well before their range capability. So in actuality, the drone itself becomes our eyes to where it's going after we can no longer see it. And not having glare on our screen by being either in a car, or under something blocking the sky, is a BETTER solution to see what the drone sees even clearer. Standing out there in the harsh sun isn't solving anything.
2021-4-17
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

DGCA3 Posted at 4-17 12:06
I challenge you and anyone else to 'see' their drone once it's beyond just a few hundred feet. We can't. They're are tiny drones and they disappear well before their range capability. So in actuality, the drone itself becomes our eyes to where it's going after we can no longer see it. And not having glare on our screen by being either in a car, or under something blocking the sky, is a BETTER solution to see what the drone sees even clearer. Standing out there in the harsh sun isn't solving anything.

Flying drones is not a challenge. In my country VLOS is a rule and reads like a rule and its expected to be treated the way it reads. Its been 5 years since i completed my commercial license and even then with phantom 3 your practical insisted you kept your drone in Vision line of sight , not line of sight but vision line of sight. And you are wrong you can keep your drone in VLOS, and this is not to be confused with being able to keep it in vision line of sight as far as the rules will allow you go.

If you cannot see it then it’s likely to far away from you, you have full control of this. And in most countries thats the rule, its really that simple with absolutely no exceptions and only aids allowed are prescription glasses. “ Unless you have specific Operations Permission from authorities.

Regarding glare, many use high nit value screens, many use shades etc. if you choose to stand in the harsh Sun, thats down to you.

The range capability has nothing to do with the rules, I can drive my cr 150 miles an hour but not legally.

My point here is simple and I fully understand the difficulty in spotting small craft, but because craft is small and your cold doesn’t give you the right to ignore others safety. For instance if you’re not observing and a SAR helicopter pops up and you hit it “what then” or if a SAR heli spots you and has to leave the air because you are not fully aware he’s there and no longer in control of your craft.

This was a blatant ignorant case of completely ignoring anyone’s safety for the sake of some comfort for the drone pilot, and thats the way it appeared, at least make the effort to pretend your doing something.

I’m not stupid and I know everyone looses sight of their craft people fly BVLOS people take chances when common sense lets them know danger is not a threat to their flying. But when you come on a forum with the cavalier attitude that breaking the rules and ignoring all safety because you need clicks for your you tube channel , then expect others to pull you up on it and suck it up or as the OP did completely ignore in your own ignorance.
2021-4-17
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Henrik Olsen Posted at 4-17 12:05
It’s so funny I always run into people like this, and they keep going on like Duracell rabbits to get the last word, but not realizing their engagement help push the original post :-)

I don’t spend time on this and enjoy our great hobby instead :-)

You seem to be spending plenty of time on this, so maybe there’s a bit of a bunny in you after all..
2021-4-17
Use props
DGCA3
lvl.4
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 4-17 12:29
Flying drones is not a challenge. In my country VLOS is a rule and reads like a rule and its expected to be treated the way it reads. Its been 5 years since i completed my commercial license and even then with phantom 3 your practical insisted you kept your drone in Vision line of sight , not line of sight but vision line of sight. And you are wrong you can keep your drone in VLOS, and this is not to be confused with being able to keep it in vision line of sight as far as the rules will allow you go.

If you cannot see it then it’s likely to far away from you, you have full control of this. And in most countries thats the rule, its really that simple with absolutely no exceptions and only aids allowed are prescription glasses. “ Unless you have specific Operations Permission from authorities.

I gave you a respectful and reasonable reply. You chose to go the other route. We live in completely different countries on the other side of the planet from each other, and you want to lecture me on how I should fly my drone?
2021-4-17
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

DGCA3 Posted at 4-17 13:28
I gave you a respectful and reasonable reply. You chose to go the other route. We live in completely different countries on the other side of the planet from each other, and you want to lecture me on how I should fly my drone?

How did I lecture you, the fact is once you fly a drone you are bound by the rules, take it up with the FAA.
I gave you factual correct advice. You fly your drone whatever way you want thats up to you. Fact is your rules are almost the same as rules this side of the pond.
Now point out where I lectured you on how you should fly your drone , or move on, because I never did that.
2021-4-17
Use props
Suren
Captain
Flight distance : 13425892 ft
  • >>>
New Zealand

Henrik Olsen Posted at 4-17 01:27
yes, it was the same before and after.. the strange part is this happens mostly in mastershots that is 1080p

I did a master shots test today after watching your video, going to post it now. I could not see any props in my shot
2021-4-17
Use props
Bigplumbs
First Officer
Flight distance : 620164 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

hallmark007 Posted at 4-17 08:26
I know exactly what VLOS is and I know where the rule apply’ s , if you want to post your videos for clicks on the forum except the comments you get , if they’re wrong then let us know how you managed to be flying Your drone VLOS in that video, I for one would be very interested to know how you manage this .

Are you Willk by any chance
2021-4-17
Use props
Bigplumbs
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

hallmark007 Posted at 4-17 12:29

If you cannot see it then it’s likely to far away from you, you have full control of this. And in most countries thats the rule, its really that simple with absolutely no exceptions and only aids allowed are prescription glasses. “ Unless you have specific Operations Permission from authorities.

God you don’t half bang on. Yes the OP comes here for clicks but also does a lot to help people. Take a chill pill
2021-4-17
Use props
Bigplumbs
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

hallmark007 Posted at 4-17 13:47
How did I lecture you, the fact is once you fly a drone you are bound by the rules, take it up with the FAA.
I gave you factual correct advice. You fly your drone whatever way you want thats up to you. Fact is your rules are almost the same as rules this side of the pond.
Now point out where I lectured you on how you should fly your drone , or move on, because I never did that.

You just preach at people. Thing is I don’t think you even realise that’s what you do
2021-4-17
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Bigplumbs Posted at 4-17 22:04
You just preach at people. Thing is I don’t think you even realise that’s what you do

Victor Meldrew I would suggest you take your own advice before preaching to others. This guy is probably the most helpful and practical contributor on this forum, and you dont have any problem dismissing him.

Throwing stones in glass houses ad all that.

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... 781&pid=2377667
2021-4-17
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Bigplumbs Posted at 4-17 22:04

Ahh I think if I dont know I’m doing or saying “ its ok” most of what you say on this forum you haven’t a clue and we all accept that, fair enough ;+)
2021-4-17
Use props
Bigplumbs
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

hallmark007 Posted at 4-17 22:23
Victor Meldrew I would suggest you take your own advice before preaching to others. This guy is probably the most helpful and practical contributor on this forum, and you dont have any problem dismissing him.

Throwing stones in glass houses ad all that.

There you go again Banging on.............. Did you read where you said someone was an ignorant idiot... Do you think that is acceptable or was that just a case of the pot calling the kettle black........ I suspect you might have to look that one up....... Google is your friend my friend
2021-4-18
Use props
Bigplumbs
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

hallmark007 Posted at 4-17 22:36
Ahh I think if I dont know I’m doing or saying “ its ok” most of what you say on this forum you haven’t a clue and we all accept that, fair enough ;+)

Yup Banging on again....... Wait for it folks ..............................
Old last word drone guru will have to post...... He will try not to but he will fail
2021-4-18
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Bigplumbs Posted at 4-18 00:13
Yup Banging on again....... Wait for it folks ..............................
Old last word drone guru will have to post...... He will try not to but he will fail

You seem to post in twos, difficulty with putting sentences together i expect ....
2021-4-18
Use props
Bigplumbs
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

hallmark007 Posted at 4-18 01:43
You seem to post in twos, difficulty with putting sentences together i expect ....

My Prediction did indeed come true
2021-4-18
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Maybe the FOV is bigger!
2021-4-21
Use props
Advanced