Compass error!
1322 6 2015-7-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
sam.mediamanav
New
United States

Ok sooooo....before I posted I have read many articles and threads regarding the compass error.  I have had my P3 for 3 days and whilst taking it out of my van I dropped it on the floor.  Now, the error mesages are infamously:  Compass abnormal and Mc cannot receive data.  I have tried the "tapping" it method and as well I have check to make sure ribbon cable is seated correctly.  I have aslo done an IMU calibration but heres the thing......
In another thread I read that I should hold the P3 with my hand and move it around to see if the axis reads or is stuck in a high -/+ number when i did this i found that all axis wee calibrated correctly and all numbers moving accordingly...BUT...the compass numbers remained at 0.00.  Any advice???  

2015-7-16
Use props
sploodge
Second Officer
Flight distance : 809350 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Could you have damaged the compass ( its on one of the legs ) when you dropped it?.. You can get legs from DJI Store and possibly from local dealers too that includes a compass..
You could also open it up and make sure the compass wire has not disconnected in the fall..
2015-7-17
Use props
sam.mediamanav
New
United States

sploodge Posted at 2015-7-17 21:24
Could you have damaged the compass ( its on one of the legs ) when you dropped it?.. You can get leg ...

Thanks Sploodge!  not sure what the compass looks like im a n00b flyer!  first drone but i have flown the smaller ones.  Can you tell me which leg is it on? or what it looks like?  thanks for the reply!
2015-7-17
Use props
robotertest
lvl.2
Germany

sam.mediamanav Posted at 2015-7-18 00:45
Thanks Sploodge!  not sure what the compass looks like im a n00b flyer!  first drone but i have flo ...

My review here: http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2449000 shows besides of other details a picture of the compass as well. Maybe I can link the pic.

The purple arrow points to the compass.
2015-7-17
Use props
sam.mediamanav
New
United States

Thanks to all that have responded!  yes.....cable was disconnected...smh....I was afraid to open it but took the plunge and glad i did!
2015-7-19
Use props
sploodge
Second Officer
Flight distance : 809350 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Glad you got it sorted sam.

Great pictured review robotertest...
2015-7-19
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

That was easy.

Glad to hear it worked out and it's performing properly again for you.

RedHotPoker
2015-7-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules