How to record Goggles video as MP4?
1926 6 2021-4-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
sbarton
lvl.3
Flight distance : 877110 ft
United States

I set my recording to Goggles and set the format from MOV to MP4, but it still records to the Goggles as .MOV.   This is an issue as I get an Error when trying to play the .MOV files on Windows 10.  

DJI_FPV_MOV_Error.PNG
DJI_FPV_MOV_Error.PNG
2021-4-19
Use props
Duane Degn
Second Officer
Flight distance : 622234 ft
United States

I can't help with your main issue but you should be able to play MOV files with the VLC Media Player. The icon is an orange and white traffic cone. It's a really useful program to have on a Windows PC.
2021-4-19
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there sbarton. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. Can you please try using a different media player to see if the issue will still persist? In addition I will post a DJI forum link with regards to this matter as well. Thank you.

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... &extra=page%3D1
2021-4-19
Use props
sbarton
lvl.3
Flight distance : 877110 ft
United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 4-19 19:24
Hello there sbarton. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. Can you please try using a different media player to see if the issue will still persist? In addition I will post a DJI forum link with regards to this matter as well. Thank you.

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=104656&extra=page%3D1

Thanks Stephen!  In my case if I manually rename the file from .mov to .mp4 it will work with Windows Media player (without error and without skipping frames as others have mentioned).  
BUT I should not have to manually rename all of my files for it to work.  I specified .MP4 in my settings, it should be saved correctly as .MP4 on the Goggles in the first place.  Can you request this to be changed in an upcoming firmware, that the movie files on the Goggles are named .mp4. Thanks.
2021-4-20
Use props
frankymusik
First Officer
Flight distance : 27841053 ft
  • >>>
Germany

DJI Stephen Posted at 4-19 19:24

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=104656&extra=page%3D1

2021-4-20
Use props
frankymusik
First Officer
Flight distance : 27841053 ft
  • >>>
Germany

sbarton Posted at 4-20 04:55
Thanks Stephen!  In my case if I manually rename the file from .mov to .mp4 it will work with Windows Media player (without error and without skipping frames as others have mentioned).  
BUT I should not have to manually rename all of my files for it to work.  I specified .MP4 in my settings, it should be saved correctly as .MP4 on the Goggles in the first place.  Can you request this to be changed in an upcoming firmware, that the movie files on the Goggles are named .mp4. Thanks.

... wow, renaming helps...      
2021-4-20
Use props
TWaz
lvl.1

United States

Dork.....renaming helps?? Nice
2022-8-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules