1290 13 2021-4-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Loreto
lvl.2
Flight distance : 5483068 ft
  • >>>
Portugal

If Mini2 is capable of shooting DNG and AEB......why can´t we shoot spherical panos with those settings ?  instead the simplistic single shot JPG

2021-4-19
Use props
videoeditman
Second Officer
Flight distance : 6713271 ft
United States

It probably has to do with processing power, but also they don't want every option on the lowest cost drone.
2021-4-19
Use props
JohnDG
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1097270 ft
Malaysia

Pano's can be shot in DNG. Set the mode after you activated the pano mode.

DNG and AEB at the same time is not possible. Not even on a M2P. In that case you can set the AEB mode and create the pano manual by shooting the picture, moving the position and shoot again, and again. Just as you would do with a DSLR or mirror less camera.
2021-4-19
Use props
Loreto
lvl.2
  • >>>
Portugal

JohnDG Posted at 4-19 13:06

DNG and AEB at the same time is not possible. Not even on a M2P. In that case you can set the AEB mode and create the pano manual by shooting the picture, moving the position and shoot again, and again. Just as you would do with a DSLR or mirror less camera.

I have my Mini 2 setup to shoot J+RAW. When activating spherical pano, if I go to camera and confirm it is in J+RAW the Pano is shot using only JPG.
I have tryed AEB, and it does not recognize when shooting an spherical pano. AEB is working Only for single fotos.

Taking panos manually.......I did back in 2016 with my first Phantom2, and it´s not a pratical way to work. To much time to shoot a pano.
I have taken 1700 panos of my country, 1/3 of them aerial, using a Phantom 4 in DNG mode, with Litchi, and editing with Lightroom and stitching with Autopano Giga. This is my workflow, and in this way I can cover 3-4 panos per battery and shoot video in between spots.
2021-4-19
Use props
Loreto
lvl.2
  • >>>
Portugal

DNG and AEB at the same time is not possible. Not even on a M2P. In that case you can set the AEB mode and create the pano manual by shooting the picture, moving the position and shoot again, and again. Just as you would do with a DSLR or mirror less camera.

I have my Mini 2 setup to shoot J+RAW. When activating spherical pano, if I go to camera and confirm it is in J+RAW the Pano is shot using only JPG.
I have tryed AEB, and it does not recognize when shooting an spherical pano. AEB is working Only for single fotos.

Taking panos manually.......I did back in 2016 with my first Phantom2, and it´s not a pratical way to work. To much time to shoot a pano.
I have taken 1700 panos of my country, 1/3 of them aerial, using a Phantom 4 in DNG mode, with Litchi, and editing with Lightroom and stitching with Autopano Giga. This is my workflow, and in this way I can cover 3-4 panos per battery and shoot video in between spots.
2021-4-19
Use props
Loreto
lvl.2
  • >>>
Portugal

DNG and AEB at the same time is not possible. Not even on a M2P. In that case you can set the AEB mode and create the pano manual by shooting the picture, moving the position and shoot again, and again. Just as you would do with a DSLR or mirror less camera.

2021-4-19
Use props
Loreto
lvl.2
  • >>>
Portugal

2021-4-19
Use props
Loreto
lvl.2
  • >>>
Portugal

2021-4-19
Use props
Loreto
lvl.2
  • >>>
Portugal

2021-4-19
Use props
Loreto
lvl.2
  • >>>
Portugal

Sorry my several replies, I don´t know when the reply is saved or not
2021-4-19
Use props
videoeditman
Second Officer
Flight distance : 6713271 ft
United States

I think in the older software version you had to be in the panorama setting and then switch to JPG + RAW. I don't know if that is the same after Fly App 1.4?
2021-4-19
Use props
JohnDG
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1097270 ft
Malaysia

Loreto Posted at 4-19 13:51

in pano mode switch it to jpg only and switch it to jpg+raw again.
It should work with the mini. It's like videoman said, you have to switch it in pano mode. Separate settings for normal pictures and pano.
It's time consuming if you want AEB pano's, that is a fact indeed. I'm processing the pano's in ptigui with output to Photoshop PSB format. Then edit it further in Ps.
2021-4-19
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

My AEB shots are in JPG and DNG and when I shoot a 360 I get DNG files, but you have to look on the SD card and then stitch them manually yourself.
2021-4-20
Use props
Loreto
lvl.2
  • >>>
Portugal

videoeditman Posted at 4-19 14:19
I think in the older software version you had to be in the panorama setting and then switch to JPG + RAW. I don't know if that is the same after Fly App 1.4?

YESSSS!! Finnaly I could manage to get it right. This 1.4 interface is much better now.
I am amazed with the quality of this mini2. This DNG images are sharper than the ones from my P4!
Many thanks
PS. I could not finish my panorama because I had all the local seagulls flying around my mini, very agressive, had to abort .
2021-4-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules