GPS Data or SRT file in DJI-FPV Combo
2394 7 2021-4-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
SvdBerg63
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1807169 ft
United States

Does anyone know how record mp4 with GPS information?

After the firmware update,01.01.0000 I can not  record mp4 file with any Telemetry data.  Like in Fly app, where can I find the setup for video subtitle in the goggle menu?

Thank you,

2021-4-19
Use props
Pajomota
lvl.4
Flight distance : 710197 ft
  • >>>
Portugal

Until now it seems that's not possible. Many things to improve...
2021-4-20
Use props
SvdBerg63
lvl.2
United States

Pajomota Posted at 4-20 01:07

Thank you.. To me, it does not make any sense that why they removed this.  It is useful info to post study my flight data. Let me put in a ticket.

Thankyou
2021-4-20
Use props
Duane Degn
Second Officer
Flight distance : 622234 ft
United States

SvdBerg63 Posted at 4-20 10:02
Thank you.. To me, it does not make any sense that why they removed this.  It is useful info to post study my flight data. Let me put in a ticket.

Thankyou

The data is in the log on the goggles but there's not an easy way to access it or to add it to a video. There's another thread on this topic. I learned a lot from it.
Apparently the SRT file (as you also point out) was previously available. It's a mystery why it was removed.

I want to make sure you're aware of the site Airdata.com. It has lots of cool features which make it easier to examine the data logged in the goggles.
2021-4-20
Use props
SvdBerg63
lvl.2
United States

Pajomota Posted at 4-20 01:07

I just contacted DJI support and they deny that function was never there.  So I showed my prove to them and they are confused.  

https://drive.google.com/drive/f ... EBTHPF6DsZkNt-S_mMc

with current firmware, you can take photos with GPS data in Metadata.
2021-4-20
Use props
SvdBerg63
lvl.2
United States

Duane Degn Posted at 4-20 10:28
The data is in the log on the goggles but there's not an easy way to access it or to add it to a video. There's another thread on this topic. I learned a lot from it.
Apparently the SRT file (as you also point out) was previously available. It's a mystery why it was removed.

Thank you for this info.  I will surely look into this site.
2021-4-20
Use props
Duane Degn
Second Officer
Flight distance : 622234 ft
United States

SvdBerg63 Posted at 4-20 10:30
I just contacted DJI support and they deny that function was never there.  So I showed my prove to them and they are confused.  

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/15uD1W7VxAAEv9EBTHPF6DsZkNt-S_mMc

Are you the original source of those files?

I've seen another example similar to those but they weren't shared by the original creator. I just want to make sure these files couldn't be from a different drone.

Assuming those files are legitimate (and I think they are) it's really strange DJI removed the ability to create SRT files and it's double strange the support people didn't know about this.
2021-4-20
Use props
SvdBerg63
lvl.2
United States

Duane Degn Posted at 4-20 10:39
Are you the original source of those files?

I've seen another example similar to those but they weren't shared by the original creator. I just want to make sure these files couldn't be from a different drone.

I got the temporary fix, thanks to your hint.
if got android phone, find the DJI folder and sub-folder called FlightRecord and copy out the file has has txt extension.  Upload them Airdata.com convert to cvs, kml or gpx which ever you like.
now import mp4 and gpx into like Telemetry overlay.  The challenge here are to match the time with the data.
It works for now...Thx
2021-4-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules