New DJI Mini 2 firmware released (04/15/2021)
8374 32 2021-4-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DJI Support
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft
Hong Kong

Overview:
Date:        2021.04.15
Aircraft Firmware:        v01.02.0300
Remote Controller:        v04.11.0016
DJI Fly App iOS:        v1.4.0
DJI Fly App Android:        v1.4.0

What’s New?
Added support to switch between DJI Air 2S, Mavic Air 2, and DJI Mini 2 when using RC-N1 remote controller.

2021-4-20
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Thanks for the info!
2021-4-20
Use props
mukhas
lvl.4
Flight distance : 832605 ft
Ukraine

I think it is about controller firmware. Aircraft Firmware is same.
2021-4-20
Use props
DroneJunkieQc
First Officer
Flight distance : 1015679 ft
  • >>>
Canada

mukhas Posted at 4-20 03:34
I think it is about controller firmware. Aircraft Firmware is same.

Good to know. So no need I guess unless you wanna use that controller with all your drones.
2021-4-20
Use props
DroneJunkieQc
First Officer
  • >>>
Canada

NO Smart Controller Compatibility ?
2021-4-20
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Montfrooij Posted at 4-20 02:10
Thanks for the info!

Hello there Montfrooij. Good day and thank you for the reply. If you have any inquiries with the new DJI Mini 2 firmware update. Kindly please post it here at DJI Forum. We are here to help and support you. Thank you.
2021-4-20
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

DJI Stephen Posted at 4-20 18:56
Hello there Montfrooij. Good day and thank you for the reply. If you have any inquiries with the new DJI Mini 2 firmware update. Kindly please post it here at DJI Forum. We are here to help and support you. Thank you.

I was hoping for picture control settings
2021-4-20
Use props
e1darie1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1843084 ft
  • >>>
United Arab Emirates

Where is following mode that was promised?
2021-4-21
Use props
DronePilot567
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1507848 ft

United Kingdom

AE lock button needs to be put back where it was as hard to tell when its on or off by having to double tap everytime!
2021-4-21
Use props
RedWolf18
lvl.3
Flight distance : 659580 ft
United Kingdom

DronePilot567 Posted at 4-21 02:27
AE lock button needs to be put back where it was as hard to tell when its on or off by having to double tap everytime!

And so say all of us
2021-4-21
Use props
SuperWinnieperruna
lvl.4
Flight distance : 542083 ft
Spain

The best way to say us that they are not going to add any other major features ... no Hyperlapse,no slowmotion,etc.... the next event luckily will be publish the sdk and bye bye ... LIKE ALWAYS ......

2021-4-22
Use props
Pexel_Ge
New

Italy

Hi, don't you think it is time to release a firmware that implements the Follow Me feature on the Mini 2 as you did with the Mavic Mini ? Hope it will be soon...
2021-4-22
Use props
RajeevDabral
New

India

Is it compatible with DJI Movic Mini
2021-4-22
Use props
SuperWinnieperruna
lvl.4
Spain

Arpettaz Posted at 4-22 10:57
If you want all these features you’ve bought the wrong drone!!!!

.....or the wrong support team ...... the drone is perfectly able of make all these features,they just don't enable them because money questions ...
2021-4-22
Use props
Dryvise
lvl.4
Flight distance : 10869498 ft
  • >>>
Russia

Arpettaz Posted at 4-22 12:47
Why do people expect $2000 features when they buy a $700 drone?  Get real, manage your expectations!!!  I think the Mini 2 is a great drone. I personally don’t need more features. If I want more features I will spend more $

Because I bought the drone not because it costs less, but because it does not need to be registered. I would like to spend more $ and get all the features, only there is no such drone.
2021-4-23
Use props
pl4sma2389
lvl.1
United States

SuperWinnieperruna Posted at 4-22 01:16
The best way to say us that they are not going to add any other major features ... no Hyperlapse,no slowmotion,etc.... the next event luckily will be publish the sdk and bye bye ... LIKE ALWAYS ......

"publish the sdk"
They might not even do that, based on responses in other threads.

2021-4-23
Use props
SuperWinnieperruna
lvl.4
Spain

Zino Mini pro is going to be released, on the next weeks/months we will see the quality of this new Mini Drone and if DJI prefers upgrade our Mini 2 firmwares to advanced features or just release a new Mini 3 to earn more money again .... this last option would be a stupidness ,maybe is ok to get money ,but will damage a lot the image of the company software support
2021-4-24
Use props
Monkey007
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 73775046 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Why do people expect $2000 features when they buy a $700 drone?  Get real, manage your expectations!!!  I think the Mini 2 is a great drone. I personally don’t need more features. If I want more features I will spend more $

Can't agree more, I've also bought the mini2 for its size not its price; but the price is the price, why complain about not getting something you didn't pay for.
2021-4-24
Use props
Monkey007
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

Dryvise Posted at 4-23 05:59
Because I bought the drone not because it costs less, but because it does not need to be registered. I would like to spend more $ and get all the features, only there is no such drone.

You might be one of those who didn't buy the mini2 for its price; but most  if not all the whinging mini2 owners on this forum are beginners who bought the mini2 for its price. You'll hardly hear anyone who also owns more expensive drones whinge about the features that the mini2 misses
2021-4-24
Use props
JohnDG
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1097270 ft
Malaysia

Monkey007 Posted at 4-24 13:33
You might be one of those who didn't buy the mini2 for its price; but most  if not all the whinging mini2 owners on this forum are beginners who bought the mini2 for its price. You hardly hear anyone who also own more expensive drones whinge about the features that the mini2 misses

It's a nice, small, lightweighted, less petruding and less expensive drone. Missing a lot of the features to be found in heavier and more expensive drones.
I bought it exactly for it's features it has. Sometimes using it for scouting before I breng my M2P in the sky to shoot the picture I want.
It's far more faster to get the MM2 in the air to see if an interesting view is there to be shot, than getting the M2P ready.
For that reason, I hope, DJI will ever release an update for my SC, so I don't have to drag both remotes. One remote to rule them all !
2021-4-24
Use props
Monkey007
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

JohnDG Posted at 4-24 16:56
It's a nice, small, lightweighted, less petruding and less expensive drone. Missing a lot of the features to be found in heavier and more expensive drones.
I bought it exactly for it's features it has. Sometimes using it for scouting before I breng my M2P in the sky to shoot the picture I want.
It's far more faster to get the MM2 in the air to see if an interesting view is there to be shot, than getting the M2P ready.

Me too, bought the mini2 for its size and never expected it to have the features it didn't come with. However, I was somehow 'mistaken' that it would be supported with the Smart Controller at some stage. But would I have bought it if I knew??? I honestly say most likely would have done it regardless.
2021-4-25
Use props
DroneJunkieQc
First Officer
  • >>>
Canada

JohnDG Posted at 4-24 16:56

I also want to control My AIR2 and MINI2 with only the SMART CONTROLLER .
DJI , Hear our prayers .
2021-4-25
Use props
DroneJunkieQc
First Officer
  • >>>
Canada

Monkey007 Posted at 4-25 03:40
Me too, bought the mini2 for its size and never expected it to have the features it didn't come with. However, I was somehow 'mistaken' that it would be supported with the Smart Controller at some stage. But would I have bought it if I knew??? I honestly say most likely would have done it regardless.

I also want to control My AIR2 and MINI2 with only the SMART CONTROLLER .
I wouldn't have bought it had I known. They make MINI2 Remote compatible with all the new O2 drones but not the SMART CONTROLLER which may I add comes in a combo with the AIR2.
What's up with that thinking ??
DJI , Hear our prayers .
2021-4-25
Use props
Monkey007
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

DroneJunkieQc Posted at 4-25 06:00
I also want to control My AIR2 and MINI2 with only the SMART CONTROLLER .
I wouldn't have bought it had I known. They make MINI2 Remote compatible with all the new O2 drones but not the SMART CONTROLLER which may I add comes in a combo with the AIR2.
What's up with that thinking ??

Been flying RC helicopters since 2009, and it's been one transmitter for all since day one. And recently bought a new transmitter with Opentx; a multi protocol radio which will literally bind to any receiver from many different brands. It's like being able to fly different brands of drones with just one super smart controller!
2021-4-25
Use props
DroneJunkieQc
First Officer
  • >>>
Canada

Monkey007 Posted at 4-25 14:51
Been flying RC helicopters since 2009, and it's been one transmitter for all since day one. And recently bought a new transmitter with Opentx; a multi protocol radio which will literally bind to any receiver from many different brands. It's like being able to fly different brands of drones with just one super smart controller!

I don't know why they doing this . Crazy expensive Controller and they make us beg.
2021-4-25
Use props
MARTINEZX
lvl.4
Poland

I don't think that Spark and Air 1 cost 2000 $
and have more functionality that Mini and Mini 2 - i expect the same as old or more in new drones... but better
Btw the function as Hyperlapse are just software things. No need extra hardware.
2021-4-28
Use props
NoLegs
lvl.1

Australia

Still no smart controller capability.... WHY!?
2021-5-4
Use props
fans7ee659f8
lvl.1
Flight distance : 75226 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Can’t find where else to put this. The iOS update that has just been released for the DJI fly app has removed phone charging for iOS users!! Why?!? It still works fine on android but why has such a useful and critical feature been removed? Please Toledo me this was and error or an oversight and it will be put back in?
2021-5-18
Use props
IX_Flights
lvl.1
Flight distance : 454098 ft
United States

Can you please provide a link to past versions of the DJI Fly App for android? They have been removed from the downloads page and the new firmware is buggy.
2021-5-22
Use props
simonlalonde
lvl.2
Flight distance : 8052726 ft
Canada

Cool hope it will work fine
2021-5-24
Use props
tibzee
lvl.4
Flight distance : 79616 ft
Switzerland

SuperWinnieperruna Posted at 4-24 02:48
Zino Mini pro is going to be released, on the next weeks/months we will see the quality of this new Mini Drone and if DJI prefers upgrade our Mini 2 firmwares to advanced features or just release a new Mini 3 to earn more money again .... this last option would be a stupidness ,maybe is ok to get money ,but will damage a lot the image of the company software support

I believe there will be no new firmwares with new features, maybe one or two bug fixes, but nothing more. It's common for all short-lived DJI's devices and Mini is one of them (but DJI is not alone in this). You have  what you bought, nothing more. Sometimes you can get "generously" some minor updates (eg. 2.7K@60fps) to make people happy, for the first 5-6 months since the release and that's it - every year new model, no more updates for the older one. So no activetrack, no SC, maybe even no SDK.
2021-6-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules