1170 7 2021-4-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
RetiredInFL
lvl.3
Flight distance : 17234 ft
  • >>>
United States

Just got a new Air 2S.  The right stick on the controller is not centered and the "pull down tension" feels less than the left.  What shall I do? I do have DJI Refresh but don't think that is related to the controller.

2021-4-21
Use props
Jackie-Gan
lvl.4
Flight distance : 457477 ft
Mexico

It is a manufacturing fault, DO NOT use your care refresh, I think you have to fill this. If you don't know how to do it, ask the online chat support.
https://repair.dji.com/repair/index?site=brandsite&from=nav
2021-4-21
Use props
RetiredInFL
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

Jackie-Gan Posted at 4-21 17:54
It is a manufacturing fault, DO NOT use your care refresh, I think you have to fill this. If you don't know how to do it, ask the online chat support.
https://repair.dji.com/repair/index?site=brandsite&from=nav

Thanks, but since it is only 2 days old I likely will just return the whole thing to Amazon.  Seems silly to go through not having the remote for likely a couple weeks when I can get a complete replacement from Amazon in 48 hours and start over.

My issue is the DJI REFRESH I purchased from DJI when I set it up but it seems I can refund that and then rebuy it it on the next drone.  They won't transfer it. Besides, the remote is not covered on REFRESH but under the regular warranty.
2021-4-21
Use props
Jackie-Gan
lvl.4
Mexico

The process will take you 1 and a half weeks approximately if you send in your controller.
I don't know if transferring the care refresh is possible, so ask chat support, they will tell you and guide you through if you need help.
(Support is a bit or very slow, depending on who you ask)
2021-4-21
Use props
RetiredInFL
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

Jackie-Gan Posted at 4-21 18:05
The process will take you 1 and a half weeks approximately if you send in your controller.
I don't know if transferring the care refresh is possible, so ask chat support, they will tell you and guide you through if you need help.
(Support is a bit or very slow, depending on who you ask)

I can get a full replacement from Amazon in 24-48 hours so I see no reason to wait 2 weeks to get the controller replaced and not have use of the brand new drone.  They will refund refresh and I will rebuy it,
2021-4-21
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there RetiredInFL. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. Can you please try to calibrate the remote controller of your DJI Air 2S for us to be able to isolate the said issue? Thank you.
If it is not sorted, you may contact Amazon for assistance, or you can also contact our support via email at http://www.dji.com/support, we would love to create a case for you to send the unit back for further diagnosis and service.

2021-4-21
Use props
Jackie-Gan
lvl.4
Mexico

DJI Stephen Posted at 4-21 21:23
Hello there RetiredInFL. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. Can you please try to calibrate the remote controller of your DJI Air 2S for us to be able to isolate the said issue? Thank you.

I think it is a hardware problem, not software. RetiredInFL was talking that the sticks aren't centered and that they are sloppy.
2021-4-21
Use props
RetiredInFL
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 4-21 21:23
If it is not sorted, you may contact Amazon for assistance, or you can also contact our support via email at http://www.dji.com/support, we would love to create a case for you to send the unit back for further diagnosis and service.

Exactly as Jackie-Gan stated.  Sticks can be calibrated with no problem.  The problem is the right stick is not "straight up"  when in the "resting (not used)" position and the spring tension when pulling DOWNWARD is weak.  I am just going to return it to Amazon for a replacement because it is only 3 days old and I don't want to wait to go through the entire return process which can take 2 weeks or more.  
2021-4-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules