Issue: Mastershots and Geo zones/fly safe database
1900 10 2021-4-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Raf_IZ0QWM
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1640843 ft
Italy

Is there any change in how the geo zones are read by the Air2s when using the Mastershot?

I tried to do a Mastershot and got the message about altitude 0.
But I've already been flying the drone for a while.
I tried to start the Mavic Air 2 with the same app and did not receive any messages.
By the way, I'm in a place where I've always flown with other drones.

Only Mastershots are not allowed.

Similar issue here:
https://mavicpilots.com/threads/mastershots-issue.110288/
2021-4-22
Use props
Raf_IZ0QWM
Second Officer
Italy

Up. Has anyone else noticed this behavior?
2021-4-23
Use props
PAir2s
lvl.1
Flight distance : 68816 ft
Poland

Hi, i have the same problem. With old mavic air 2 i havent massage about height zone 0m... now with new dji air 2s it the same place near my house i have massaeg about height zone 0m... it is stupid.
2021-4-24
Use props
Raf_IZ0QWM
Second Officer
Italy

PAir2s Posted at 4-24 14:39
Hi, i have the same problem. With old mavic air 2 i havent massage about height zone 0m... now with new dji air 2s it the same place near my house i have massaeg about height zone 0m... it is stupid.

Thank you so much for your answer.
I think there is some bug within the Mastershot radius calculation, which creates it larger than it should be. So if someone wants to use it near a restricted flight zone, but not inside, this miscalculation puts it within the restricted zone.

Do you live in the vicinity of a restricted area on the fly? Airport for example?
2021-4-24
Use props
PAir2s
lvl.1
Poland

I live a few kilometers from the little little airport - it is a small grassy sport airfield. The planes that land there are like a small Cessna (maybe 1/weekend). This airport is mostly closed and sometimes they open it when the weather is nice to train new pilots on the glider. It is a typical recreational airport
Looking at my maps of aviation agency zones in my country, within 2 km per mille, there is only information that you need to be careful. But there is no closed space and it has never been closed.
On the dji fly safe maps this airport is not marked at all. Neither blue nor red. For DJs, this airport does not exist as a danger zone.
And that's what makes me wonder why I have such a stupid message now about hight zone 0m...
P.S. my hight zone 0m is active in every flying mode, whether I take photos individually or video, I have information about the 0m zone.
It doesn't matter what I do.
2021-4-25
Use props
Raf_IZ0QWM
Second Officer
Italy

Thanks a lot for your explanation. So this makes me think more about a fly safe database update in combination with a bug in handling the range check of the Mastershots feature.

What happens when there is this type of error, is that the person reading the writing is near an airport, whatever it is, even if it is in the CTR area, therefore also without 0m alert but very high, or even only of attention.

I would ask DJI to check the software.
2021-4-25
Use props
PAir2s
lvl.1
Poland

I think the manufacturer has created a drone "safe to fly" it is cool , but the final product is safer than it was meant to be.
After flying today, I can say. Each zone on the map, whether active or not, is information about the height of the 0m zone (of course only on my air 2s). My small grassy sports airport, 4 km from my home, has two districts. And although they are inactive today, the first 1 km radius gives information (it is info from avation agency zone) that I can fly a VOSL drone up to a height of 30 m or to the highest obstacle. The second circle is from 1km to 6km and in it I can fly VLOS up to 100m. flying a drone today at a distance of 5 km I have information about the 0m altitude zone ...
But second flight where it took place was in the Aviation Activity Region. On avation agency zone maps there is information that it is a zone separated from the general space and air traffic is possible. Particular caution is advised. It is about 12-13 km to a small grassy sports airport on a mountain slope (for training paragliding and gliding). In this area, according to dji air 2s is ok. I have information in flight. I do not have any messages about the height altitude zone 0 m.
While flying the drone, I noticed one more thing, I got a message that another drone was detected in flight. RTH went on. ... I checked the radar which drones were flying around me and found one drone at a distance of 12 km ...

I think Air 2s is ok. It is a good drone. Here, the manufacturer moved towards safe flying. The problem is that their maps with the maps of my country do not exactly match that is why we have such nonsense.
Today I did tests flying on android and ios. Dji Fly is definitely better and more stable on ios.
2021-4-25
Use props
Raf_IZ0QWM
Second Officer
Italy

PAir2s Posted at 4-25 09:34
I think the manufacturer has created a drone "safe to fly" it is cool , but the final product is safer than it was meant to be.
After flying today, I can say. Each zone on the map, whether active or not, is information about the height of the 0m zone (of course only on my air 2s). My small grassy sports airport, 4 km from my home, has two districts. And although they are inactive today, the first 1 km radius gives information (it is info from avation agency zone) that I can fly a VOSL drone up to a height of 30 m or to the highest obstacle. The second circle is from 1km to 6km and in it I can fly VLOS up to 100m. flying a drone today at a distance of 5 km I have information about the 0m altitude zone ...
But second flight where it took place was in the Aviation Activity Region. On avation agency zone maps there is information that it is a zone separated from the general space and air traffic is possible. Particular caution is advised. It is about 12-13 km to a small grassy sports airport on a mountain slope (for training paragliding and gliding). In this area, according to dji air 2s is ok. I have information in flight. I do not have any messages about the height altitude zone 0 m.

I agree with you.
Just one thing, did you get a message that another drone was flying ??
So it means Airsense not only receives ADS-B capable aircraft, but also alerts (I guess by retrieving information via the Internet) about the existence of other DJI drones.

It is possible that also in Italy the maps are not so precise like should.
2021-4-25
Use props
Landlord
New

United States

yes i am having the same problem. the dji map shows i am part of a yellow area where i live 11 miles from airport  the Airmap app shows that it has been changed and i am not in the yellow area so i can't even do the master shots at all in my own yard. i own 2.5 acres of land
2021-4-29
Use props
Raf_IZ0QWM
Second Officer
Italy

Landlord Posted at 4-29 12:02
yes i am having the same problem. the dji map shows i am part of a yellow area where i live 11 miles from airport  the Airmap app shows that it has been changed and i am not in the yellow area so i can't even do the master shots at all in my own yard. i own 2.5 acres of land

Yes. Now it is certain. There is some error about how Mastershost calculates the action area and asks the fly safe database to tell it if it can be started.

I would ask DJI to comment on this.
2021-4-29
Use props
djiuser_iWPWrnI6Nwme
lvl.3
Flight distance : 5738396 ft
United States

Raf_IZ0QWM Posted at 4-29 12:13
Yes. Now it is certain. There is some error about how Mastershost calculates the action area and asks the fly safe database to tell it if it can be started.

I would ask DJI to comment on this.

Same issue here. I'm probably a 4-5km from a restricted airspace.
Edit : Correction : I was flying in an Enhanced Warning Zone, with Zone Altitude 0Ft displayed on the app, however I was still permitted to take off and fly without any special permission requests. I had configured all MasterShot settings to 'small' and still was blocked from performing. However, I was able to do an Orbit, Drone, Rocket etc, separately. I had no issues flying 1+KM from home point, and at altitude of 120M at this same location.

2021-5-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules