Sound tracks royalty free?
2153 6 2021-4-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
delboyuk2508
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1161804 ft
United Kingdom

I have had a royalty issue with one of the sound tracks from the app,  Youtube are saying that the copyright for "Techno Dreams Alternative  Mix" is held by someone else.

I thought that all the music tracks in the app were OK to use and royalty free?

Cheers

2021-4-22
Use props
mukhas
lvl.4
Flight distance : 832605 ft
Ukraine

I use soundcloud. When you search music pick in filters - to use commercially. I have no issue with that music in Youtube.
2021-4-22
Use props
crash1sttime
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1047503 ft
United Kingdom

I had a similar issue with a version of Here comes the sun by the beatles, I got it from Youtube audio library and was marked royalty free, and it was for a while then one day Youtube sent me a message and said the music had been claimed as copyright.

Seems that sometimes music may be free then it gets claimed by someone and its not any longer

But if its in the DJI app then they need to remove it.
2021-4-24
Use props
delboyuk2508
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1161804 ft
United Kingdom

crash1sttime Posted at 4-24 07:43
I had a similar issue with a version of Here comes the sun by the beatles, I got it from Youtube audio library and was marked royalty free, and it was for a while then one day Youtube sent me a message and said the music had been claimed as copyright.

Seems that sometimes music may be free then it gets claimed by someone and its not any longer

To be honest i'm suprised that song was marked royalty free as it was by The Beatles, & Michael Jackson I believe owned the back catalogue of them
2021-4-24
Use props
crash1sttime
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1047503 ft
United Kingdom

delboyuk2508 Posted at 4-24 09:05
To be honest i'm suprised that song was marked royalty free as it was by The Beatles, & Michael Jackson I believe owned the back catalogue of them

It was a cover version, no lyrics just  the tune, caused me to have to remove the video as it was classed as copyrighted when it wasnt originally
2021-4-24
Use props
steamship
lvl.4
Flight distance : 229180 ft
Russia

crash1sttime Posted at 4-24 11:31
It was a cover version, no lyrics just  the tune, caused me to have to remove the video as it was classed as copyrighted when it wasnt originally

Even if it is just a cover version, there is still the copyright on the original material, as well as a secondary copyright on the cover version, as whoever produced the cover version has to pay royalties to the original copyright holder.

As you alluded to earlier, lots of people have fallen foul of instances where they used 'royalty free' music in one of their old videos and then out of the blue they get hit by a copyright strike. An absolute minefield, and unless you still have your original video project and can change the music (assuming your video doesn't rely heavily on the music, like changes in line with the tempo of the music), the easiest way around it is just to delete the video.

As to what the OP asked about the music within the DJI App, this has been mentioned previously on here, with others having the same issue i.e. getting a copyright strike.
2021-4-25
Use props
Akirasho
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1622238 ft
United States

I fought (counter claim) a strike using DJI Fly App music and it was removed... It might happen again.  Bots are stoopid.
2021-4-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules