3150 32 2021-4-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DaveBurbank
lvl.2
Flight distance : 868743 ft
  • >>>
United States

I've been reading a lot about peoples' experiences with Firmware 01.02.0500. A new Inspire 2 I just aquired has Firmware 01.02.0510 but I can't find any info on this "0510" update. Does anyone here know about 01.02.0510?

Firmware-01.02.0510.jpg
2021-4-23
Use props
Joecos
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3294770 ft
United States

Hmmmm.... very interesting. You are probably one of the first and few to get this fw.  I dont know the answer to your question, but I would also like to hear / read (release notes) a response from DJI regarding .510.

Please report back your experience with the updated fw.  Any information would help.

Thank You for sharing!
2021-4-25
Use props
DaveBurbank
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

FWIW, this particular aircraft has a manufacture date of 02/2021 according to the serial number label on the outside of the packaging.
2021-4-25
Use props
Matthew Dobrski
First Officer
Flight distance : 1831050 ft
  • >>>
Canada

That's another surprise, apparently a variant of much hated 0500 version with castrated power distribution. Is it a version addressing this "without balls" performance in strong winds? Please give her a strong kick on throttle for good amount of time and let us know if she'll handle such abuse.
2021-4-25
Use props
DaveBurbank
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

Matthew Dobrski Posted at 4-25 13:12
That's another surprise, apparently a variant of much hated 0500 version with castrated power distribution. Is it a version addressing this "without balls" performance in strong winds? Please give her a strong kick on throttle for good amount of time and let us know if she'll handle such abuse.

I sure will. Tell me the best way to replicate the issues you've been having. Is it just a matter of running at full throttle for an extended period of time? I used this Inspire 2 yesterday to record video of eight 2000 m crew races. After each race I returned to home at full throttle with no issues.
2021-4-25
Use props
Matthew Dobrski
First Officer
  • >>>
Canada

DaveBurbank Posted at 4-25 13:31
I sure will. Tell me the best way to replicate the issues you've been having. Is it just a matter of running at full throttle for an extended period of time? I used this Inspire 2 yesterday to record video of eight 2000 m crew races. After each race I returned to home at full throttle with no issues.

Well, I do not experience power limiting issues because I didn't updated to .0500 FW. Mainly because so many pilots were reporting this annoyance after updating from .0300/.0400 to this latest official version. Some Inspires were unable to deal with strong winds, handled previously with no problem whatsoever. Other pilots experienced Inspire going into slow crawl after longer flights at full throttle. So, perhaps they fixed this ...
2021-4-25
Use props
LEONIDAS GREECE
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5270591 ft
  • >>>
Greece

Hi, i conneced my inspire2 via assistant dji ,but not find new firmware like .510.
2021-4-25
Use props
Matthew Dobrski
First Officer
  • >>>
Canada

LEONIDAS GREECE Posted at 4-25 22:00
Hi, i conneced my inspire2 via assistant dji ,but not find new firmware like .510.

Because this is a factory installed version, not available for public.
2021-4-25
Use props
DaveBurbank
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

Matthew Dobrski Posted at 4-25 18:51
Well, I do not experience power limiting issues because I didn't updated to .0500 FW. Mainly because so many pilots were reporting this annoyance after updating from .0300/.0400 to this latest official version. Some Inspires were unable to deal with strong winds, handled previously with no problem whatsoever. Other pilots experienced Inspire going into slow crawl after longer flights at full throttle. So, perhaps they fixed this ...

Okay. I'll take it to a windy area today and do some serious flight testing.
2021-4-26
Use props
LEONIDAS GREECE
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5270591 ft
  • >>>
Greece

Matthew Dobrski Posted at 4-25 23:47
Because this is a factory installed version, not available for public.

thanks ,Matthew.
2021-4-26
Use props
Ground Pilot
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1539337 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Hi,

First of all, thanks for your info on the firmware version 01.02.0510 and your help.

Please try the hovering at one point in different heights. Would be cool if you could record with a camera and steal here online.

Greetings
Huebi
2021-4-28
Use props
DaveBurbank
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

Matthew Dobrski Posted at 4-25 13:12
That's another surprise, apparently a variant of much hated 0500 version with castrated power distribution. Is it a version addressing this "without balls" performance in strong winds? Please give her a strong kick on throttle for good amount of time and let us know if she'll handle such abuse.
Yesterday, I flew the Inspire 2 with the .0510 firmware back and forth at full throttle (about 3000 feet in each direction) with no issues. I did the same thing in sport mode and typically reached speeds of around 58 mph, again with no issues.
2021-4-28
Use props
DaveBurbank
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

Ground Pilot Posted at 4-28 02:39
Hi,

First of all, thanks for your info on the firmware version 01.02.0510 and your help.

Will do. Do you want me to record a video of the aircraft? Of of the iPad display?
2021-4-28
Use props
FanOfFlight
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1983760 ft
Canada

Matthew Dobrski Posted at 4-25 18:51

Matthew;  I thought one of the conditions for power limiting was also "cooler" weather, if you were ambient air temps of 5c approx? I seem to recall that cooler temps would power throttle the I2 with .500 firmware;  I have not updated as 70% of the year is closer to 0c than any other temp where I live.

If .510 works, and lower temps don't cause throttling, I just might upgrade when it comes out...

But since the OP is the only one we seem to know of that has firmware newer than .500 I am hoping to confirm this low temp throttle in addition to the other power restrictions noted.
2021-4-28
Use props
Matthew Dobrski
First Officer
  • >>>
Canada

DaveBurbank Posted at 4-28 03:32
Will do. Do you want me to record a video of the aircraft? Of of the iPad display?

Oh no, that is not necessary. Just make sure she's performing up to specs, that's all. Some pilots reported .0500 FW issues with premature power supply trim, i.e. in strong winds or cold weather. This may make RTH difficult in some situations...
2021-4-28
Use props
Matthew Dobrski
First Officer
  • >>>
Canada

FanOfFlight Posted at 4-28 08:17
Matthew;  I thought one of the conditions for power limiting was also "cooler" weather, if you were ambient air temps of 5c approx? I seem to recall that cooler temps would power throttle the I2 with .500 firmware;  I have not updated as 70% of the year is closer to 0c than any other temp where I live.

If .510 works, and lower temps don't cause throttling, I just might upgrade when it comes out...

The user's information about .0500 FW issues is sparse and chaotic. It is hard to tell which factor (high power demand or low temp) is causing restricted power supply. It's also hard to tell if .0500 inflicted changes are affecting all Inspires or only a random few. It is hard to tell anything for sure, as usual with DJI stuff ...
2021-4-28
Use props
FanOfFlight
Second Officer
Canada

Matthew Dobrski Posted at 4-28 12:20
The user's information about .0500 FW issues is sparse and chaotic. It is hard to tell which factor (high power demand or low temp) is causing restricted power supply. It's also hard to tell if .0500 inflicted changes are affecting all Inspires or only a random few. It is hard to tell anything for sure, as usual with DJI stuff ...

I figured,  I have been holding off on the .500 as mine is flying fine with .300 *I would have to check to be certain.   But I cant afford the power trim issues if those are real.  I hope the situation becomes clear soon.
2021-4-29
Use props
DaveBurbank
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

UPDATE:

It's 52 degrees (F) and very windy today. I sent the Inspire 2 (Firmware 01.02.0510) up to about 250 feet and recorded video for over 20 minutes with no drifting or control issues. There were plenty of high-wind warnings and at 01:20 into the flight there was a brief "Mobile device CPU fully loaded. Related performance will be affected." error. Throughout the flight the aircraft remained stable, the video was smooth, and I landed safely. (While the video was nice and stable, the FPV view showed the aircraft tilted around 40 degrees the entire time because of the high winds.)

I can put it back in the air today if there are specific things you want me to test.

Dave
2021-4-30
Use props
Joecos
Second Officer
United States

DaveBurbank Posted at 4-30 07:17
UPDATE:

It's 52 degrees (F) and very windy today. I sent the Inspire 2 (Firmware 01.02.0510) up to about 250 feet and recorded video for over 20 minutes with no drifting or control issues. There were plenty of high-wind warnings and at 01:20 into the flight there was a brief "Mobile device CPU fully loaded. Related performance will be affected." error. Throughout the flight the aircraft remained stable, the video was smooth, and I landed safely. (While the video was nice and stable, the FPV view showed the aircraft tilted around 40 degrees the entire time because of the high winds.)

Thank You for the detailed update.  Looking forward reading additional information regarding this firmware.  Maybe DJI engineers fixed the speed limitation?  Maybe the unstable hovering is fixed?
Many more bugs to list.

I will wait for more information.

2021-4-30
Use props
DaveBurbank
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

Joecos Posted at 4-30 07:49
Thank You for the detailed update.  Looking forward reading additional information regarding this firmware.  Maybe DJI engineers fixed the speed limitation?  Maybe the unstable hovering is fixed?
Many more bugs to list.

I am sorry to report that the problems you have all discussed are not fixed in the .0510 firmware. I just experienced the exact issues you describe during a test flight and the Inspire 2 has been destroyed. Damn, it's only 2 weeks old. I'll post more details later today. While I would love for DJI to send me another since this was definately related to the firmware issues you describe I wouldn't even know who to ask. ;-(
2021-4-30
Use props
Joecos
Second Officer
United States

DaveBurbank Posted at 4-30 08:06
I am sorry to report that the problems you have all discussed are not fixed in the .0510 firmware. I just experienced the exact issues you describe during a test flight and the Inspire 2 has been destroyed. Damn, it's only 2 weeks old. I'll post more details later today. While I would love for DJI to send me another since this was definately related to the firmware issues you describe I wouldn't even know who to ask. ;-(

Oh No!  I'm so sorry to hear this News.  You should get in touch with DJI support immediately and tell them what happened and be as detail as you can.  That firmware .500, was never tested thoroughly in the real world and I dont know why DJI chose to continue to use it, let alone release new inspire 2's with that firmware and rename it as 510.   DJI knows that there are issues with that firmware release.  

Please Keep us posted.
2021-4-30
Use props
DaveBurbank
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

Today I tried to evaluate whether my new Inspire 2 with Firmware 01.02.0510 has the reported issues with sudden loss of power in higher winds. My first test went flawlessly. My second test failed miserably.

I launched from the center of my driveway.
My intention was climb straight up and hover in the wind.
After 28 seconds, the aircraft lost its ability to stay in one location and started drifting away.
I was at an altitude of 51.5 ft, had 18 satellites, and 95% battery power.
All efforts to bring the aircraft back failed.
There was this error: "Battery power limit will automatically reduce the aircraft's mobility to ensure flight safety."
I was able to lower the altitude and bring the aircraft back toward my house but the sticks became unresponsive and the Inspire 2 flew directly into my house.
I am do angry at DJI right now. Please take a look at this log viewer which shows my stick position and tell me if I did anything wrong.

https://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/FRONCKW8A2ICAAGZWZ5R

Thank you for any help any of you can provide. Do you think DJI might replace the aircraft (which I purchased from Dronenerds on April 4, 2021)?
2021-4-30
Use props
DaveBurbank
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

Joecos Posted at 4-30 11:19
Oh No!  I'm so sorry to hear this News.  You should get in touch with DJI support immediately and tell them what happened and be as detail as you can.  That firmware .500, was never tested thoroughly in the real world and I dont know why DJI chose to continue to use it, let alone release new inspire 2's with that firmware and rename it as 510.   DJI knows that there are issues with that firmware release.  

Please Keep us posted.

I'd love to hear your comments on my latest post which flight log data.
2021-4-30
Use props
Blackwood
lvl.4

United States

Man I hate to hear that about your new drone.  It's bad enough when any Inspire 2 is lost, but a brand new one and because of the firmware?  That's just ridiculous!  I've been flying the Inspire 2 since it was first released.  My experience with the firmware updates is that the aircraft gets worse with every so called fix.  The very first firmware I had was the best version.  It was stable and very fast. Now, not so much.
2021-4-30
Use props
Matthew Dobrski
First Officer
  • >>>
Canada

DaveBurbank Posted at 4-30 11:30
Today I tried to evaluate whether my new Inspire 2 with Firmware 01.02.0510 has the reported issues with sudden loss of power in higher winds. My first test went flawlessly. My second test failed miserably.

I launched from the center of my driveway.

Crap ... But why the craft wasn't responding to your stick commands at Home destination??? Was she flying in self-inflicted ATTI mode perhaps, caused by compass/GPS confusion? Taking off from a driveway is not a good idea ... Well, everything is written in flight log anyway, I'm just not good analyzing these. Perhaps somebody expert on this matter will chime in ...
2021-4-30
Use props
Image Factory
lvl.2
Flight distance : 12114977 ft
  • >>>
Australia

its not showing up on assistant?
Screen Shot 2021-05-01 at 12.52.30.png
2021-4-30
Use props
FanOfFlight
Second Officer
Canada

Image Factory Posted at 4-30 18:53
its not showing up on assistant?

Not being visible in assistant was addressed earlier in the thread.  .510 is a suspected new factory load (not available yet otherwise).  We were all very interested to see if .510 fixed the power throttle.
2021-4-30
Use props
rmaxwell.dccnet
Second Officer
Flight distance : 698661 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Hello Fellow Inspire 2 flyers,

I have been following this thread for some time and have avoided up grading my firmware due to the problems everyone is describing.  However, I have experienced similar problems, but found a solution to those problems.
I use the Cendence controller to fly my Inspire 2.  I programed the customized right lever to controlPitch/Roll Max speed to adjust the gain and sensitivity of my pitch and roll joy stick.  I was flying one day and suddenly my Inspire 2 would not hold position and was drifting down wind.  It did not respond to my pitch and roll commands.  I landed safely using the left stick with no damage.  I then noticed that this problem appeared when I turned the right lever down to reduce the gain/sensitivity to the lowest setting.  As soon as I raised this setting from the minimum I regained full control.

So...is it possible that this is the problem that some people are experiencing?  If you did not know about this sensitivity setting and turned it down you could not fly in high winds and you could lose control.  As soon as you increase the gain setting, the problem goes away.

Please check this out and let me know.

Ray
2021-5-3
Use props
Joecos
Second Officer
United States

rmaxwell.dccnet Posted at 5-3 15:42
Hello Fellow Inspire 2 flyers,

I have been following this thread for some time and have avoided up grading my firmware due to the problems everyone is describing.  However, I have experienced similar problems, but found a solution to those problems.

No.  Problems have been reported using the standard (non cendence) controller.  Actually both controllers are affected by this throttle issue.

I have the cendence controller and understand what you are describing. I have programmed the shoulder dial button to do the same.    I dont believe the problem has anything to do with that setting.
2021-5-8
Use props
DaveBurbank
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

Well this is frustrating. I contacted DJI on April 30th and explained that this firmware that isn't even available for download came with my aircraft and I described the flight problem. Sent them my data for analysis and sent them the aircraft. Today they wrote me back saying it's not covered under warranty and they want $1, 400.00 to repair it.

Does anybody who reads this have any contacts at DJI that might be willing to let me explain the situation to them?
2021-5-11
Use props
Rob W
Second Officer
Flight distance : 94390 ft
  • >>>
Sweden

It was long ago I wrote to DJI about the dangerous 01.02.0500 firmware. No reply from them, no fix, and no firmware update. They give their new, small drones somewhat good support, but the real workhorse for many people - the drone people use for work to get an income, that they show of for customers, producers etc., that one they don't care about. The firmware is outright dangerous! It can cause our drones to be uncontrollable, hit buildings or people, and destroy one's business.
2021-5-11
Use props
Ground Pilot
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1539337 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Rob W Posted at 5-11 20:44
It was long ago I wrote to DJI about the dangerous 01.02.0500 firmware. No reply from them, no fix, and no firmware update. They give their new, small drones somewhat good support, but the real workhorse for many people - the drone people use for work to get an income, that they show of for customers, producers etc., that one they don't care about. The firmware is outright dangerous! It can cause our drones to be uncontrollable, hit buildings or people, and destroy one's business.

Yes it is really sad that DJI lets drones fly with dangerous software. This is very very dangerous for people and technology. Come DJI what is wrong with you. Are you really so indifferent to the Inspire 2 customers?
2021-5-12
Use props
FuriousPugs
lvl.2
United States

I had this problem in Costa Rica last year under high wind conditions. It would get to a point where it would give me that dreaded message and the craft would level out and become way under powered. I did manage to get it home each time, but only just barely. Also I was on a TV shoot, so not only was it dangerous, but incredibly embarrassing. I lodged a complaint directly with my contact at DJI and also online.
2022-11-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules