DJI Air 2S HDR Comparison Video. Look in description for links to MA2 and M2P.
3250 11 2021-4-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Live My Journey
Second Officer
Flight distance : 178806 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

https://youtu.be/sjUcSrups3c
The video, apart from scene containing a dolly zoom, has been shot in HLG profile in 5.4K resolution. I have edited it to a same song and included some similar scenes to the comparison videos i have shot last year with Mavic 2 Pro (also HLG - HDR) here: https://youtu.be/TGSk_yqi90w and Mavic Air 2 (8bit dual iso HDR) here: https://youtu.be/YFyMf8Zqkqk
In terms of editing it took the least effort to grade the Air 2s image. It is literally ready to go as you shoot it. I have limited grading to exposure correction that took me about 2 minutes for all clips in the video.
I have done no other manipulation or noise reduction. It's been exported as a 5.4K with the dolly zoom clip upscaled from 4K. The dolly zoom was done manually in the drone using the zoom feature.
2021-4-24
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

1/Air2s 2/Air2 3/M2P

2021-4-24
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

First thank you for posting great test. I have taken the liberty of embedding your links.. It might be an idea to amend your post to let others know videos below.
2021-4-24
Use props
Live My Journey
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

hallmark007 Posted at 4-24 03:05
First thank you for posting great test. I have taken the liberty of embedding your links.. It might be an idea to amend your post to let others know videos below.

Thanks a lot. I wonderd why they didn't do it automatically. It usually works fine when I do it via my computer but I used my phone this time.
2021-4-24
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Very impressive tests.  
2021-4-24
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Thanks for sharing.
2021-4-25
Use props
Live My Journey
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 4-24 04:53
Very impressive tests.

Thanks. I'm not sure if there is enough interest in HDR at the moment but filming in HLG actually gives really good results even if you want to only produce SDR. I like it a lot.
2021-4-25
Use props
jmb63
Second Officer
Flight distance : 7009439 ft
  • >>>
United States

"In terms of editing, it took the least effort to grade the Air 2s image. It is literally ready to go as you shoot it"
As you mentioned here, I have noticed the same thing...The images are pretty darn good right out of the camera both video and stills...Definitely a lot less effort and most can be shared as is!
2021-4-25
Use props
Live My Journey
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

jmb63 Posted at 4-25 06:52
In terms of editing it took the least effort to grade the Air 2s image. It is literally ready to go as you shoot it

Absolutely. By far the hardes was Mavic 2 Pro.
2021-4-25
Use props
jmb63
Second Officer
Flight distance : 7009439 ft
  • >>>
United States

Live My Journey Posted at 4-25 06:54
Absolutely. By far the hardes was Mavic 2 Pro.

I feel that this is one of the selling points for then Air2S...The same level of image quality without the editing. I agree that the M2P requires the most "tweaking" but some of that is a personal choice but that doesn't take away from the quality of the "new" camera "as shot"
2021-4-25
Use props
Live My Journey
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

jmb63 Posted at 4-25 07:00
I feel that this is one of the selling points for then Air2S...The same level of image quality without the editing. I agree that the M2P requires the most "tweaking" but some of that is a personal choice but that doesn't take away from the quality of the "new" camera "as shot"

I hated dlog m with passion and found HLG on m2p to crush shadows into a grey mess. Ended up using None profile with saturation and contrast dialed right down. Leaving HLG aside it took me 20 seconds to work out the grading on Dlog of MA2. No Hasselblad Colour Science College degree required
2021-4-25
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Live My Journey Posted at 4-25 06:39
Thanks. I'm not sure if there is enough interest in HDR at the moment but filming in HLG actually gives really good results even if you want to only produce SDR. I like it a lot.

You're very welcome.  
2021-4-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules