Mavic Mini camera not working with S21
15493 24 2021-4-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
joshjoy
lvl.1
Australia

Hi all,
I was trying to fly Mavic Mini with my new S21 for a first time. Everything works perfectly but the camera - I've been left with black screen so basically my drone is totally useless.
Was trying also with my wife's S20 and it works perfectly so the issue is 100% with the phone.
Anyone has an advice of how to fix it, or we all just need to wait for Dji Fly app update? Thanks.
2021-4-25
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there joshjoy. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reach out. Can you please try to uninstall and reinstall the DJI Fly application on your mobile device ( Samsung S21 ) for us to be able to isolate the said issue? Thank you.
2021-4-25
Use props
joshjoy
lvl.1
Australia

DJI Stephen Posted at 4-25 21:28
Hello there joshjoy. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reach out. Can you please try to uninstall and reinstall the DJI Fly application on your mobile device ( Samsung S21 ) for us to be able to isolate the said issue? Thank you.

Hi Stephen. Thanks for reaching out. I've already tried that with the same result.
2021-4-25
Use props
fansd6e0c0e4
New

United Kingdom

Hi. I'm having exactly the same issue. Have downloaded the app again but same issue.  Any ideas yet?
2021-4-26
Use props
djiuser_iPyDF6WbB64G
New
Germany

same here. Mavic Mini, S21 5G, latest update. black screen
2021-4-27
Use props
jonny007
Second Officer
Germany

As has already been written here several times : Downgrade the app, e.g 1.3.0
2021-4-27
Use props
joshjoy
lvl.1
Australia

jonny007 Posted at 4-27 11:07
As has already been written here several times : Downgrade the app, e.g 1.3.0

Is there any link to get the 1.3.0 version? Can't find it anywhere and it looks like Dji only have iOS versions available on their download page.
2021-4-27
Use props
jonny007
Second Officer
Germany

joshjoy Posted at 4-27 16:07
Is there any link to get the 1.3.0 version? Can't find it anywhere and it looks like Dji only have iOS versions available on their download page.

Here are some:  https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/dji-technology-co-ltd/dji-fly/
2021-4-28
Use props
joshjoy
lvl.1
Australia

jonny007 Posted at 4-28 00:52

That works perfectly. Camera is on again. Thanks!
2021-4-28
Use props
SCR
New

Costa Rica

Hi, having the same issues with my Samsung S21. downloaded the DJI Fly mew version, but screen is still showing completely black. I first eliminated the app completely, then it was not on the google app store, found it in on the link above, downloaded but still black screen...any ideas?
2021-6-14
Use props
djiuser_zPQTIihDaiwe
New
Flight distance : 991 ft
United Kingdom

Same here with s9
2021-7-7
Use props
leeww
lvl.1

United States

Thanks jonny007 I have Samsung Ultra 20 and that took care of it.
2021-8-25
Use props
djiuser_fbti8Bs5hneg
New

United States

Have a mini 2 using a Samsung note 20 and when trying to use the camera I get a white screen. The video works but not the camera. I reinstalled the app and still the same condition
2022-4-3
Use props
djiuser_iTQ4OmxSwqsI
lvl.1
Flight distance : 64334 ft
United Kingdom

I've got the same problem with S21 ultra. Just downloaded version 1.3.0 and my phone wont open it
2022-5-16
Use props
Gazr
lvl.1
United Kingdom

I've tried version 1.5.1 which i got told some people it was working with but it doesnt, still the same black screen.
Tried an andriod app called Rainbow for the Mini and the camera etc works fine with that app, so obviously something wrong with the DJI Fly app, loads of people having the same issues, come on DJI sort it out
2022-5-17
Use props
djiuser_FPOBmGHTqivj
lvl.1
Flight distance : 10682 ft
United States

Gazr Posted at 5-17 08:06
I've tried version 1.5.1 which i got told some people it was working with but it doesnt, still the same black screen.
Tried an andriod app called Rainbow for the Mini and the camera etc works fine with that app, so obviously something wrong with the DJI Fly app, loads of people having the same issues, come on DJI sort it out

Rainbow is working still, that is confirmed. So DJI it's on you fix this.
2022-5-18
Use props
Gazr
lvl.1
United Kingdom

djiuser_FPOBmGHTqivj Posted at 5-18 00:26
Rainbow is working still, that is confirmed. So DJI it's on you fix this.

More annoying because im new to it all and want to go out and use it but Rainbow looks so complicated for a newbie. Come on DJI, its not just me who has the problem when you read posts on facebook groups
2022-5-22
Use props
djiuser_FNeBvQNjxql3
lvl.1
Singapore

I tried to install the version just below the 1.6.1 and it works just fine.
2022-5-22
Use props
djiuser_7hk5xN7WGMqC
New

United States

I have an S21 Ultra and tried all the above and I still have the black screen even with vers 1.6.1. It works fine on my S20 G5 and S8. I have noticed nothing seems to work until wifi and mobile data are turned off. It has to be a problem with conflicting GPS on the controller and phone. Either way, Samsung S21 Ultra does not like DJI drones.
2022-5-24
Use props
Ricky Lee Moore Jr.
New

United States

I have tried to download version 1.3 to 1.42 and they crash everytime I try to open. Any other ideas?
2022-5-30
Use props
mikecanniff
New

United States

I have had the same issue with my Galaxy S22 and Mavik Mini. The earlier versions crash. Android reports back the app has a bug and can't launch. I installed Rainbow and everything works OK. I don't want to have to pay for the SW that should work out of the box from DJI. Does anyone know if DJI will be posting another update soon?
2022-5-31
Use props
djiuser_ApNl0d21zLC5
New

United States

mikecanniff Posted at 5-31 09:05
I have had the same issue with my Galaxy S22 and Mavik Mini. The earlier versions crash. Android reports back the app has a bug and can't launch. I installed Rainbow and everything works OK. I don't want to have to pay for the SW that should work out of the box from DJI. Does anyone know if DJI will be posting another update soon?

I have an s22 ultra and had to roll back to 1.5.10 from February to get my camera to work. Same site as above had the apk.
2022-7-5
Use props
djiuser_NPZDbTK9Zepo
New

Canada

I just downloaded v 1.6.  Same issue on my Samsung S22
2022-7-30
Use props
djiuser_AYaph13i7ASP
New
Flight distance : 222438 ft
United Kingdom

My mini maverick 2 won't work on my s22, how can I get it to work? Joke that you can't even download in the app store for the money you pay.
2022-10-12
Use props
Rwallecjr
New
Flight distance : 66490 ft
United States

jonny007 Posted at 2021-4-28 00:52

thanks for this
2022-10-18
Use props
Advanced