There will be any other firmware update for the P4R and the D-RTK 2?
1394 7 2021-4-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
dag4rce
lvl.2

Chile

There should be, to correct all the major bugs and the half done functions of the Drone itself, the controller and the D-RTK 2 Station. Regarding the last one... there are so many announced functions that years after, there is no clue of them in the roadmap, if there is one.
Am I the only one that feels that we have been cheated with the release of a half finished product that will never be completed?

The last firmware update was released on 21/07/2020
Would love to know your feelings about these

2021-4-26
Use props
patiam
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1118740 ft
  • >>>
United States

Completely agree. DJI has always had a way of releasing half-baked products/systems, with the hopes that the kinks will get worked out over time with firmware & software updates and better documentation.

But it seems that their accellerating product life cycles are leading more and more to users being abandoned holding gear that kind of half works.

This is no more forgivable but at least more expected in the consumer/hobbyist realm. But completely unacceptable for "professional" gear.
2021-4-27
Use props
Guille_Meinero
Second Officer

Argentina

yep ...agree !!
2021-4-27
Use props
Collin Roland
lvl.1

United States

Completely agree!
2021-4-30
Use props
patiam
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1118740 ft
  • >>>
United States

Bump to an important thread. Moderators, how about some information here? Or at least a DM w/ contact info for someone who can speak to this topic?
2021-7-8
Use props
ARMeyer
lvl.2
United States

Yeah, I'll give this thread another bump.  Has anyone heard anything?
2021-7-19
Use props
Guille_Meinero
Second Officer

Argentina

Happy one year latest P4RTK firmware!!!
2021-7-20
Use props
MedivexXx
lvl.3
Germany

Completely agree to you..
Working with the PH4RTK and the DRTK2 COULD really be great and easy but there are several points I really don't unterstand:

1. For the handheld walk with the DRTK it should not be to difficult providing a app using the phone instead of the RC..
2. Why is there no option to take photos in uncompressed RAW format..?
3. How does it come that there is almost no documentation how to use the base station, especially concerning heights..?
Setting the DRTK2 upon a well known point only allows typing in the coordinates - no CSV import, no selection of CS..?
4. Don't know how about you, but flying the PH4RTK often has a fixed RTK solution for the first one or two minutes and that the number of satellites goes down from 30 to 15 to 17 and there is not fixed RTK solution anymore so you can return home and continue after reboot?.. Anyone experienced that just as I did? Happens about 3 out of 4 flights..

I'd really be happy about some experience exchange and - haha - some updates @DJI!
2021-7-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules