My Frist TIME!!! (using an ND filter (8))
872 14 2021-4-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Akirasho
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1622238 ft
United States

2021-4-27
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Akirasho. Good day and thank you for posting this wonderful aerial video you have filmed using your DJI Air 2S with an ND filter (8). Great work and keep flying. .
2021-4-27
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Nicely done.    
2021-4-28
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

You know why to use ND filters?
In this case ND8 probably does not make any difference.
It is super bright, so you probably need at least ND32 or 64 to get a bit of motion blur in your frames.
2021-4-28
Use props
Akirasho
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1622238 ft
United States

Montfrooij Posted at 4-28 02:21
It is super bright, so you probably need at least ND32 or 64 to get a bit of motion blur in your frames.

Thanks!

Yes, I agree,  but this was mostly a test of overall use (putting it on and camera adjustments)…  Agreed, An ND 32 would have been better purely from a technique POV.  Notes in my book.
2021-4-28
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

Akirasho Posted at 4-28 04:40
Thanks!

Yes, I agree,  but this was mostly a test of overall use (putting it on and camera adjustments)…  Agreed, An ND 32 would have been better purely from a technique POV.  Notes in my book.

2021-4-28
Use props
DGCA3
lvl.4
Flight distance : 465062 ft
United States

I keep the ND4 filter on my camera at all times. Mainly to protect the camera lens, but also to reduce the sun's harshness, even if very subtly.
2021-4-28
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

DGCA3 Posted at 4-28 12:19
I keep the ND4 filter on my camera at all times. Mainly to protect the camera lens, but also to reduce the sun's harshness, even if very subtly.

There's nothing subtle about an ND4 filter.
It stops 75% of the light, leaving you with only 25% to work with.
2021-4-28
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

But what difference would "a bit of motion blur" make anyway.
Nothing with this video.
The concept is hyped way too much and newbies get the incorrect impression that it's important, when it isn't.
2021-4-28
Use props
DGCA3
lvl.4
United States

Labroides Posted at 4-28 15:53
I keep the ND4 filter on my camera at all times. Mainly to protect the camera lens, but also to reduce the sun's harshness, even if very subtly.
There's nothing subtle about an ND4 filter.
It stops 75% of the light, leaving you with only 25% to work with.

You're correct, 'subtle' is not really the right word. I meant in relation to the higher ND filters. Where I live (Bakersfield), the sun is always harsh and the landscape is usually dry. So there's a lot of light coming into that camera. I've found the ND4 to be mostly ideal to counteract, so I just leave it on. I'd remove it in low light, but I'm not really shooting when it's not bright outside.
2021-4-28
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

DGCA3 Posted at 4-28 17:57
You're correct, 'subtle' is not really the right word. I meant in relation to the higher ND filters. Where I live (Bakersfield), the sun is always harsh and the landscape is usually dry. So there's a lot of light coming into that camera. I've found the ND4 to be mostly ideal to counteract, so I just leave it on. I'd remove it in low light, but I'm not really shooting when it's not bright outside.

If you are shooting stills, there's no need to use a filter to manage exposure, even in bright conditions.
2021-4-28
Use props
GaryDoug
First Officer
Flight distance : 1264639 ft
  • >>>
United States

Nice captures of the trolly buses switching lines.
2021-4-28
Use props
DGCA3
lvl.4
United States

Labroides Posted at 4-28 18:12
If you are shooting stills, there's no need to use a filter to manage exposure, even in bright conditions.

I'm not shooting stills.
2021-4-28
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

Labroides Posted at 4-28 15:58
But what difference would "a bit of motion blur" make anyway.
Nothing with this video.

You are right. I was trying to be gentle.
Just look for my many comments on this forum about ND filters.
Very much overrated.
There is a lot of other things that contribute to the quality of a video before the last 5% that a ND filter can give you.
I think I only used my ND filters 1% of the time on my MP (I did not bother buying them for the M2)
Flying slow and smooth solves most issues.
So unless you need to fly fast and low, the need for ND filters is minimal.
2021-4-28
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

DGCA3 Posted at 4-28 20:55
I'm not shooting stills.

And if you're shooting video, the concept of creating motion blur is very much over hyped and, with a drone, mostly unnecessary.
Compare with and without.
See if there's any actual improvement.
2021-4-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules