13451 46 2021-4-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Alan M
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1581581 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

From the last 2 updates my Mini 2 keeps on disconnecting when I'm only 3 foot away or any distance. The screen will blackout then RTH and after 30 seconds the screen comes back. I've only flown the drone around 6 times in different locations 100 miles apart.

I've raised a ticket with DJI support but not heard a thing yet so I'm wondering if there is a fix or anyone else having this problem.

Thanks
2021-4-28
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Alan M. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. May we know what is the model of the mobile device you are using please? Can you please fly your DJI Mini 2  to a different location to see if the issue will still persist? The said DJI drone might have picked up magnetic interference from the area. That might be the reason why you are experiencing these issues. In addition, I will post a diagram on how to get optimal transmission for your DJI Mini 2. Thank you.

2021-4-28
Use props
Alan M
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DJI Stephen Posted at 4-28 20:54
Hello there Alan M. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. May we know what is the model of the mobile device you are using please? Can you please fly your DJI Mini 2  to a different location to see if the issue will still persist? The said DJI drone might have picked up magnetic interference from the area. That might be the reason why you are experiencing these issues. In addition, I will post a diagram on how to get optimal transmission for your DJI Mini 2. Thank you.

[view_image]

Hi Stephen thanks for the reply, I did state I’ve flown the drone in one location and it disconnected and in another which was 100 miles apart. The disconnection is an error with either the controller or craft as I’m only sometimes 4 feet away.

Alan
2021-4-28
Use props
djiuser_fORDza3Xufck
lvl.1
Flight distance : 172198 ft
  • >>>
Canada

I've been having exactly the same troubles now for months, the drone has become so unreliable I'm afraid to use it for anything that involves a moving subject or water as I have no idea when the app is going to decide to crash. This is not in anyway a user error, this is 100% a software issue. The drone will disconnect randomly in any environment and at any distance from the remote, again rendering the drone nearly inoperable.
2021-7-1
Use props
Abel nt
lvl.4
Flight distance : 77398 ft
Spain

Here app Crash but controller work., I can fly without app and return/reconnect
Its a problem with software...
2021-7-1
Use props
jayaston1988
New

United Kingdom

I have also been finding this random low signal and disconnections when the mini 2 has been 80mtrs above with the transmitter at various angles there’s no pattern and nothing obvious around which would cause interference
2021-8-12
Use props
empd3083
New
Flight distance : 85105 ft
United States

I am also having this issue. I've had the DJI Mini 2 for about one week and experienced this problem multiple times. Randomly and from different geographic locations. I'm willing to work with support and supply flight logs, app data, screenshot photos, whatever is needed to help resolve the issue. Thanks!
2021-8-20
Use props
Bashy
Captain
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Not one of you mention (at the very least the top one);

• device make/model?
  • android version?
  • FCC or CE? (including forced FCC, could be important)
  • was the Fly app upgraded prior to this issue?
  • was the Mini 2 firmware upgraded prior to this issue?
2021-8-20
Use props
MBSL500
lvl.4
United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 4-28 20:54

[view_image]

Are you going to respond with the same answer to the others in this thread
with the same issue?

Your credibility would improve considerably if you would just admit the current Fly App is responsible for the issue...and your crack team of enginneers are working on a fix.

2021-8-20
Use props
Bashy
Captain
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

MBSL500 Posted at 8-20 16:36
Are you going to respond with the same answer to the others in this thread
with the same issue?

What folks need to realise is that the DJI staff on the forum are only really Media Relations, they relay messages if and when needed and can only relay information that is given to them, if they have not been told about a fix then they are unable to let us know, however, there is another version of the app available, the info is in one of the other app issue threads.
2021-8-20
Use props
TwentyThrill
lvl.4
Flight distance : 257133 ft
South Korea

Had the same problem today, fully disconnected twice while in flight at 100% RC signal, no idea if it's the app, the done or the RC.
2021-9-14
Use props
hunterws
Second Officer
Flight distance : 382536 ft
United States

TwentyThrill Posted at 9-14 07:43
Had the same problem today, fully disconnected twice while in flight at 100% RC signal, no idea if it's the app, the done or the RC.

It's the app.  Simple math.  Mini2 worked great until the update, now problems.
2021-9-14
Use props
simone.rva
lvl.1
Flight distance : 303461 ft
Switzerland

Abel nt Posted at 7-1 01:05
Here app Crash but controller work., I can fly without app and return/reconnect
Its a problem with software...

I have been experiencing the same problem.
The drone is a few feet away and all of a sudden the app disconnects but the remote controls work.

Normally the problem resolves when I restart the app.

The problem is clearly software because the drone was very close and the signal very good.
2021-9-15
Use props
aclock81
lvl.1
Flight distance : 19370 ft
Italy

Hi all, I've the same exact problem with my Mini2 (CE version).
-Latest firmware v01.03.0000 (updated drone, RC and batteries)
-Latest app version (1.4.8)
-iphone 12 pro max

It is currently totally unreliable and I'm scaried to use it as it lose control randomly in all environments (urban or in the middle of nowhere, it doesn't change).
This happens even at a distance of less than 10m and the drone no longer responds to commands and sets the automatic return home (after 20-30 seconds signal return).
I'm subject to this problem since the last month. Earlier I have never had any connection problem.

I really don't know what to do and at the moment I'm using my mini 2 as paperweight as I really don't want to fly unsafely.

Any news from DJI?
2021-9-15
Use props
fansdcddbfa5
lvl.1
Flight distance : 19370 ft
Italy

Dear all,
please note I spoke with DJI assistance and they suggested me to recalibrate the IMU. I've followed the procedure (please ensure to do it in a fresh place and on a perfectly flat surface).
Believe it or not, the last 2 flights were perfect: no disconnections at all!

I really hope this annoying problem will never occur again.
2021-9-22
Use props
djiuser_nF9jZxKFO3uj
New
Flight distance : 533241 ft
India

I am getting the same issue with my mavic air 2 since last 2 weeks I haven't did any update or anything not sure why it's happening. Please help me if anyone know how to fix this.
2022-1-3
Use props
Joe Cicero
New

United States

Has anyone had any luck because I am getting this in my firmware is updated, I even have a new phone, and a new cord that is OEM from DJI and it is still happening. It will fly for about a minute and then disconnect. I either have to unplug it from my phone, or it will return to home automatically.
2022-2-12
Use props
djiuser_b8Eu3zy45YvM
New

Australia

This thread gives me hope! My son crashed his/our new Mini 2 drone on the first day operating it saying it lost connection and crashed into the side of our house.  The drone has been sent back to DJI who won’t do anything about it.
2022-2-22
Use props
ThreeStar
lvl.2
Flight distance : 33176 ft
United States

I had the same roblem and couldnt resolve it. I sent the drone and controller back to DJI and they found the issue was with the controller and replaced it. Now I have no connectivity issues at all.
2022-2-22
Use props
ShiuRao
lvl.3
Flight distance : 185673 ft
New Zealand

I am also having this issue. I've had the DJI Mini 2 for about one week and experienced this problem multiple times
2022-2-23
Use props
fansb514ad5a
New
Flight distance : 135453 ft
Trinidad and Tobago

My DJI mini 2 disconnected from the controller in flight and went away and crashed.
This is totally annoying.
2022-6-27
Use props
fans8489d44d
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1010446 ft
Italy

I have found that it disconnect after about 10 second from start the first recording. If, after reconnect,  you cancel RTH, you can start and stop recording without any issue
2022-7-11
Use props
djiuser_L5f7rKxVmeRk
New

Philippines

I have the same issue. I stored my Drone for nearly 2 months. When I decided to use it it asked me to update which I did. Then I have this issue. 2 meters away then I get disconnected. I found out that when I set it in manual and select 2.4 ghz. The signal is stable. But still I'm not confident flying my Drone.
2022-7-12
Use props
fans8489d44d
lvl.3
Italy

As i wrote in the other thread, the culprit is the sd card. I replaced the card and I have not had any more disconnections
2022-7-13
Use props
Alan M
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

What SD card did you have? And what did you go to?  Thanks
2022-7-13
Use props
fans8489d44d
lvl.3
Italy

Sorry, no more problems also with the same sd card but after format on mini2.  There was a corupted file that restart trasmission during fly. Now all works again
2022-7-13
Use props
Mr.Cinema
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1105036 ft
Philippines

I have the same issue after updating, and I can prove it with my flight logs before and after updates
and I can only hope for a fix for this problem because as of now I can't fly it without anxiety...

2022-7-21
Use props
Mambawamba
lvl.1
Flight distance : 28596 ft

Costa Rica

My mini 2 does the sake, disconnects mid air. All of the sudden
2022-7-25
Use props
carlospaivaTV
lvl.3
Flight distance : 214177 ft
Portugal

Mambawamba Posted at 7-25 09:54

people must say , firmware, app version and android or iphone
2022-7-25
Use props
fateofangel
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1397238 ft
Poland

I have the same, maybe from the last week, i posted the thread here https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... D582%26typeid%3D582
I almost lost my drone during this  glitches https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=270053

You all guys have an Iphone?
I am not sure if its not bugging after updating IOS from 1.5.5 to 1.5.6

2022-7-25
Use props
FabioV
Second Officer
Flight distance : 961437 ft
Italy

fateofangel Posted at 7-25 14:10
I have the same, maybe from the last week, i posted the thread here https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... D582%26typeid%3D582
I almost lost my drone during this  glitches https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=270053

The phone app has nothing to do do with RC disconnections. You can pilot your Mini 2 also removing the phone cable. But the phone can generate interferences. I usually suggest to turn into airplane mode when flying.
2022-7-26
Use props
FabioV
Second Officer
Flight distance : 961437 ft
Italy

carlospaivaTV Posted at 7-25 10:32
people must say , firmware, app version and android or iphone

And also the distance ...
2022-7-26
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 12225059 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

fateofangel Posted at 7-25 14:10

Hi,

To have a solid connection you need to have a direct line of sight RC > Drone.
If hampered bt trees etc signal is easily lost....
Flying far and low is recipe for loosing signal as well.

If you stayed during the flight at the starting point i am not surprised to see so many disconnects.

cheers
JJB
analysis2.png
2022-7-26
Use props
fateofangel
Second Officer
Poland

JJB* Posted at 7-26 08:51
Hi,

To have a solid connection you need to have a direct line of sight RC > Drone.

we were moving, but as you said terrain was still obstructed when the river curves
2022-7-26
Use props
fateofangel
Second Officer
Poland

FabioV Posted at 7-26 08:27
The phone app has nothing to do do with RC disconnections. You can pilot your Mini 2 also removing the phone cable. But the phone can generate interferences. I usually suggest to turn into airplane mode when flying.

There is a disconection in the title but in the description people says about black screens, it is just loosing the ability to steer, ppl dont know exatly what is happening, that may both happen, signal loose and the app crash combo
2022-7-26
Use props
fateofangel
Second Officer
Poland

FabioV Posted at 7-26 08:27

If you start to fly without the phone it is possible only in 30m distance. I am not sure if it is possible to fly  without app when the phone is lost in further distance.. maybe its just starting RTH - i need to test it, maybe you are right and it is possible to fly "blindly" in manual mode after app crash, i dont know beacuse i was restarting / force exiting it few times, but having the black screen - the cable was connected all the time so it may be not the same situation as you describe
2022-7-26
Use props
barry6947
lvl.1
Flight distance : 179311 ft
United Kingdom

Mambawamba Posted at 7-25 09:54

My Mini SE has just started disconnecting.  I'm using a Samsung S9 Edge, software version 10.  Flew for a few minutes then it displayed that it was disconnected.  Pressed RTH - nothing!  I was over water but had line of sight so I flew it back manually using the map in the bottom left corner.  Would not reconnect until I shut down the drone, the app and the controller and started again.  Same thing happened when only 20 metres away.
2022-8-1
Use props
djiuser_TPRkgIP02CM3
lvl.1

Philippines

Same thing that happened to my mini 2. It disconnected in less than 10m. It almost landed on the roof of the house near to me because I took off at the side of the house. The rth took of but i cant control it. Good thing i restarted the remote and before it land it connected to the remote and I maneuver and hand catch it but the roof is only few meters high and the signal is red, not even a bar. Its not the app because im using the old firmware before the war. I dont remember the version and this thing happend. I updated the firmware and flyapp. I also formatted the sd card. I also calibrated the IMU and compass Now and still disconnecting. What else can we Do DJI? Take note we know how to fly this drone I even range test it past 4km in single way before. I never crashed it . Always hand catch it(to avoid dust). How to troubleshoot it DJI? Pls don't send picture how to fly this drone because we already know that. The remote is disconnecting to the drone thats the problem.
2022-11-9
Use props
djiuser_TPRkgIP02CM3
lvl.1

Philippines

I almost lost my mini2 again today. The distance increased when I set it to 2.4Ghz but when i thought everything is ok already i tried to set it back to dual mode and the drone disconnects again. You cant set it back to 2.4Ghz once the remote and the drone disconnects. I flew near the coast this time good thing I updated the homepoint away from water because the rth took off again and i got no control over the drone. All RTH this time. What is taking DJI too long to resolve this or even reply to this thread???
2022-11-9
Use props
djiuser_rQbu4ehqKHdY
New

India

Hi, I am using Mini-2 since 3 months but from last 2 days this same issue happened. The drone and RC get disconnected repeatedly even I put them both closely together.
I have checked the transmission section also in setting. Its in dual band but below the lines were always flactuating. It became so irritating and unreliable now.
I am from India. I have tried the same drone in many areas which are almost 50-70 kms distant but the same problem persists.
It feels like I have wasted mh money on DJI.
Please fix this issue or else atleast provide a solution over online.
2022-11-28
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules