Drone drifts a lot in gps mode now. Use to sit completely still
669 4 2021-4-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Bnail84
lvl.1
Flight distance : 15095 ft
United States

i crashed my p4p.  not sure how.  just flying around, returning home.  out of no where it was like it went stupid and just flipped upside down and fell to the ground  wayyyyy out of warranty.  only issues that looked bad was landing gear, 1 motor, 1 prop, gimbal yawl arm bent.  i replaced all 4 motors becuase they was so cheap anyways, plus replaced all other parts i mentioned.  firmware, calibration with compass and imu.  numerous times.   another thing i dont remember noticing b4 the crash was how quick the drone went into p-gps mode after start up.  i remember it entering gps mode with 14+ satellites almost instantly after start up.  now after the wreck, it stays in atti mode for a couple mins then catches gps mode.  area i fly in is the same.  i tried going thru the logs to c if there was anything i could see that would be causing the drone not to fly stable.   even when i go in 1 direction it drifts a little.  can anyone help me with decifering the logs?

flight viewer

https://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/4S691MEVZ40ZZBYLL1ND
2021-4-28
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Bnail84. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out.  Since there was a crash that happened before on your DJI phantom 4 Pro and now you are having this issue on the said DJI drone. It would be best to contact our DJI support team at https://www.dji.com/support for further assistance. We have a team that will do there best to check the said DJI drone and give out the best resolution for this issue. Again I am sorry for this trouble and thank you.
2021-4-28
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

If when you hover it starts to drift I would change the props out.
2021-4-28
Use props
Bnail84
lvl.1
United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 4-28 21:36
Hello there Bnail84. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out.  Since there was a crash that happened before on your DJI phantom 4 Pro and now you are having this issue on the said DJI drone. It would be best to contact our DJI support team at https://www.dji.com/support for further assistance. We have a team that will do there best to check the said DJI drone and give out the best resolution for this issue. Again I am sorry for this trouble and thank you.

Im trying to not have to pay arm and a leg to have it repaired nor to send it off for 3 months. I will if i have too but i feel like I'm fully capable of fixing myself if i could pinpoint the the cause of the issue. Its kind of like the esc’s isn't talking to the main controller properly or fast enough to fine tune each motor fast enough to keep it still.  However i have 0 errors on my flight other than 2.4ghz interference which doesn't matter as i go to 5.8 and all interference disappears, obviously.
2021-4-29
Use props
Bnail84
lvl.1
United States

DAFlys Posted at 4-28 23:55
If when you hover it starts to drift I would change the props out.

Ill try that out. Hard time believing thats it. I had low noise props on it and it was really drifty. I put regular props on and it got a little bit better, but not by much. Ill throw on a brand new set and see what happens. Thx for the suggestion
2021-4-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules