1620 18 2021-5-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Suren
Captain
Flight distance : 13425892 ft
  • >>>
New Zealand

Looks like the Hubsan mini pro is getting ready to lauch to the market, its official the mini2 has competition now.

2021-5-1
Use props
GaryDoug
First Officer
Flight distance : 1264639 ft
  • >>>
United States

I wonder what color "Gary" is on the remote?
2021-5-1
Use props
CemAygun
Second Officer
Flight distance : 810 ft
Philippines

Mini already "had" competition, it is called Fimi X8 Mini There are couple of threads about it in the forum, and here is a review (no affiliation to the channel or the brand). Hubsan one on the other hand, seems a bit too good to be true...

2021-5-1
Use props
Suren
Captain
  • >>>
New Zealand

GaryDoug Posted at 5-1 19:20
I wonder what color "Gary" is on the remote?

hahahaha Good catch
2021-5-1
Use props
Suren
Captain
  • >>>
New Zealand

CemAygun Posted at 5-1 20:06
Mini already "had" competition, it is called Fimi X8 Mini  There are couple of threads about it in the forum, and here is a review (no affiliation to the channel or the brand). Hubsan one on the other hand, seems a bit too good to be true...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CTREeweZSdw

I saw this drone video, not very overly impressed with it
2021-5-1
Use props
CemAygun
Second Officer
Philippines

Suren Posted at 5-1 20:59
I saw this drone video, not very overly impressed with it

It has a smaller sensor compared to Mini 2 (which is bound to cause some issues), it is not under 250gr until the LiPo battery comes out, and it definitely looks cheap . Yet on the software side it basically has everything everyone has been asking for from DJI; like tracking, controller EXP settings etc. etc.
2021-5-1
Use props
yogi053
Second Officer
Flight distance : 26104915 ft
United Kingdom

IF, and it is a BIG IF , the specs are correct, it would be very serious competition indeed! When does it launch? Only thing to do is wait and see!
2021-5-2
Use props
Suren
Captain
  • >>>
New Zealand

yogi053 Posted at 5-2 02:02
IF, and it is a BIG IF , the specs are correct, it would be very serious competition indeed! When does it launch? Only thing to do is wait and see!

I only found another video leaking the price at $449 USD, not sure about sell date
2021-5-2
Use props
Nidge
Second Officer

United Kingdom

I think that unless the Hubsan and Fimi can get on the same shelves as DJI products, I can buy a Mini2 from my local supermarket,  they won’t be able to compete in sales, even if they surpassed the performance of the Mini2.
2021-5-2
Use props
CemAygun
Second Officer
Philippines

yogi053 Posted at 5-2 02:02
IF, and it is a BIG IF , the specs are correct, it would be very serious competition indeed! When does it launch? Only thing to do is wait and see!

Captain Drone shows most of the functions in action, so I guess the product lives up to their claims. I don't know when it would be readily available though...

PS: I don't know how windy it was when he shot this video (he says it is "very" windy) but one thing I have noticed is that the video from the drone is not very stable. Either the drone is moving around a lot or the gimbal is not doing it's job well...

2021-5-2
Use props
AlexanderK
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2023829 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

I'll judge it on the quality of the footage when it comes out but for the specs peepers... only jpg in photo mode?
2021-5-2
Use props
Suren
Captain
  • >>>
New Zealand

AlexanderK Posted at 5-2 21:46
I'll judge it on the quality of the footage when it comes out but for the specs peepers... only jpg in photo mode?

https://www.hubsan.com/na/index. ... mp;products_id=1266
2021-5-2
Use props
AlexanderK
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2023829 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Suren Posted at 5-2 21:56
https://www.hubsan.com/na/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=79&products_id=1266

So what do I do with that link? Same as the overview in the posted video. "Photo format: JPEG".
Specs are fine, let's wait for some serieous footage from pref independent reviewers and no sponsored stuff (I I'll watch reviews of people who actually make film/photos and don't just fly around to make some 15 min review videos).

2021-5-2
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Specs look really good.  Now just have to wait and see some unbiased video reviews.  Thanks for sharing Suren.
2021-5-3
Use props
Suren
Captain
  • >>>
New Zealand

DowntownRDB Posted at 5-3 04:22
Specs look really good.  Now just have to wait and see some unbiased video reviews.  Thanks for sharing Suren.

Thanks mate, yeah I also want to see the reviews, will probably get one if its any good for my son.
2021-5-3
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Suren Posted at 5-3 11:16
Thanks mate, yeah I also want to see the reviews, will probably get one if its any good for my son.

You're welcome.  Looking forward to the reviews.
2021-5-4
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Yeah, I read about it (and watched some vids on it)
2021-5-7
Use props
Turbo1ed
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1322582 ft
Canada

How is the customer service with Hubsan? Although DJI is far from perfect, at least they stand behind their product, provide firmware updates, sell replacement parts, and have good quality. Hubsan was known to sell cheap toy copies, now they are trying to get serious, but they barely have a decent website to begin with. I would think twice before throwing 459$ for maybe a slightly better spec product but no support.
2021-6-15
Use props
Suren
Captain
  • >>>
New Zealand

Turbo1ed Posted at 6-15 18:23
How is the customer service with Hubsan? Although DJI is far from perfect, at least they stand behind their product, provide firmware updates, sell replacement parts, and have good quality. Hubsan was known to sell cheap toy copies, now they are trying to get serious, but they barely have a decent website to begin with. I would think twice before throwing 459$ for maybe a slightly better spec product but no support.

Hubsan customer service is terrible. My first drone was a Hubsan and it flew away never to be seen again on the 2nd flight. They do not respond to emails nothing.
2021-6-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules