Mavic 2 Pro battery care ?
622 7 2021-5-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Losfame
lvl.1

Bulgaria

Hi folks,i am new here...i got Mavic 2 pro since 2 weeks ago.
I've read couple of times the manual about battery store and care,but i still have some trouble understating all.

-When i fly i charge my battery to 100%,i use it till 30% ot 25% and i land,after that i remove the battery and leave it at 30% or 25% for 3-5 days and then again i charge it to 100% if i fly the same day.Is is Ok to store the battery for 3-5 days at 30-25% ?Or i should charge it
to 50-60%,and the day when i fly to charge it again to 100% ?

Thank you !And sorry for my English,i am not native speaker !

2021-5-4
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Losfame. Good day and thank you for reaching out. To store your DJI Mavic 2 Pro's intelligent flight batteries kindly please follow these steps below. Thank you.

1. Discharge the battery to 40%-60% if it will not be used for 10 days or more, extend the battery life. The battery automatically discharges to below 60% when it is idle for more than 10 days to prevent it from swelling. It takes approximately four days to discharge the battery to 60%. It is normal that you may feel moderate heat emitting from the battery during the discharging process.
2. DO NOT store the battery for an extended period after fully discharging it. Doing so may over-discharge the battery and cause irreparable battery cell damage.
3. The battery will enter hibernation mode if depleted and stored for a long period. Recharge the said DJI battery to bring it out of hibernation.
4. Remove batteries from the aircraft when stored for an extended period.
2021-5-4
Use props
Losfame
lvl.1

Bulgaria

DJI Stephen Posted at 5-4 19:06
Hello there Losfame. Good day and thank you for reaching out. To store your DJI Mavic 2 Pro's intelligent flight batteries kindly please follow these steps below. Thank you.

1. Discharge the battery to 40%-60% if it will not be used for 10 days or more, extend the battery life. The battery automatically discharges to below 60% when it is idle for more than 10 days to prevent it from swelling. It takes approximately four days to discharge the battery to 60%. It is normal that you may feel moderate heat emitting from the battery during the discharging process.

Thanks for the repply !But...if my battery is at 50-60 % and i want to fly,i should charge it from 50-60 % to 100%,or first use it till drops do 25% ?
2021-5-4
Use props
JohnDG
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1097270 ft
Malaysia

Losfame Posted at 5-4 21:57
Thanks for the repply !But...if my battery is at 50-60 % and i want to fly,i should charge it from 50-60 % to 100%,or first use it till drops do 25% ?

Charge it 100% before flying.

The reduced level is only significant for storing your batteries. It prolongs the life span.
2021-5-5
Use props
Losfame
lvl.1

Bulgaria

JohnDG Posted at 5-5 03:12
Charge it 100% before flying.

The reduced level is only significant for storing your batteries. It prolongs the life span.

Thanks for the feedback !
2021-5-5
Use props
The Dude in DB
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1371919 ft
  • >>>
Hong Kong

Hi Losfame. I have had my 5 batteries for a long time and they are still in good shape. No swelling, etc. That’s how I do it:
  • I bought a third party charger, which charges 4 batteries in parallel. But the charging power per battery is lower as dumb serial charger from DJI. To charge 4 batteries from 60% storage capacity takes around 1:20 hrs.
  • I bought dischargers from Taobao which discharge the batteries from 100% to 60% in 2 hrs in case I didn't use the batteries after I have charged them.
  • I usually charge my batteries after a flight to 60% storage when the batteries have cooled down.
  • I charge the batteries most of the time just before I go flying.

I hope you find this information useful. Generally I recommend to get a third party charger which is capable of storage charge. The DJI chargers are ridiculously low tech and downright terrible.
2021-5-7
Use props
Losfame
lvl.1

Bulgaria

The Dude in DB Posted at 5-7 18:25
Hi Losfame. I have had my 5 batteries for a long time and they are still in good shape. No swelling, etc. That’s how I do it:
  • I bought a third party charger, which charges 4 batteries in parallel. But the charging power per battery is lower as dumb serial charger from DJI. To charge 4 batteries from 60% storage capacity takes around 1:20 hrs.

• Yes this is what i needed,thank you so much for this information !
    2021-5-8
    Use props
    The Dude in DB
    lvl.3
    Flight distance : 1371919 ft
    • >>>
    Hong Kong

Losfame Posted at 5-8 04:13
    Yes this is what i needed,thank you so much for this information !

You're welcome, Losfame
    2021-5-8
    Use props
    Advanced
    You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules