So.... What actually IS the point of the nose LED on the Mini 2
1185 9 2021-5-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
PhasedSpaces
lvl.4
Flight distance : 185463 ft
United Kingdom

A Gimmick or does it actually provide a real use, that user feedback for the original Mini, was a feature everyone was screaming out to have..?
OR, just to stir the pot, 'could' DJI have instead put forward facing collision avoidance sensors there, that everyone WAS screaming out to have? -  ESP given that with the Lipo battery, the Mini 2 is actually around 241-2g in takeoff weight now ... Plenty of room weight/mass-wise to add componants weighting a couple of grammes?
This begs the question, 'could' DJI have put forward facing sensors in instead of a 'flashy'l LED thing, & still kept the drone below 249g?
Just asking.......

2021-5-5
Use props
yogi053
Second Officer
Flight distance : 26104915 ft
United Kingdom

Yep! I wondered why they would go to all that trouble to have a multi-coloured, different action LED on the front of the Mini 2. After all, it doesn't really serve any real purpose, does it?
2021-5-5
Use props
HomePoint
Second Officer
Flight distance : 776007 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

My computer has LED RGB lights that do not serve a purpose, I like them though.  
2021-5-5
Use props
videoeditman
Second Officer
Flight distance : 6713271 ft
United States

The LED is also a button, I don't currently remember what it does. Also in the dark you could tell which way it is facing. what else???
2021-5-5
Use props
dingo_do
lvl.4
Flight distance : 78780 ft
United Kingdom

videoeditman Posted at 5-5 10:10
The LED is also a button, I don't currently remember what it does. Also in the dark you could tell which way it is facing. what else???

The one on the back is a button, the one on the front is not.
2021-5-5
Use props
videoeditman
Second Officer
Flight distance : 6713271 ft
United States

dingo_do Posted at 5-5 11:29
The one on the back is a button, the one on the front is not.

You are correct, that's what happens when you don't use it a night!
2021-5-5
Use props
lacibaci
Second Officer
Flight distance : 235682 ft
United States

Adding collision avoidance would add a lot of CPU load and battery drain. Also, why would anyone buy Magic Air if Mini could do the same?
2021-5-5
Use props
GaryDoug
First Officer
Flight distance : 1264639 ft
  • >>>
United States

OP: It needs two sensors for OA in one direction (1 transmitter and 1 receiver) and they would be much larger than that one LED.
2021-5-5
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there PhasedSpaces. Good day and thank you for these information you have posted. The DJI Mini's front LED shows the orientation of the said DJI drone and pulses white when the aircraft is powered on. Thank you.

2021-5-5
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

The rumour was that slot was going to be forward sensor but it wasn't ready on time.
2021-5-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules