My second DJI mini 2 on the same tablet and same account?
4194 9 2021-5-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
AdriA3
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2656857 ft
Netherlands

I fly with the DJI mini 2 several months now. I linked this mini 2 to the remote controller. Both are linked to my DJI-account and Care refresh (also with the fly-away couverage).

Now I bought a second DJI mini 2 and a two years care-refresh. I want to fly the new one with the same tablet (Galaxy Tab S7) as the first one. So I want to fly both mini 2's in the same DJI-Fly app. Is this possible?
Or do I need a new DJI account for my new DJI mini 2? Or can I fly the new one with my already existing DJI account?
I looked at the DJI-Fly app, but I can't see anything in there to link a new DJI mini 2 next to my new DJI mini 2.

Does anybody has experience with (of course seperatly) flying two of the same DJI-drones (with two remote controllers) whithin the same DJI account and DJI Fly-app?

2021-5-5
Use props
jcheadlee
lvl.1
Flight distance : 16942 ft
United States

Yes, I recently have been flying 2 mini 2's with the same tablet and same remote all in the same app.  you can filter on serial number in the flight logs.
2021-5-5
Use props
yogi053
Second Officer
Flight distance : 26104915 ft
United Kingdom

jcheadlee Posted at 5-5 08:39
Yes, I recently have been flying 2 mini 2's with the same tablet and same remote all in the same app.  you can filter on serial number in the flight logs.

Thanks for that info. I'm thinking of buying a 2nd Mini 2 but I reckon on buying another combo. You can never have too many batteries and should the worst happen then I wouldn't have to miss out on flying whilst waiting for repair/replacement.
2021-5-5
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

There's no problem flying multiple drones on the same phone or tablet.
2021-5-5
Use props
GaryDoug
First Officer
Flight distance : 1264639 ft
  • >>>
United States

The only "problem" is that you will have to re-link when you change drones. Takes a minute or less. I have two Minis, a Mini 2 and two MA2's and do that all the time using just two controllers and tablets.
2021-5-5
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, AdriA3. Thanks for reaching out! You can use the same DJI account and tablet that you've used on your original DJI Mini 2 to your second DJI Mini 2. Just kindly activate your second DJI Mini 2 using the same DJI Account and tablet to continue.
2021-5-6
Use props
AdriA3
lvl.2
Netherlands

DJI Gamora Posted at 5-6 00:01
Hi, AdriA3. Thanks for reaching out! You can use the same DJI account and tablet that you've used on your original DJI Mini 2 to your second DJI Mini 2. Just kindly activate your second DJI Mini 2 using the same DJI Account and tablet to continue.

Thanks! Now I did and it works! Thank you. Care-refresh with fly away coverage worked too.

But: For my first DJI mini 2, I changed the name of my drone in the DJI Fly app.
For the second drone I want  to change the name too, but it didnt work. When I go to the DJI Fly app and I connect the controller and mini 2, I go to 'about' and I see the name of the drone: DJI mini 2. And I see a pencil. But it seems not possible to give my new drone a name.
What do I do wrong? How to give my new mini 2 a name?
2021-5-6
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

AdriA3 Posted at 5-6 02:20
Thanks! Now I did and it works! Thank you. Care-refresh with fly away coverage worked too.

But: For my first DJI mini 2, I changed the name of my drone in the DJI Fly app.

Can you confirm what exactly happened upon attempting to rename your new DJI Mini 2? If you could upload a screen recording of the process you're doing, that'll be appreciated.
2021-5-6
Use props
AdriA3
lvl.2
Netherlands

DJI Gamora Posted at 5-6 23:29
Can you confirm what exactly happened upon attempting to rename your new DJI Mini 2? If you could upload a screen recording of the process you're doing, that'll be appreciated.

Problem solved! I use a Galaxy Tab S7 for my drones. At home I use a keyboard for my tablet. When I want to change the name of the mini 2, I used this keyboard also. Today I tried without keyboard, and it works now! Thank you!

Yesterday, when I activated my mini 2, I had to link my new drone to the Care-refresh. It was no problem. It works fine. Except my name.
My name is Adri van der Brug. But it was not possible to use the spaces between the names.
So I linked it as:  AdrivanderBrug (and correct emailadres). With no space.
(Maybe this was because the keyboard also, hihi.)

I hope, when I have to use my guarantee or Care-refresh, this little "name issue' will be no problem.

2021-5-7
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

AdriA3 Posted at 5-7 04:58
Problem solved! I use a Galaxy Tab S7 for my drones. At home I use a keyboard for my tablet. When I want to change the name of the mini 2, I used this keyboard also. Today I tried without keyboard, and it works now! Thank you!

Yesterday, when I activated my mini 2, I had to link my new drone to the Care-refresh. It was no problem. It works fine. Except my name.

That's good to know and glad that this has been sorted out.

The name shouldn't be a hindrance using the DJI Care Refresh as long as you have activated it in the correct DJI unit and using your active email address.
2021-5-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules