Lost drone
946 7 2015-7-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Numpty clive
lvl.2

United Kingdom

Hi, today I lost my phantom. Set it on a way point mission using litchi and it never came back home. The find my phantom on dji is showing my house as that's the last location I was at when using it. Any ideas please?
2015-7-18
Use props
johnwarr
First Officer
Flight distance : 6467 ft
United Kingdom

Ideas ? Not much to do other than follow the planned route and search for it hoping it has not crashed into anything expensive or hurt anyone.
If for some reason it lost GPS in-flight it would have auto-landed and could just be sat in a field somewhere waiting for you.
What sort of area was the flight over ?
Recommendations for your next aircraft, follow the CAA guidelines and maintain visual line of sight at all times, use the DJI app with the safe 500m range restriction.
2015-7-18
Use props
Numpty clive
lvl.2

United Kingdom

johnwarr@live.c Posted at 2015-7-19 03:20
Ideas ? Not much to do other than follow the planned route and search for it hoping it has not crash ...

How do you know it was over the 500m????  Fyi it's over fields.
2015-7-18
Use props
johnwarr
First Officer
Flight distance : 6467 ft
United Kingdom

Because if it was under 500m you would have been able to keep it in sight and you would have had the video feed to see where it was.

Anyway, if it was less than 500m and over fields, then you should be able to find it easily, take the last point you had video and go from there following the planed route.

Are you sure you set enough altitude to clear any trees or other obstacles on the way ?

How long into the mission did you lose fpv ?
2015-7-18
Use props
roy
Second Officer

United States

Calculate the flight path and distance. If you know that the alltitude cleared all obstacles then you should be able to follow the flight path and determine battery power distance you may want to start a reverse search and you may get lucky.
2015-7-18
Use props
roy
Second Officer

United States

Have you had any luck finding her in. The last couple of days?
2015-7-19
Use props
Numpty clive
lvl.2

United Kingdom

Been out for hours looking but the fields are just to thick and big. Did find a dead bird tho exactly where the last known gps location shows
2015-7-19
Use props
Numpty clive
lvl.2

United Kingdom

I was also flying at 300ft so should of cleared trees etc. I've posted some adverts on fb etc offering a reward. Nothing more to do really. A costly mistake
2015-7-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules