iPhone 6 can't download video, not on SD either
561 10 2021-5-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
mattfatt67
lvl.1

Canada

Hello anyone reading, new here. Hoping to get pointed in the right direction to a simple solution, perhaps.
128 GB mini SD in the Mavic, shared with a GoPro and a Canon Rebel. Canon saves to a GoPro folder. Mavic saved JPGs to another folder, videos from Mavic nowhere to be found. DJI app says no video on aircraft. Video shows up as being in the DJI app, but it's the cached version, less than 800MB in size. iPhone says DJI app is using nearly 3 GB of space. Only the one video and 2 JPGs, not nearly enough for 3 GB. Select the video, download button is greyed out. Says "not downloaded". Anywhere else to look? Other ideas? Thanks in advance!

Matthew
2021-5-9
Use props
K6CCC
Second Officer
Flight distance : 651683 ft
United States

I had to pull the uSD card out of my Mini and plug it into my PC to make sure of this answer....  The Mini photo and video files are in: USB drive > DCIM > 100MEDIA
2021-5-9
Use props
K6CCC
Second Officer
United States

One more.  Did you start recording video or take photos during the flight?
2021-5-9
Use props
mattfatt67
lvl.1

Canada

I took pics during the first flight, those appear on the SD. The next flight I started filming.
2021-5-9
Use props
K6CCC
Second Officer
United States

The next flight I started filming.

Did you stop recording video BEFORE shutting off the Mini?  If you power off the Mini while it is still recording video, the video file will be corrupted.  That can USUALLY be fixed by putting the uSD card back into the Mini, powering it on, wait a short while and powering it back off.
2021-5-9
Use props
mattfatt67
lvl.1

Canada

Excellent, I will give this a try!
2021-5-9
Use props
mattfatt67
lvl.1

Canada

BTW, yes, I think I powered down before actually stopping the recording...makes sense that I corrupted it somehow
2021-5-9
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, mattfatt67. Thanks for reaching out! If you have turned off the aircraft before stopping the recording, please follow the same step provide by K6CCC.

We strongly encourage you to make sure to power off the aircraft correctly. Otherwise, your camera parameters will not be saved and any recorded videos may be damaged. DJI is not responsible for any failure of an image or video to be recorded or having been recorded in a way that is not machine-readable.
2021-5-10
Use props
mattfatt67
lvl.1

Canada

So in the end I gave up on the videos and just got a new SD card and will use it exclusively for the drone. Thanks again!
2021-5-30
Use props
Donut Michigan
lvl.4
Flight distance : 42415 ft
United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 5-10 00:27
Hi, mattfatt67. Thanks for reaching out! If you have turned off the aircraft before stopping the recording, please follow the same step provide by K6CCC.

We strongly encourage you to make sure to power off the aircraft correctly. Otherwise, your camera parameters will not be saved and any recorded videos may be damaged. DJI is not responsible for any failure of an image or video to be recorded or having been recorded in a way that is not machine-readable.

Could DJI have it added to the app to close out any files before allowing it to shut down. Of corse if the battery is fully deleted that may not happe.
Seams like that would be an easy update for DJI.
Doug
2021-5-30
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Donut Michigan Posted at 5-30 22:03
Could DJI have it added to the app to close out any files before allowing it to shut down. Of corse if the battery is fully deleted that may not happe.
Seams like that would be an easy update for DJI.
Doug

We appreciate your suggestion and we'll forward this feedback to our developers. After the evaluation of the engineers, significant suggestions or requests will be implemented via the firmware update, app update, etc. For any updates, please stay tuned to the latest news on our DJI official website at www.dji.com or by checking the Release Notes specific for your product.
2021-5-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules