4285 10 2021-5-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
kusaimon
lvl.1
Flight distance : 2300 ft
Canada

Hello good people of DJI world.

I'm failry new to drone life so please forgive my stupidity.

I'm have a weird issue with updating the firmware when using a different battery. When I put battery (1) in the drone and start the app and connect the drone, there is no problem. However when I try a different battery I'm told the firmware is inconsistent, I then follow the prompts to update and after having done so and restarted/reconnected etc. I'm back to the firmware being inconsistent and loops back to start the update process over again. The controller also has troble reconnecting to the drone.

On one occaision I thought I had succesfully updated and while in fly mode there's a red warning saying aircraft module firmware versions incompatible (sp) (code 30224) and suggesting I go to profile > settings to update. I go to this and check for updates and told all are up to date.

The update seems to be dji rc-n1 v04.12.00.32

Every time I try to connect the drone I'm looped back to this. Additionally the battery seems to be getting very hot.

Any help in fixing it would be appreciated.

Firmware Version

Firmware Version
2021-5-12
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

dji rc-n1 is the remote firmware not the battery firmware.
2021-5-12
Use props
kusaimon
lvl.1
Canada

DAFlys Posted at 5-12 22:35
dji rc-n1 is the remote firmware not the battery firmware.

Why would there be a difference when using a different battery? The firmware update just loops, it says it's complete but when reconnected back to firmware inconsistent message.
2021-5-12
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

kusaimon Posted at 5-12 22:39
Why would there be a difference when using a different battery? The firmware update just loops, it says it's complete but when reconnected back to firmware inconsistent message.

There is firmware on each of the batteries,  so after an update you normally cycle all three batteries through the drone to update them.
2021-5-12
Use props
JohnDG
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1097270 ft
Malaysia

There are a number of things that could need update
1. your controller
2. your drone
3. the battery

When the battery firmware needs to be updated, it comes with a firmware update of the drone.
The batteries will need to be updated individually. Once the right firmware is on the drone, you will get an inconsistent firmware with every battery that is not updated. In that case you will get the option to update at start.

See that you installed the latest Fly 1.4.0 app and you updated your controller and your drone.
The controller can be updated with the Assistent software which can be found on the dji.com website.

https://www.dji.com/mobile/mini-2/downloads

The drone need to be updated thru the fly app.
2021-5-12
Use props
kusaimon
lvl.1
Canada

Thanks for the advice. The fly app is 1.4.0

I suspected each battery would need updating which is why I'm trying all three of them but with two I am getting this inconsistent firmware install loop.

One thing I think might be the issue is once I get the message that the firmware is complete, it says the controller will automatically restart and then I should relink the controller to the aircraft. I'm not sure that the controller is in fact automatically restarting although all four lights do blink constantly.

I've also noticed that when I try to charge one of the batteries in the charging hub that I am having this problem with, where there are four lights, the 3rd light will flash 3 times and then no lights for a second or so and repeats.

This update is proving to be quite frustrating.
2021-5-12
Use props
JohnDG
Second Officer
Malaysia

kusaimon Posted at 5-12 23:19
Thanks for the advice. The fly app is 1.4.0

I suspected each battery would need updating which is why I'm trying all three of them but with two I am getting this inconsistent firmware install loop.

Those firmware shown in your screenshot are indeed the latest for the aircraft and the controller.

When starting, you should get one time for each battery an inconsistent warning and the option to update the battery. Once you opted to update, it shouldn't ask you over and over again for that battery. You should get that only once for each battery that is not updated.

Could be a faulted battery. Better try contact DJI support.
2021-5-12
Use props
smbishop
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1859232 ft
  • >>>
United States

JohnDG Posted at 5-12 22:53
There are a number of things that could need update
1. your controller
2. your drone

Did not know the controller could be updated through the DJI Assistant, thanks for that!
2021-5-13
Use props
JohnDG
Second Officer
Malaysia

smbishop Posted at 5-13 02:55
Did not know the controller could be updated through the DJI Assistant, thanks for that!

The mini 2 is the only that can't (officially) update thru the assistant.

Former drones and controller could all be updated using the assistent on a pc.
2021-5-13
Use props
whiteghost
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1479705 ft
United Kingdom

App claimed all my stuff was up to  date.
I put the controller on my pc through the assistant just to check and it stated there was an update which I did manually?

Always better to check!
2021-5-13
Use props
kusaimon
lvl.1
Canada

JohnDG Posted at 5-12 23:51
Those firmware shown in your screenshot are indeed the latest for the aircraft and the controller.

When starting, you should get one time for each battery an inconsistent warning and the option to update the battery. Once you opted to update, it shouldn't ask you over and over again for that battery. You should get that only once for each battery that is not updated.

Many thanks for you help. I guess I should do that as I am having no luck trying to fix this. I have 3 batteries that I got as part of the combo pack. One works perfectly and two are having this issue.
2021-5-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules