3993 9 2021-5-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_oe8EmsdxjDIt
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2055148 ft
Netherlands

Hello,

Recently I bought an anodized aluminium plate (17,5mm x 7,45mm, 0,18gr) for my DJI Air 2S.
The operator ID is on this plate and it needs to be placed on the ouside of the drone.
I contacted the DJI support but they gave me inconsistent information as to where to place it.

Has anyone elso also have an anodized alumium plate for their Air 2s, if yes, could you please
say where you placed it?
I want to make sure it doesn't affect the internal components (GPS, IMU) and signal strength.

Best regards.

2021-5-13
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Put it in the battery compartment under the battery.  
2021-5-13
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, djiuser_oe8EmsdxjDIt. Thanks for reaching out! Can you upload a sample photo of the plate you're referring to? It is commonly suggested to place the ID or plate in this section of the aircraft.
2021-5-14
Use props
djiuser_oe8EmsdxjDIt
lvl.4
Netherlands

DJI Gamora Posted at 5-14 00:16
Hi, djiuser_oe8EmsdxjDIt. Thanks for reaching out! Can you upload a sample photo of the plate you're referring to? It is commonly suggested to place the ID or plate in this section of the aircraft.
[view_image]

Hello, I bought it here (includes the pictures): https://shop.drohnen.de/en/dji-mavic-air-2s-drohnen-plakette-kennzeichen-52/

Is it also possible to put it on the rear (between the two sensors) or on the front left arm (next to the ADS-B Airsense sticker)?

2021-5-14
Use props
rwynant V1
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4842277 ft
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 5-13 23:25
Put it in the battery compartment under the battery.

In the USA it is required to be visible without having to touch the aircraft.
2021-5-14
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

rwynant V1 Posted at 5-14 18:22
In the USA it is required to be visible without having to touch the aircraft.

Thats OK,  he's in Europe where it can be anywhere where you dont need tools to access.
2021-5-15
Use props
djisuer_oe3Qxgxjw
lvl.4
Netherlands

DAFlys Posted at 5-15 00:41
Thats OK,  he's in Europe where it can be anywhere where you dont need tools to access.

It needs to be outside of the drone. So in the battery compartment is not an option
2021-5-15
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

djisuer_oe3Qxgxjw Posted at 5-15 09:30
It needs to be outside of the drone. So in the battery compartment is not an option

No based on th EASA rules.

How to label your drone or model aircraft

Your operator ID must be:

visible from the outside, or within a compartment that can easily be accessed without using a tool
clear and in block capitals taller than 3mm
secure and safe from damage
on the main body of the aircraft
2021-5-16
Use props
djisuer_oe3Qxgxjw
lvl.4
Netherlands

DAFlys Posted at 5-16 00:41
No based on th EASA rules.

How to label your drone or model aircraft
The official government organization in the Netherlands for registration of motorized vehicles and drivers licenses is called the RDW. They also provide the operator ID for drones. On their website it states that the operator ID needs to be placed clearly visible on the outside of the drone.

Source (in Dutch):
https://www.rdw.nl/particulier/voertuigen/drone/het-vliegbewijs-en-het-exploitantnummer-van-een-drone/aanvragen-vliegbewijs-of-exploitantnummer-van-een-drone
2021-5-16
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

djisuer_oe3Qxgxjw Posted at 5-16 08:12
The official government organization in the Netherlands for registration of motorized vehicles and drivers licenses is called the RDW. They also provide the operator ID for drones. On their website it states that the operator ID needs to be placed clearly visible on the outside of the drone.

Source (in Dutch):

So much for EASA harmonising the rules across Europe,   So now if I visit Spain Im fine but in Germany or. the Netherlands I need to re label the drone.
2021-5-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules