Gimbal problems
513 7 2021-5-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
MatthewFox
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Hi,
I've just powered up my Mavic 2 Pro for the first time in a while. When I took it out of the bag I noticed the gimbal cover was cracked so it must have been knocked while packed up

When I powered it on, I didn't realise that part of the cover was still attached to the drone and it caused a gimbal overload. I flew it up as normal but the camera was at an angle, the image very jerky and no stabilisation at all. The image was still being transmitted and I took a few photos no problem.

When I power it on, the gimbal does its initial rotations and returns to a forward-facing position but it doesn't respond to any input from the controller.

I've updated the firmware but it doesn't fix it. Any ideas on how to fix it if there's physical damage (but not visible)

Thank you!
2021-5-16
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi MatthewFox, I'm sorry to know about the issue you've encountered on your DJI Mavic 2 pro. Please be advised that if the drone encountered a physical damage due to an impact when the unit is in storage(transportation), it is recommended for us to send it in for a proper diagnosis. However, for us to clarify was the gimbal protector removed when you tried to fly it? In addition, was the gimbal calibration successful? Thank you.
2021-5-16
Use props
MatthewFox
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Thank you for your reply.

When I removed the drone from its bag, the domed part of the gimbal cover was off, but the other part was still attached, which I didn’t realise. When it powered on, this caused the overload error message.

When I try a calibration, there is no response from the app, it’s as if nothing happens.
2021-5-16
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

MatthewFox Posted at 5-16 09:43
Thank you for your reply.

When I removed the drone from its bag, the domed part of the gimbal cover was off, but the other part was still attached, which I didn’t realise. When it powered on, this caused the overload error message.

Thank you for the information and I'm sorry to know about what happened. Please be advised that you have an option to send in the drone for a proper diagnosis as there's a possible physical damage on the unit due to the concern with the storage, but for us to further check, were you able to check if there is any obstruction on the gimbal? In addition, for the gimbal calibration, was the drone placed on a leveled surface? Thank you.
2021-5-16
Use props
MatthewFox
lvl.1

United Kingdom

DJI Paladin Posted at 5-16 12:57
Thank you for the information and I'm sorry to know about what happened. Please be advised that you have an option to send in the drone for a proper diagnosis as there's a possible physical damage on the unit due to the concern with the storage, but for us to further check, were you able to check if there is any obstruction on the gimbal? In addition, for the gimbal calibration, was the drone placed on a leveled surface? Thank you.

There is now nothing obstructing the gimbal.

I will try a calibration again in the morning and report back.

Thank you
2021-5-16
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

MatthewFox Posted at 5-16 13:58
There is now nothing obstructing the gimbal.

I will try a calibration again in the morning and report back.

Hi there. Sorry for the late response. Can you please confirm if you still experience the said issue? Please keep us posted. Thank you for your support.
2021-6-3
Use props
MatthewFox
lvl.1

United Kingdom

DJI Paladin Posted at 6-3 23:50
Hi there. Sorry for the late response. Can you please confirm if you still experience the said issue? Please keep us posted. Thank you for your support.

Thank you for your reply - I raised a repair request directly with DJI, sent it off and am very grateful to report that my Mavic 2 Pro was still within its warranty period and has been replaced free of charge.

For this, I cannot thank you enough as a drone repair company here quoted me £400 for a repair!

I have now purchased DJI Care Refresh for the replacement. If there is anywhere I can leave a compliment, good review or just good feedback, please let me know as I would love to do so!!

Thank you
2021-6-4
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

MatthewFox Posted at 6-4 01:12
Thank you for your reply - I raised a repair request directly with DJI, sent it off and am very grateful to report that my Mavic 2 Pro was still within its warranty period and has been replaced free of charge.

For this, I cannot thank you enough as a drone repair company here quoted me £400 for a repair!

Hi there. We're glad that the issue was been isolate and you already receive your replacement unit for free. Please don't hesitate to reach us if you have other inquiries or concerns. Thank you for your continued support, happy flying!
2021-6-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules